Newsletter December Newsletter

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
Welcome to the fabulous month of December!

Here are some friendly reminders for this month:

Remember to spend quality time with family and friends (especially the ones you haven't seen in a while).
Enjoy your time off from school and work.
Be thankful for all you have, even if it's not what you may have wanted.
Spend at least 6 hours a day in your favorite eGO server.
And finally, take some time for yourself this holiday season, you deserve it.


December has always been my favorite month and I hope it's also somewhat of a favorite for you. It amazes me, even though I do some of the same things every December, it's always 100 times better than the last. I hope it turns out to be like that for you as well.

Whatever way you celebrate the month of December, I hope you have a great time doing so. Remember to stay safe this month as weather conditions may be bad depending on where you live.

On behalf of eGO and the Newsletter Team, I wish everyone a happy holiday and an awesome New Year.

Take care and see everyone back in 2013!
SkylineGTR​

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260508"]
newmeetleaddec.jpg
[/link]

This month SylineGTR interviews DOD's newest DL, Blue Stealth, in his Meet The Leadership column. He uncovers the answer to the question on everyone's mind.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260508"]continued here...[/link]

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260518"]
newcwidec.jpg
[/link]

In Clan Wide Interest konigandy6 discusses gaming on non-eGO servers.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260518"]continued here...[/link]

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260520"]
newspcsdivdec.jpg
[/link]

DoomTree explains how processing recruits just got easier in his Personnel Service Center article.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260520"]continued here...[/link]

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260521"]
newsbfdivdec.jpg
[/link]

Battlefield's new DLC server and monthly events are explored in this month's column.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260521"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260522"]
newscoddivdec.jpg
[/link]

eGO's implementation of the newest COD release is discussed in this month's article.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260522"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260524"]
newscsdivdec.jpg
[/link]

Counter-Strike always has something new going on. Read about what's coming up in this month's article by Power.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260524"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260526"]
newsdoddivdec.jpg
[/link]

An interview with Meg's A Tagger highlights the DOD December Newsletter article.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260526"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260528"]
newsevedivdec.jpg
[/link]

In the Eve Online article Quaffer informs of a beginner's player guide and we learn about the recent game expansion.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260528"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260529"]
newsmcdivdec.jpg
[/link]

SkylineGTR updates on the happenings in the Minecraft Division.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953#post2260529"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953&page=2"]
newsopxdivdec.jpg
[/link]

Let Quaffer fill you in on the newest Op:X supported game, Planetside 2.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953&page=2"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953&page=2&#post2260533"]
newstf2divdec.jpg
[/link]

There is a lot happening this month in TF2, read about it.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953&page=2&#post2260533"]continued here...[/link]

This months newsletter was edited by fps, lins , RogueOps, and wewo. The art this month comes from fps.
Please thank them for their efforts.


You may notice from the avatar to the left of the posts that wewo published the newsletter with very little interference from yours truly. Make sure you tell him what a good job he's done with it. I know I appreciate it. Also, please welcome our new reporters and editing staff.
Quaffer​

We here at EdgeGamers Organization would like to thank the kind people at MaxFrag.net for providing us with our #1 ranked, 400 slot Ventrilo server. For everyone interested in finding out more about them, visit their site at this link: http://tinyurl.com/4yqoyq8
 
Last edited:
newmeetleaddec.jpg


By SkylineGTR

For this months "Meet the Leadership", we will attempt to understand the devious mind of the most stealthy man in the eGO community, Blue Stealth.


Q: Now that the year is coming to a close, how has this year in eGO been?

Throughout the year there have been many high and low points as there are with anything. The community has made some big changes and nearly all of them have been for the best. I am sure it can be said for the entire community, but DoDS certainly has seen a steady growth both in members and server popularity throughout 2012. Being able to claim that for a game that is going into its seventh year and is no longer supported with new content by Valve is certainly an accomplishment to be proud of. However, there is still work that needs to be done and the entire DoDS leadership team is looking forward to a fun and productive 2013.


Q: I also know that you were recently promoted to Division Leader this year for the DOD:S division, how's that going for you?

What you say is true, I was promoted to DL on November 1, so I am fairly new to the job. It has been a very smooth transition for me personally, as many of the responsibilities I currently hold are similar or the same to those I had when I was an Advisor. As someone who is heavily involved and interested in the logistics and inner-workings of the division, I find that not much has changed for me since attaining the new rank. I still carry out the same tasks as before, but now I have a little more access and ability to move freely, so to speak. That being said, there have been transitions in the past that have not gone so well and I hope mine will not be considered as such. At the end of the day, if you are having fun and you care enough to get the job done, you will do fine regardless of your rank.


Q: Assuming you don't leave us (which I doubt you will), what are some of your plans for the upcoming year? Both real life and within eGO.

I have been in eGO for over four years now and have weathered numerous storms (even a hurricane or two), so I have no plans on leaving. My plans for eGO in the upcoming year that I can speak of are improving the DoD recruiting program while assisting other divisions with theirs. I am also hopeful that we will start a team or two for competitive league play and keep future realism campaigns fresh and exciting. As for real life, I am currently a 4th year student in college double majoring in biochemistry and computer science, so I plan to spend an extra year at college to achieve this. After I graduate, I am not sure exactly what I will be doing but my aim is either medical school or bioinformatics work/research.


Q: So, lets get down to business, to defeat the Huns! Bet you actually sang that instead of only reading it, huh?

Well if I started to sing, you would run away quite quickly. While I may not sing about the Huns, I am certainly interested in German history and have researched many areas of the country, ranging from the environmental economics of pre-war Germany to the rise of National Socialism and fascism in the 1930’s and 40’s. I believe I've taken four college courses on Germany at this point in my college career, so as you can tell I play DoD:S not only because of the excellent gameplay, but also out of a historical interest.


Q: Since you are the Division Leader, what are some things coming up for your division that you would like to share? Any secrets that you are willing to divulge?

I have already touched upon what I am driving towards in 2013, but as for December there will definitely be a couple of surprises announced for the community and the DoD division. As you can imagine, it is a constant struggle to come up with new and fun ideas for a game that is about six and a half years old, but not impossible. I will share with you that the current date slated for realism campaign 9 will be January 5, 2013, with registration going live sometime around mid-December. There are currently some big improvements in the works for the campaign, but I am not prepared to give out any more ‘secrets’ today. In addition, if anyone has concerns, suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the realism campaign events, please contact me.


Q: If you could choose one superpower to have from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, what power would you choose and what would you do in that time span?

I'm not going to interest many people with this one, but the power to "concentrate completely" would be invaluable to me between the hours of 3-5PM. I am a horrible procrastinator when it comes to school homework; two hours in the middle of the day where I could focus completely on work would be incredibly helpful.


Q: How do you feel about bacon? Personally, I have always loved bacon, are you one of those people that love it as well? Like to join my bacon club?

I do like bacon, indeed. I lived in Saudi Arabia for approximately six years and had to leave the country before I could eat any. I am not a massive bacon fan like some other members of my family, but after six years of not having much at all, you begin to miss it. So, to directly answer your question, I do not love bacon but I do certainly enjoy it. As such, unfortunately, I will have to decline your invitation into the prestigious bacon club.


Q: I know the last question was random, but didn't you like how random this interview was? Unless you like dull interviews, is that the case?

I don’t mind random questions, that’s essentially what an interview is - a game of 20 questions in a formal environment. And whether or not I like dull interviews is a bit of a loaded question with the negative connotations, is it not? On a more serious note, interviews can either be too structured or too relaxed. You have to find a good balance as an interviewer, and I would say you have done a good job in doing so.


Q: Adam Sandler, Chris Rock or Kevin Hart? Explain.

Sorry to you Sandler, Rock, and Hart fans out there but my answer to this question is none of the above. I am very picky (or refined) when it comes to comedy and the small group of American comedians that I thoroughly enjoy include names like Patrice O Neal, Jim Norton, and Colin Quinn. However, I do enjoy British comedy much more than American comedy. The names of Monty Python, Mitchell and Webb, Fry and Laurie, and Harry and Paul are the “go to” comedians for me.


Q: Finally, please share the most random thing that comes to your mind after reading this last sentence!

Not utterly random, but the thoughts on my mind as of late are exams, snow, and family. The last semester at school and just in general have been long and grueling and it’s about time for a vacation.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newcwidec.jpg


By konigandy6

You actually want to play games outside of eGO?


So you're actually going to do it? You're going to step out of eGO's realm and brave the unknown pubs? God speed, my good friend, we wish you the best. If we don’t see you in a few days, we will send help.


If you are like me, you occasionally browse one of the numerous non-eGO servers out in the CS universe. It’s OK, really, we all do it once in a while. But occasionally I run into a couple of issues while doing so.


The main issue is dealing with disrespect. EdgeGamers is one of the largest online gaming communities around. Because of our size, we see our share of “Haters”. These haters come in many different forms; from the guy who was banned for cheating, to the occasional troll. But the bottom line is, "The Hater" is there to let you know how much he dislikes you and everyone else. My response to these Haters, when visiting non-eGO servers, is simple… ignore mode: engaged. Nothing fuels hatred and flaming more than feeding the trolls. Just play the game. If it gets out of hand, leave and go somewhere else, particularly an eGO server. If you don’t want to leave, contact an admin and see if they’ll do something about it. If the admin happens to be" The Hater", then you'll probably be fighting an uphill battle.


No matter where you go or what pub you brave, always keep this in mind: It's just a game. Don’t let people get to you because of your affiliations. I say this because I want to encourage all of you to wear your eGO tags proudly. You belong to an outstanding group of diverse gamers from all over the world. Why would you want to hide that because of those Haters?


I'd like to sneak something into konigandy6's excellent article: A gentle reminder. Wherever you wear our tags, our rules apply to you. When you are on any server, their rules apply to you as well as eGO standards.
Quaffer​

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newspcsdivdec.jpg


By DoomTree

Out with the old and in with the new! While we wrap up 2012 and prepare for the New Year, there are some big changes happening in the Personnel Service Center Division.


A big Thanks goes out to the PSC Leadership and eGO's Technical Team. It is now easier than ever to process new applicants. If you thought the dedicated members of the PSC were fast at processing your new recruits before the update, wait until you experience the changes that have been made to the DAPS Forum Integration system.


DAPS stands for Dedicated Application Processing System and is used by members of PSC to process and accept new members into our community. PSC Leadership and the eGO Technical Team have recently completed updates to the system that allow PSC members to add new recruits to the DAPS Forum Integration system themselves. In short, this allows for faster processing of new members. This will also alleviate much of the extra work PSC members previously went through when accepting new applicants. Not only that, but it will make it easier for the people you recruit to get integrated into the forums and active in the eGO community. So come on eGO, get out there and start recruiting!


A reminder for anyone who is not in the PSC: If you are interested in joining, send a private message to a member of PSC Leadership. You can find the roster here.


Although PSC members span across many different games, they still hold events just like every other division in eGO. This may include big events such as New e Orientations or Invasion nights. Be sure and check out the Event Calendar for more information on upcoming PSC events.


Have a safe and happy holidays everyone. Merry Christmas!

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newsbfdivdec.jpg


By SkylineGTR

My skills (or my badgering) have allowed me to squeeze the following information out of BF leadership, who have their hands full working on filling servers:

Recruiting Contest:
  • The contest runs from December 1 through December 31.
  • Both Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2 are supported during the contest (meaning you can recruit for both).
  • You do not have to be the best recruiter to join the contest. All levels of recruiting are acceptable and appreciated.
  • More information on the contest is found in a sticky in Division Discussion.

Server Change/DLC:

  • New DLC expansion will be available for PC members either December 4 (for premium members) or December 18 (for regular members).
  • The 24/7 Metro server will be changed to a 24/7 DLC all game modes map with the new DLC expansion pack.

Events:

  • All events will be running as scheduled.
  • The Recruiting Contest will run the entire month.

I would like to thank Battlefield Advisor ThundrRok for taking the time to contribute the information above.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newscoddivdec.jpg


By wewo

DragonD was kind enough to fill me in on the newest COD release, Black Ops 2 (BO2). Even though eGO doesn't currently have "true dedicated servers" for BO2, the COD Division is still supporting the newest COD game. Members may join the "eGO Black Ops 2" group by going here.


In light of this new addition, the COD Division will be hosting events for the BO2 group and starting "league play", which is a game option that is similar to having a built-in competitive team ladder. Try out the newest addition to the COD line-up with your eGO buddies. If you have BO2 (which is far better than having BO, pun intended), post in the BO2 Roll Call and provide your opinion of it here.

Happy Holidays to all:)

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newscsdivdec.jpg


By Power

It's December. Time to cozy up, sit by the Christmas tree, and spend some time with friends on an eGO Counter-Strike (CS) server. Over this past year, the CS division has grown exponentially with the addition and removal of servers, global events, and leadership changes. Although there were many changes, the friendliness between members still exist, the servers are still exciting to play in, and the the results of leadership's hard work is readily apparent.


To kick off this exciting month, CS leadership is hosting a holiday event, "Dust2 Deathmatch Holiday Gift Hustle." The contest is simple: you enter the Dust2 Deathmatch server, kill an enemy, hope they drop a blue present, retrieve it, and by the end of each week, a $50 Steam card will be handed to the person with the most presents. Be sure to thank Iamevilbear, Trippey, and Christy for their hard work to make this event possible; they contributed their time, money, and effort for this contest. For more contest details and rules, please check the "Dust2 Deathmatch Holiday Gift Hustle" thread below.


Do you ever ask yourself, "Gee, I wonder what that nub who freekilled me in jail looks like in real life?" Well look no further than the "CS members post themselves!" thread. The thread is simple: you post a picture of yourself for your fellow eGO friends to see. On a more serious note, it's definitely a good thread to show your other side and be a bit more open since the CS division is one big family. Make sure you check it out and if you're open enough, post a picture of yourself.


For the most recent news, leadership has promoted fps to CS Admin Trainer Advisor, co-leading with Ric. fps has only been with eGO for a year and has made many contributions throughout by recruiting, participation in the community, and admin training. Please give him a nice welcome to the leadership roster.


With the year coming to an end, we look forward to another exciting year with more servers, events, maps, leadership members, new admins, and exciting changes. Remember to keep on supporting the CS/CS: Global Offensive server and keep it well populated. If there are any specific changes you would like (new maps, rules, etc..), make sure to voice your opinion in the Drop Box and leadership will always consider what you have to say. At the end of the day, make sure to enjoy your time on the server, have fun with friends, stay active on forums, and we hope you love every moment of it as you step into the holiday seasons.


"Dust2 Deathmatch Holiday Gift Hustle" 50$ Steam contest: http://tinyurl.com/c2nfhae
"CS members post themselves!" thread: http://tinyurl.com/c2z6k8r
CS:S servers: http://tinyurl.com/c855alw
CS:GO Gun Game server: http://tinyurl.com/cxmyxqx

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newsdoddivdec.jpg


By DoomTree

The final Day of Defeat newsletter of 2012 is here as we enter the month of December.

As many of you know, the DoD:S Realism Campaign is very popular within the eGO DoD:S community. The previous campaign ended in October and was a great success, with the Allies taking the victory. The hiatus is now over. Sign-ups for Realism 9 will be going up sometime in the month of December in the DOD Divisional Forum with an expected launch of Jan 12, 2013. Signing up is required if you wish to participate and anyone, regardless of division is welcome. For more information on Realism Campaigns you can check out the Realism 8 headquarter thread or keep an eye out for the Realism 9 Headquarter/Signup Thread in the near future.


DOD Division Leadership is currently holding a Recruitment Contest codenamed Operation Recruitment. Operation Recruitment was launched in November and the winner for the month of November was Cronus, with 26 recruits. The prizes for both November and December are:
First Prize wins $60 to use for anything on Steam.
Second Prize wins 1 game from Blue Stealth's vault.
In order to win first prize, contestants must recruit a minimum of 25 recruits. For full information on Operation Recruitment rules and information click HERE.


Blue Stealth, a prominent member in the eGO DoD:S community and recent recipient of the Medal of Valor (the division's highest medal) was promoted to DoD:S Division Leader in November. Please congratulate Blue Stealth on his promotion and read his interview in the Meet the Leadership article in this newsletter.


I interviewed Meg's A Tagger, a member-friendly Advisor, who brings you DOD events. We talked about what it's like to be an Event Coordinator:

1. How long have you been an Event Coordinator for the DOD Division?

I have been an Event Coordinator ever since I became an Advisor. So a little over a year now.


2. As an event coordinator, what do you enjoy most?

I just enjoy all the fun we all have together. I like it when brand new players join us, including members from other divisions. It gives all of us a chance to get to know each other and have fun.


3. The Realism Campaign is a big part of eGO's DOD community. What would you say to someone who had no idea what the Realism Campaign is all about?

I would tell them that it is a blast! It's the coolest way to play DoD:S. We try to make it as realistic as possible. And with the campaign you are with the same team the whole way through.


4. What process do the DOD Event Coordinators use when they decide which type of event to do?

We often take our members suggestions for which events they would like. Normally there are only two or three "set in stone" events we run during the week. So the rest of the time we are testing out new event ideas or simply running an event that we haven't played in awhile.


5. If someone had an idea for a DOD event, what process would they need to go through to recommend it?

All they would need to do is PM me and/or Boyle on the forums. We will read it over and let them know if it would work out or not. I would then schedule some time during the week to test it out, work out rules, and go for it. We are always open to suggestions for new ideas, even variations of other events.


6. Finally, what events are your favorites?

There are so many to choose from but if I had to choose just a few...they would be Realism, Beacon Tag, and Gun Game.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone, and remember to check your six!

Event Calendar
DoD:S Servers

*Special Thanks to Megs A Tagger for the interview and wewo for the information.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newsevedivdec.jpg


By Quaffer

So you've taken the plunge and you're playing EVE online. But you've got questions, so many questions. Well here is a resource with the answers.
ISK the Ultimate Guide to EVE online is available here.


This guide is free for download as a 22.4 mb pdf, or if you find you must have a hard copy that you can use a highlighter on, you can pay to have one shipped to you. It's over 400 pages with pictures, tables, and answers. Lots and lots of answers.


Do weapons go in high slots or low slots? What the heck do I put in mid slots? What skills are important in trading? Does every player need a player owned structure? What do I use one for? How should I defend it? Too much to fast, how do I get started? The ISK has it covered.


While seasoned players may or may not agree with all of the content of the ISK, I think it is worth reading. At least it will give you the vocabulary and a starting place for lively discussions. For a new player, it looks to be a good place for one-stop searching.


Note: this is volume 1, volume 2 is in the works. To answer the question I know you are thinking, no there are no Cliff-notes.


Enjoy the exploration.

Division Council 2Sl0w informs us that there is a new expansion, focusing on bounty systems and PVP. He believes it will be quite energizing for the player base. In the meantime eGO's alliance has been involved in skirmishes, while it plans its next big move.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newsmcdivdec.jpg


By SkylineGTR

It was a crazy Thanksgiving break for a lot of us, but you have to hand it to the Minecraft division; when I needed the information, they got it to me in a jiffy.

So, without any further rambling, I present you the state of the Minecraft division:

Event Coordination:

  • Created a New Prize room.
  • Recently promoted Hexi and Acefire to the Event Coordinator team, please go spam their profile and congratulate them.
  • New and improved events are being conjured up, so if you are a big fan of the Minecraft Events you should really check them out.

Creative Team:

  • A new adventure map is being built. Please contact Russo if you are interested in getting your creative skills in gear and building things with fun and exciting people.

Admin Training:

  • Sign up for Admin training in the eG forums or private message an AT to schedule a training session.
  • Please congratulate Witch_Doctor for his recent promotion to Minecraft Admin Trainer.

DL Corner (information you need to know):

  • All information regarding MC rules has been updated. Information for this can be found in the MC division forums. Please go check them out so you are updated on the rules.

I would like to thank Minecraft Advisor DaddyO for taking the time to contribute the information above.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newsopxdivdec.jpg


By Quaffer

In this month's Operation: X article, I will be discussing PlanetSide 2. I had a very pleasant chat with DigitalDJ and he gave me the skinny.


In brief, PlanetSide 2 is a Massively Multiplayer first person shooter. It is set on a planet in the future. The entire planet is at war. There are three different factions and three different continents. Your goal is to take control of one of the continents. DigitalDJ tells me to picture a cross between Battlefield and Halo. The bad news is there are only a few servers that are currently supporting PlanetSide 2. The good news is that the servers support 2,000 players, each. That's right I said 2,000.


With 666 players on your team, how on Earth, excuse me, how on Auraxis will you ever be able to play with your buds? eGO has an answer for you; in a word, Ventrilo. Spend any time at all in Vent and you will notice that there are always people in the PlanetSide 2 room. They can fix you up and guide you through the process of choosing and equipping your fighter.


Choices, what choices? You can play as an Infiltrator (cloaked sniper/scout), Light Assault, Combat Medic, Engineer, Heavy Assault, or Mechanized Assault with an EXO suit.


But don't think you're stuck slogging it through the mud. Get ready to take a ride or pilot APCs (Sunderer), quad bikes (Flash), tanks, and aircraft.


Participation gives you experience and cash. Use experience to improve yourself. Use cash to improve your gear. In this game just about everything you use can be upgraded: weapons, vehicles, etc.


This game is enjoying excellent support, not just from Operation:X but from eGO players in every division, including leadership. If we continue to see this level of activity there is a possibility of a new eGO division down the road.


If I've managed to whet your appetite, check out the PlanetSide 2 Discussion.


Now if you will excuse me, I have to get on Steam and download my own copy of PlanetSide 2. Oh before I forget, it's free.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
newstf2divdec.jpg


By DoomTree

Along with the festivities of the season comes another informative Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Newsletter article.


For those of you who were around to enjoy the 3 v 3 Christmas King of the Hill competition from last year, you will be excited to know that it is returning again for the holidays. This is a good opportunity for some fun and friendly competition between you and your fellow eGO TF2 players. The top teams at the end of the bloodbath will stand to win great prizes such as Steam games. Players who enter the tournament are entered into a random drawing that could result in them winning a TF2 item. If you are interested in participating, sign up in the TF2 divisional forums.


December also brings a large End-of-the-Year Recruiting Drive to the TF2 Division. Recruiting drives are events that last for a specified amount of time in which the point is to recruit as many new members as you can. For this particular drive, players have a chance to win valuable in-game items such as Billy’s Hat or Earbuds. If this has grabbed your attention, get out there and start recruiting.


The TF2 Division’s Highlander team finished their UGC Gaming League this past month with a strong record of 5-3. They worked hard during the season and Caelestis believes that the team is, “in a good position to have a much better record with many returning veterans for the next season.” The Highlander team consists of: Wilson!!, Caelestis, PepperRabbit, SnowCanary, N-Light, ShinobiSli, FanofAngels, Shiznoe, Clandestine, RoflCopter, Crixus, Codo, Strabes, VP-77, CAPS lock, Goyan – Tanuki, Slither and Vari. Please congratulate them on their efforts.


Finally, the TF2 division has decided to change the Doomsday server to a Control Points Rotation server, featuring various stock Valve maps such as Granary, Gorge, Steel, Junction, and more. The IP is 68.232.160.125:27015.

Have a safe and happy holidays everyone. Merry Christmas!


TF2 Game Servers
Event Calendar

*Special Thanks to Caelestis for providing the information for this article.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225953"]return to front page[/link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top