Newsletter January 2013 Newsletter

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
The holidays are over, New Year resolutions were made, and surely some have been broken already. What remains are memories of the past year and, more importantly, visions of our future. I, like most of you, have spent the past year with eGO. I know I have enjoyed it even more than the years before and look forward to another. Just like the Holidays are about more than gifts, eGO is about more than just gaming, it’s a place to meet friends, have fun and be treated with respect. Regardless of your level of admin, you will find friendly voices on Ventrilo and in-game, from the upper echelon of leadership on down.

Much like real life, there is always change, but our core, our family remains the same. Inside you will get another glimpse of the recent changes to your eGO family. Read about changes in leadership, new promotions, new events. However, rest assured that one thing will not change; you have a surrogate family among eGO. Happy Holidays, and cheers to what the new year will bring us.

wewo-Chief Editor​



[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285456"]
5mDOq.png
[/link]

DoomTree uncloaks the elusive Quaffer in an in depth interview with our very own Managing Editor.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285456"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285464"]
hnby7.png
[/link]

konigandy6 waxes philosophical on maturity in this month's Clan Wide Interest article.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285464"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285469"]
vEGEO.png
[/link]

You think recruiting is boring? Read the PSC article to learn about all the exciting prizes awarded and available to anyone who brings in recruits.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285469"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285489"]
zTXys.png
[/link]

Inter-clan battles and full servers are the topic of discussion in the Battlefield Division article.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285489"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285493"]
kaS17.png
[/link]

A new mod and popular events mean continuing success for the COD Division.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285493"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285497"]
SPjrs.png
[/link]

DoomTree gives you the low-down on promotions and the results of the Dust2 Deathmatch Holiday Gift Hustle tournament.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285497"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285509"]
A6rZt.png
[/link]

SkylineGTR fills you in on the latest DOD news, including the commencement of Realism Campaign 9.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2285509"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2286421"]
4UQwd.png
[/link]

Quaffer provides the latest Eve update information with his usual flair.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2286421"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2286428"]
kHceH.png
[/link]

Get up to date with the happenings in eGO's newest Division.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124#post2286428"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124&page=2&#post2286430"]
DB2Hc.png
[/link]

Get Quaffer's first person view of how to (or not to) maneuver your Tank in World of Tanks.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124&page=2&#post2286430"]continued here...[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124&page=2&#post2286432"]
GG41Q.png
[/link]

Presents, presents, and more presents. Presents abounded in the TF2 Division over the holidays. Power tells you who got what.

[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124&page=2&#post2286432"]continued here...[/link]


This months newsletter was edited by fps, lins, RapTure and wewo. This month featured the graphical styling of TriPPey. Please thank them for their efforts.

We here at EdgeGamers Organization would like to thank the kind people at MaxFrag.net for providing us with our #1 ranked, 400 slot Ventrilo server. For everyone interested in finding out more about them, visit their site at this link: http://tinyurl.com/4yqoyq8
 
Last edited by a moderator:
5mDOq.png


By DoomTree

Hello eGO Gamers. For this month's "Meet The Leadership" Article I had the pleasure of interviewing the mystery man known as Quaffer. We talked about all sorts of stuff from his first experiences as an =(e)=, to his favorite video games and books. Please enjoy.

Q. What or who made you first want to join eGO and what were some of the experiences you remember as a new member?

I joined eGO because a very good friend of mine, who goes by the name of "Bones", had joined up about three months earlier. He played Day of Defeat, and that sounded like something I would want to do. So, I joined Day of Defeat and I applied to the same house that Bones was in, which was The Raiders, and they accepted me. Experiences? Well, playing on Donner was always a lot of fun. The Raiders' home was Donner. I played support class. Support is kind of difficult because there is a real kick when using the BAR. I wasn't very good, but I had a good time.

Q. What is your role as an eGO Leadership member, and what are your favorite aspects of our community now that you have been in it for a while?

Well, actually I am not a member of a division. That started because I was running the "Signature of the Week" and I didn't want anybody claiming that I was having favorites for the different divisions, so I just took my division tags off and played and associated with people from all over. That's been fun. Because I was in Signature of the Week, when they started talking about having a newsletter I signed up to go to the first meeting because I wanted to get more advertising for "Signature of the Week". Angreifen dragged me into running the thing. When Angreifen stepped down from leadership, we needed somebody who could manipulate the newsletter forums, move threads into the general forums and give them stickies. I had been with the organization for a couple of years and was fairly active. So Artimus made me a "Technical Advisor", which is different than an Advisor in one of the divisions. A Technical Advisor is responsible for one particular aspect of eGO. The aspect I am responsible for is the Newsletter. I am also involved, peripherally, although I have not done much with it, the News Team and the Media Team.

Q. For those who may not know, what exactly is the difference between the Newsletter Team and the News Team?

If you were to go to the front page of the eGO website, you would find posts, different short articles, usually a new one everyday. Sometimes more than one a day. They can be about anything ... Anyway, the News Team are the guys that get together and do that. They have writers, editors, and artists and the guy in charge of that is Ill Legend. The Newsletter is responsible for putting out one long newsletter each month ...

Q. 2012 is wrapping up as we approach Christmas, what do you have planned for this year's Holidays?

I'm packing up the family in the car and we are going South to see the outlaws... My wife's parents. So, I won't have access to any of the typical games, I won't have access to Ventrilo, I won't have access to Steam. They do have a computer with a modem, so I will be able to visit the website, but that's about it.

Q. I'm not sure if you're the type of guy that goes for New Year's Resolutions, but if you are, do you have any for this year?

Just the standard stuff. I'm 58 years old, you start running out of new ideas after awhile, you start repeating the good ones.

Q. What are you looking forward to most in the year 2013?

I've started playing World of Tanks, and I'm slowly grinding my way up. By the end of 2013, I'm hoping to be up to Tier 9 with some of my tanks. I'd also like to learn how to play Planetside 2 without dying every two minutes.

Q. While we're on the topic of games, what are some of your favorite games?

Well, I really enjoy World of Tanks. I am starting to enjoy Planetside 2. In the past, I have played Day of Defeat and Team Fortress 2 ... Those are the big ones.

Q. What are your opinions on the Dec 21, 2012 paranoia?

In my lifetime the world has ended many times, or been about to. So I don't pay a whole lot of attention, but I'll tell you what I told some friends of mine. The world actually ended in 1971, that's when Susan Howie broke my heart.

Q. What were some of your favorite Christmas presents you received when you were growing up?

Well, when I was about eight I got a really cool sled that I got a lot of good out of. I grew up in Michigan, so snow was a foregone conclusion. We weren't really big into Christmas presents. I remember the family getting one of those slot race-car sets, and a few years later we got a pool table right around Christmas, and that was really cool.

Q. What are some of your non-gaming hobbies?

I am an avid reader, a lot of military and science fiction, fantasy and suspense. Also, I like all different kinds of music. Everything from Avril Lavigne to Gilbert & Sullivan, the whole gambit. Oh, and I like poetry.

Q. On the subject of books and poetry, what are your favorite books, poets or authors?

William Shakespeare, I think his comedies are a hoot. For military science fiction, you can't beat David Drake. I liked all of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books, those were fun. Arthur Conan Doyle, he's good. And I read all of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series as a kid, and I still go back to read them sometimes, they are really fun. I like David Weber too... he does the Harrington books, Honor Harrington. They're a good read. For poetry I recommend, Rudyard Kipling, Banjo Paterson, Robert Service and Dorothy Parker.

We appreciate Quaffer taking the time to do this interview.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hnby7.png


What is maturity anyway?

By konigandy6

Maturity. What is it? Do you eat it? Is it something you can wear on your feet? Can you add it to baking soda to create a model volcano explosion? Is it a tiny particle in the voids of space?


Not at all. In fact, maturity is something that can be found in everyone. Some people choose to suppress it, while others choose to let theirs shine brightly. Maturity is so difficult to actually define, that the dictionaries simply say, “The state of being mature.” It is more than words; it’s a feeling, and a tough one at that. It has nothing to do with age, but rather, a sense of being considerate to everyone around you and keeping your cool under pressure. When you have the ability to take the high road, and not get wound up by one who chooses to ignore their maturity gene, you’re already ahead.


“Why is this guy talking about maturity?” you may be asking yourself. It’s simple. EdgeGamers heavily pushes the ideal of having mature gaming servers. So this is a challenge to each and every one of you, from e’s to O’s. Let’s take them up on that offer! There are thousands of family members in our eGO community, which gives us all the opportunity in the world to be the greatest, most memorable group of gamers out there. Let the immature players assemble in someone else's servers while we strive to keep ours fun and punk free. Some of the games we play are rated “Mature”, usually for language content. This doesn't mean that eGO will act any less mature when admining our servers.
[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
vEGEO.png


By DoomTree

Welcome to the New Year everyone! We have officially made it to 2013 without the world ending, so here is your first Personnel Service Center (PSC) Newsletter article for the year.

Beginning February 1, our very own Storm will be holding a recruitment contest, sponsored by the PSC, that will give you an excellent opportunity to win some Steam games, perhaps the game you have been saving up for. The Recruitment Contest will run until January 31 at 11:59 PM (EST), affording you a full month to participate. The goal, just like the name suggests, is to recruit as many new members as you can by the end of the month. The prizes? There is no shortage of excellent prizes for you to win, including:

The Humble THQ Bundle
Crusader Knights II
Saints Row: The Third
Titan Quest
Warhammer 4000: Dawn of War
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
The Binding of Isaac
L.A. Noir
Just Cause 2

If any of these games interest you, then get out there and start recruiting! In order to be eligible for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prizes you must recruit AT LEAST 25 members. To win 4th, 5th,or 6th choice you must recruit AT LEAST 20 members. And finally, in order to win 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th choice you must recruit AT LEAST 10 members. Members must be recruited by Jan 31 at 11:59PM EST to be eligible for prizes. Get to it ladies and gentlemen.


The PSC would like to extend a warm welcome and congratulations to Lt. Nond on his recent promotion to PSC Advisor. Lt. Nond has been a dedicated member of the PSC for quite some time, and his promotion is well deserved. Congratulations Lt. Nond.


Recruitment Drawings are a monthly event held by the PSC, providing members who recruit at least one new member each month an opportunity to win games for their dedication to recruiting. The drawings are random, and anyone who has recruited one or more people is eligible to win. For the month of December, the recruitment drawing winners are StormChaser, Dark_Frost and Bruce Lee. Congratulations for your dedication and enjoy your new Steam games.


If you or anyone you know would like to join the PSC and become an active member in the application processing system, new member integration, or just simply like to recruit, please contact one of the PSC Leadership members located on the PSC Roster.


And now, the prestigious Recruiter of the Month award goes to Dark_Frost! Congratulations!

Happy New Year everyone and be sure to check out the Event Calendar for upcoming PSC Events.

*Special Thanks to Blindy and CopperAle for the information included in this article.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
zTXys.png


By wewo

Led by KILLERCANKILL, eGO prevailed over the UB clan in a 16 v 16 clan v. clan BF3 match, winning each of the four rounds, concluding the sweep on January 4, 2013. Knowing the fun involved in clan v clan matches it?s a good bet that KILLERCANKILL will continue to seek out new opponents. Unless of course they are all cowering in fear of eGO?s awesomeness.


Mr. SaJoRa received the Battlefield member of the Year award. Division Leader LilShortstuf aptly describes SaJoRa as ?an essential cog in the wheel of the Battlefield Division?, training admins, assisting in every way, and simply being fun to hang with. Please congratulate and emulate Mr. SaJoRa.


Despite being down for nearly the entire day on January 3, 2013 (due to the server provider moving facilities), the BC2 and BF3 servers continue to thrive. Indeed, waiting to get onto the 64-person HC Aftermath server is not unheard of. Kudos to the recruiting drive and congratulations to Dinksta who brought in the most recruits for December 2012, earning several prizes. During the month of December the Battlefield Division awarded approximately $200 worth of prizes to its top recruiters. More recruiting means full servers and prizes, a win-win situation.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
kaS17.png


By wewo

Drizzle! is Call of Duty’s Member of the Year for 2012. Known for his recruiting prowess and ability make it rain, Drizzle! is a mainstay in the COD Division and deserves our appreciation and congratulations.

Despite the competing popularity of Black Ops 2, the COD Division has kept its COD4 servers full by responding to community demands. More specifically, its recent introduction of a Deathrun mod server has been an overwhelming success. With the one-two punch of Drizzle! and the newly modded server, recruiting in the Division is up, servers are full, and members and pubs are having a blast.

Finally, congratulations are due to Devldoll and Dr3am, who have won the COD top gun domination tournament. Good job, and special thanks to Endiment for taking time to provide me with information for this article.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
SPjrs.png


By DoomTree

2012 is now over, and 2013 is here. I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season, so without further ado here is your first Counter Strike (CS) Newsletter of the new year!


As winter arrived this past month, snow fell on the Dust2 Deathmatch server. The landscape of Dust2 went from its usual sandy desert, to a winter wonderland. However, this did not last. It did not take long for the snow that covered the Dust2 Deathmatch server to turn red with blood, as players fought vigorously to collect as many presents as possible. The meaning of this slaughter? This was the Dust2 Deathmatch Holiday Gift Hustle tournament of course, and everyone wanted a piece of the prize. Each week for the four weeks of December players fought it out, trying to collect more presents than their peers, while keeping a sharp eye out for the golden present. The members who emerged victorious, with the most presents at the end of each week won a $50 Steam giftcard, and the people lucky enough to collect the rare golden present were awarded a Steam game that was attached to each present.

The winners of the $50 Steam giftcard for each week are as follows:
Week 1: Slam Fanderbergler
Week 2: RedEyez
Week 3: Kwinky Panda
Week 4: Pats

The lucky recipients of the rare golden present are as follows:
Garry's Mod: Tubs
Portal 2 Bundle (Portal + Portal 2): MHeroFighter
Capsized: Jomigirock
Mount & Blade Collection: Jimmy Kudo

Congratulations to all those who won a prize during the Holiday Gift Hustle, and thank you everyone else who helped make this a successful event and fun for everyone! Be sure and thank the CS Leadership for generously providing us with this exciting event.


December was also a month of numerous Leadership changes in the CS Division:


  • The Judge was promoted to Council for the CS Division.

  • Zimmy and Christy were promoted to Division Leaders .

  • ParvovirusB19 was promoted to Advisor for the Event Coordinators.

Congratulations to these four members, who have contributed greatly to the Division, their promotions are well deserved. If it wasn't for the great Leadership members of eGO, we would not be where we are today. Consider taking the time to congratulate them on their promotions and thank them for all the hard work they have done.

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

CS:S Servers
CS:GO Server
Event Calendar

*Special thanks to Christy for providing the information needed for this article.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A6rZt.png


By SkylineGTR

Even while "Anni", one of the Division Leaders for Day of Defeat, was busy wrapping up gifts for his friends and family he made time for little ol' me and a quick interview. Boy, did this guy get lucky. We cut the deadline for his Newsletter pretty close, but have no fear, as I have the information just in the time for all you eGO members.

Let's look at what the division has to share:

Servers:
  • All five servers are in top 100, despite a Steam update that plagued the servers a bit.
  • If you haven't already, join the DOD servers to find out first hand why thy are so popular.

Realism Campaign 9:
  • Will be starting up on January 14, with our very own wewo leading the Axis powers against the Allies, led by Mavwreck. Registration remains open.
  • For more information, check out your Day of Defeat discussion forums.

Events:
  • Events within the division are still going strong.
  • If you have any suggestions for new and fun events then please contact either Megs a Tagger or Boyle and shoot them your idea(s).

Admin Training:
  • Any eG's and eGO's looking for admin classes please get in touch with an Admin Trainer.
  • Even if you already have your Basic and Advanced admin training completed, it's never a bad idea to get a quick refresher.

Contest/Tournament:
  • Keep an eye out for a contest/tournament coming for you guys in the next couple of months.

MAUL:
  • MAUL policy changes will be coming soon so please make sure to check eG and eGO private for them.
  • It is your responsibility to make sure you are up to date with these important changes.

I would like to thank Day of Defeat Division Leader Annihilator for taking the time to contribute the information above. Of course, lets also thank and congratulate GamingRobot32 for being named the DOD Member of the Year for 2012.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
4UQwd.png


By Quaffer

Do you remember EVE's Retribution module that we told you about in October? Well, it's been out for a while and has been a great success.


The graphic user interface has been updated with a new camera mode that will always keep you and your selected item on screen. In addition, there is a DPS (damage per second) indicator that will show who is currently giving you the greatest pain. This helps in making better decisions on whom shall receive your kindly response.


The new criminal system has changed the way players interact with each other. Will you play as a dirty scoundrel or an enforcer of all that is just (or is that all that is profitable)?


Recently eGO EVE players had the opportunity to explore Deadspace Complexes. These regions of space are difficult to navigate and should only be entered while with a team. Rather than the normal means of inter-system travel, these regions take advantage of ancient acceleration gates. They have mysterious opportunities for profit and new equipment, but it won't come easily. Many of these benefits may be fraught with peril.


More Complex Events are in the works, so check out the EVE division forum here.


"The eGO corporation is still home for those looking for an active alliance that schedules regular operations and offers low taxes for healthy wealth gains." Sicko

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
kHceH.png


By SkylineGTR

Just because the end of the year has come, this doesn't mean Minecraft will end as well. Minecraft had a prosperous 2012 (becoming its own division) and the leadership members and players have shown their support for it.

With that being said here is what you can look forward to for 2013 in Minecraft:

Promotion List:
  • The year-end Promotion list can be found on the Current News section of the forums (front page).
  • All new eG's and eGO's please make sure to read and sign off on any stickies needed to be read and learned.
  • And as always, congratulations to both eG's and eGO's on their promotions. Do eGO proud.

Events:
  • Events will be held every night - all are welcome to come.
  • Have any suggestions for new events, feel free to drop box them for leadership.

Server:
  • The current eGO Minecraft server is running on the newest patch for the game.

Creative Team:
  • The creative team is currently being reformed.
  • Please make sure to stay up to date for those of you in the Creative Team.

Admin Training:
  • Admin training classes are now being scheduled.
  • Also, for those who need refreshers you are more than welcome to join the classes or schedule one that works for you.

Stay up-to-date with divisional news posted periodically in Minecraft Division Discussion. And, of course, congratulate Hexi on his well-deserved Member of Year honors. Hexi's fun-loving nature is contagious. Join him on the Minecraft server and become one of the infected.

I would like to thank Minecraft Advisor DaddyO for taking the time to contribute the information above.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DB2Hc.png


By Quaffer

The clock ticked down to zero and the fifteen tanks on our team were on the move. It was a standard battle so the the fifteen tanks on the other side of the map were just as interested in heading out and taking our base as we were in taking theirs. Of course most of us had no interest in their base. We just wanted to reduce them to fifteen piles of scrap iron and ash. I headed up the right hand side with Iron Maiden to my right and just a little behind. Sprint for cover. Peek out from behind the rock. Sprint for the next building strong enough to stop a shell.


Behind us the artillery was finding a good hide where they could maximize their coverage of the map. They were waiting for the fast, light tanks to get eyeballs on the enemy and relay the word back so they could deliver death from the skies. It takes real fortitude to crew a self-propelled gun. While you've got the biggest gun on the map your armor is just wishful thinking, your reload time is glacial, and you move with all the verve of an arthritic snail. Still it's great fun when you take out a heavy tank with one hit.


We climbed a hill and slid into a couple of bushes about four tank lengths apart just in time to get a perfect setup. Two enemy tank destroyers were lining up side by side. Now everyone is afraid of a TD's gun, but, except for the front, their armor is lousy. If you can get them in the side or rear they blow up really nice. I double tapped the three key to switch over from armor-piercing to high explosive shells and zoomed in to target the corner of the lead TD, next to its buddy. I sent the round down range as soon as it was loaded figuring if I missed the first one I might hit his buddy, and with HE in the pipe, the splash damage could mess with the other guys day.


I don't know what happened. Maybe Iron Maiden didn't get the camo net in place in time, maybe they knocked over a tree and gave themselves away. I just know they were gone and I was on my own for this one. Having fired, the TD's knew where I was from my muzzle flash. Remember how everyone is afraid of a TD's gun? I threw her in reverse and hoped I could get down the slope. My spotter had told me I'd landed a good hit, but two on one was not worth holding position. Better to come back from a new angle. Hopefully with a team mate. I was backing up, but with a clang, I wasn't moving. Some jerk in a heavy had decided to use me as extra armor as he hid behind me. Forward and right, fast fast fast. Bang I'm hit. Oh for the love of Mike I'm on fire! Which key is the fire extinguisher? I never need the fire extinguisher. Six! Hit six!


I've lost them by snaking through the swale. Maybe they decided to concentrate on the heavy. Maybe I managed to disable one of them.


I need to get across the river. The bridge was just around the bend. Yea right. At least one of the bad guy's arty was zeroed on that bridge just waiting for some fool to motor down the middle. If I was a little faster... wait I think I can ford the river here. Both of the banks are shallow. Well here goes. I hope it's not too deep. It's a bloody tank not a submarine...


That my friends is World of Tanks. Stop by Operation: X and check it out. It's free to play.


WarGamers, who created World of Tanks now has a new game called World of WarPlanes being Beta tested. Also, just over the horizon World of WarShips will be entering Alpha Testing. Operation: X has members participating in their forums and the testing of these games as well.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
GG41Q.png


By Power

With the holiday season ending, the New Year is here, which means more resolutions. From an eGO member perspective, it'd be good to set goals such as: Recruit more, participate in more events, be more active on the forums, master that weapon you suck at, or just be more friendly; the goals are nearly endless.


As an extra present during this past holiday season, the Team Fortress 2 leadership has promoted a total of 20 people to the next rank. It is certainly a wonderful gift as new admins take on new responsibilities and enforce rules on the server. As a reminder for those who were promoted, make sure you take your admin classes, and go over the Central Admin 101. For those who are still pursuing the next rank, remember to be an active member by joining Ventrilo, come to the events, fill up the servers, be active on forums, and of course, have fun.


Last month, Wilson!! gave of his spare time and effort by hosting the 3 v. 3 Christmas Tournament, which resulted in a great turnout. Prizes such as Dota 2, Just Cause 2, Closure, Strange weapons, refined metals, and even more were handed out to winners. Please congratulate "G's force", who took the number one spot, and a huge thank you to those who donated as well as participated. Be sure to be on the lookout for upcoming competitive tournaments and events.


Last year was certainly a success as the TF2 division grew expansively. The recruiting numbers increased and the servers are doing well. There is nowhere to go but up for 2013, so make sure you keep on supporting the TF2 division.


Here are the 3 v. 3 Tournament Bracket and Results.


Congratulations to our new admins. Here is the "Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays 2012" promotion list, check to see if you were promoted.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229124"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see the future of eGO and myself. eGO is a place where I feel like I'm at home with friends and people I can really trust and that I know have my back. Everyone on eGO is amazing an I hope that all of you guys think that too!
 
I'm really satisfied with the servers, as well as the people represented in the TF2 Division of eGO. I'm excited to continue 2013 as an TF2 eGO member. See you on the fronts! :D
 
Back
Top