Smoking {Cigarettes} Age:16

MonsterBlackIce

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
124
If this is not an appropriate post please remove it!

Okay, so basically I am 16 years old, born March 12, 1996. I have been smoking since the age of 12 regularly. I now about smoke 1-3 cigarettes a day. I am honestly tired of hiding it from my parents. I know you all may say, why do you even smoke? why don't you just quit? I just honestly don't want too. I understand all the health risks that actually come with it, I have been well aware of that, I just enjoy the inhaling part to be honest. But back on topic, I would like to know of any tips or anything to confront my parents to be dead honest to them! I am just sick and tired of trying to hide it. I have given the multiple hints, I have came home reeking of cigarettes, I always have lighters, and overall just SMELL like it!!! I am just really seeking advice at this point. So anything is helpful EXCEPT anyone saying (Stop smoking, just quit, or anything along those lines.)

Thanks,
MonsterBlackIce
 
I don't think I can really offer you any advice on how to approach your parents, you just gotta go for it and they'll probably appreciate your honesty. Plus, the sooner you tell them, the sooner they can help you.

I used to smoke and quitting was the best decision I ever made. Food tastes better, things smell better, etc. You've got much to gain by quitting.
 
How on Earth did you acquire Cigarettes at 12?

Maybe take another source of nicotine besides smoking. Its this stuff that makes you addicted
 
How on Earth did you acquire Cigarettes at 12?

Maybe take another source of nicotine besides smoking. Its this stuff that makes you addicted

He's not asking how to quit, he's asking how to tell his parent he smokes.

In addition to that, it's difficult to obtain nicotine quitting aids if you're under 18.
 
I don't think there is any specific way to tell your parents this.

If you know they're not going to approve of it, yet plan to continue to do it, the outcome will be the same regardless how you break it to them.
In addition to that, it's difficult to obtain nicotine quitting aids if you're under 18.

Well the cigarettes he has been smoking since he was 12 also require him to be 18 to purchase.
 
Your best bet it to just tell them. Odds are your parents already know and are waiting on you to tell them/dont care. Your parents wont stop loving you because you smoke, they may try to make you quit, but oh well.

And like all good doctors do, I do recommend you quit smoking.
 
Just light one up in front of them, end of story!!! :laugh:
 
I don't know how strict your parents are. If they're giving you a lot of freedom at the age of 16, they might not get really upset/angry with you if you tell them you smoke.
I'm 18, and I only smoke a few cigarettes when I'm drunk. Or at least, when I've had a good few drinks. In my case it's more like a social aspect than anything else.
But if your parents aren't really giving you any freedom and still treat you like a child, don't tell them yet. Wait for the right moment, maybe even talk to one of your parents alone first. Which one is the most lenient? My parents are divorced and I've told my dad ( I live with my mother ) that I occasionally smoke a cigarette. Hell, I even smoked a sigar with my dad! He is very chill, he says I've got to do what ever makes me happy. And of course, he'll judge the actions I undertake, but he will never judge me as a person. And by the way, who is he to say smoking is bad? I'm an adult and it would be hypocrite of him to tell me not to smoke. He can only advise me to stop. My mother doesn't know that I smoke. She might have a clue, since my jacket smells like nicotine every weekend ( al though I usually say I went to a bar and people smoked there )
So, does anybody in your family smoke? If so, confront them first.


Just light one up in front of them, end of story!!! :laugh:

LOL. Best way to break it to 'em. Would cause a lot of shouting though, I think.
 
Mom, dad, I smoke cigarettes.
I'm sorry, I'm addict now so I won't stop until I want to, sorry for not telling you before.
Don't mess it up go straight.
 
I've smoked off and on since I was 16. My parents didn't know initially, but they found out when I left two burn marks on the porch rug. They were upset at me, but didn't stop loving me. I started smoking a pack a week in college, and my parents were none the wiser. My mother knows I occasionally bum one off my coworker.

Best advice I can give you is to just tell them. They will be upset, they may get a little mad, but they will never stop loving you.

My other piece of advice: I'm in the same boat as you. I don't smoke because I'm addicted. I smoke because of the oral fixation. Best thing I can recommend is getting a vaporizer. The start up cost is a bit steep($50 for a starter kit), but it's cheaper in the long run(bottles of juice cost around $5 and last about as long as 2-3 packs). It's safer than a cigarette too as the only thing you're putting in your body is food grade glycerine, flavoring and nicotine(any flavor you can get with nicotine you can get without) as opposed to all the chemicals in cigarettes.
 
And like all good doctors do, I do recommend you quit smoking.

Yeah . . . My mom was a smoker since age 11. She is now mid 40's and has had stage 3/4 cancer. Mostly caused from her smoking. She is cured of it now but there is no guarantee. I HIGHLY recommend kicking the habit. If you are going to smoke just do less of it. Once or twice a week is not bad. Not great but not too bad either. Seriously though. Im with compton here. You should really quit before something serious happens.
 
well you will be soon 18 and I dont think your parents will know soon enough. but hey you could just walk on the house and smoke
 
Thanks everyone for the advice, everything seems legit, I have been pondering a lot just about being straight forward. My parents aren't strict there not lenient but they are moderate you could say, I just leave the house when I want and can come back around 10/11pm (weekdays) and weekends if I want to stay someone I just ask and they usually say yes, my dad slips the occasional you can drink if you want pass but don't be a dumb***! I just want to get it off my chest.. just saying not trying to be mean but to all you who say "Stop smoking" I know it is a terrible habbit plus can cause cancer and all this other stuff, but honestly I could care less I have 1 life and I am going to learn from my mistakes and go on from there.
 
What.
Honestly as a person who started smoking at 12(but not consistent) never been addicted, could quit for about 6 month then start smoking, used to smoke about a pack every 2-3 days. And i cant think of any logical way to tell your parents that you smoke... maybe in 2-3 years u will
 
Just think about it..
If you ever want to break bad news to your parents, tell them something that is even worse first.. In this case, tell them you killed someone by running them over.. Then say that it is not true, you just got expelled from school, then say that is not true either, but you got your gf (if you are a girl, then that you are) pregnant, and then say that's not true either, but you just smoke on a regular basis..
 
I've been smoking for a little more than a decade now so I can relate to you in a fashion. The way my parents found out i was smoking in jr high at 15 was when I accidentally left my pack of smokes in my jeans and my mom found it while doing the laundry after that I just came clean. Your parents are smart, they probably know already. If you are a heavy smoker than your clothes stink and especially if nobody in your family smokes they will be able to smell if off of you. I used to smoke in my washroom too in the mornings so that was a dead give away, you can drop little hints or you can just let them find the evidence for themselves.

ps: My bday is March 12 too but born in 88, what a coincidink.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top