Newsletter February Newsletter

Quaffer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,824
My drive into work this morning took two hours. Two hours to go thirty-one miles. Chalk it up to white out conditions and it being cold enough that road salt would not thaw ice. Still, I remained calm. How? By accepting the fact that I was going to be late, and trying to drive as predictably, politely and safely as I could. When I was younger I would have been upset, worried, and angry. There are some things that are worth being upset at; the deliberate harm of a child comes to mind. Often there is nothing that can be done about the things that annoy us. eGO gives us the opportunity to have some control over the environment where we choose to play. Let’s be happy about that. When we find ourselves in the presence of a troll we should strive to remember: Politeness is contagious. It works on the roads and it works in our games.

Last month the divisions announced their members of the year. This newsletter will focus on those members. They deserve their time in the limelight. Please be sure to show your appreciation when you see them.
Quaffer​

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316317"]
picture.php
[/Link]

Mums the word. Let me tell you why.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316317"]Continued here...[/Link]


[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316319"]
picture.php
[/Link]

SkylineGTR tells us why he does what he does.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316319"]Continued here...[/Link]


[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316320"]
picture.php
[/Link]

Find out what brought Mr.SaJoRa! tp the battlefield.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316320"]Continued here...[/Link]



[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316321"]
picture.php
[/Link]

Want to get to know Drizzle!? Let me tell you where to capture his interest.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316321"]Continued here...[/Link]




[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316324"]
picture.php
[/Link]

XavierB knows how to lock it down in jail.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316324"]Continued here...[/Link]



[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316326"]
picture.php
[/Link]

GamingRobot32 is more than just and idle layabout.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316326"]Continued here...[/Link]



[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316329"]
picture.php
[/Link]

EVE has not declared a Member of the Year. Here are a few celestial insights.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316329"]Continued here...[/Link]



[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316332"]
picture.php
[/Link]

Hexi, we want to know. How many castles does one person need.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316332"]Continued here...[/Link]



[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316333"]
picture.php
[/Link]

Dutchoper72 shares his insights on the preparation of bread.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806#post2316333"]Continued here...[/Link]



[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806&page=2"]
picture.php
[/Link]

Goyan-Tanuki, raccoon dog or mathematician, you decide.
[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806&page=2"]Continued here...[/Link]

This months newsletter was edited by lins, RogueOps and wewo.
This month the graphics were shamelessly plagiarized from the new eGO banner. If you can do better send me a pm.

We here at EdgeGamers Organization would like to thank the kind people at MaxFrag.net for providing us with our #2 ranked, 400 slot Ventrilo server. For everyone interested in finding out more about them, visit their site at this link: http://tinyurl.com/4yqoyq8
 
Last edited:
picture.php


By Quaffer

So, there you are in your favorite fps. You're with your eGO buds and your favorite beverage is on hand for those breaks in the action. Yet you are having no fun at all. Why? Weasel is there and he's hacking; blatant ridiculous hacking. No one can move and aim like that. No one can know which side of the building you're going to come around and get a head shot even when you were crouched over. So you complain and the admin asks you not to accuse people of hacking on our servers. It's not fair and it makes no sense.


This is written for the e's among us and visitors to our forums. Those of us with admin already are in the know, and if we are not, well shame on us. e's, it does make sense. Here is why:


In eGO we actually have a cadre of people who are trained to review demos and decide if people are hacking. They are very good at it. Your average admin cannot always make the call. Since hacking results in a permanent ban we are very, very serious about it. When an admin thinks someone is hacking they will quietly go off and make a demo of the miscreant's behavior. The demo is then sent to the reviewers. We take the long view. We'll get them but we will do it right. Sometimes the player is just good. If someone accuses Weasel of hacking before we get a good demo, usually quite a few minutes worth, Weasel will clean up his act or go play in a different server and there is nothing to stop Weasel from coming back.


If you think someone is hacking, you can send a private message to the admins on the server and report it. That way the admins know and Weasel doesn't. If you do not know how to send admin chat, it varies from game to game, get in Ventrilo and ask an admin how to do it. In most cases it's a simple addition to a chat command. Do not go in Vent and accuse Weasel of hacking. He may be in Vent as well - maybe even with a different name. Remember, Weasel is a weasel. Also, do not expect an instant response. It may even take a few days. We will get the varmint, but we will do it right. If he was hacking you will never see him again.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By Quaffer

The Personnel Service Center’s Member of the year is our own SkylineGTR. I say “our own” because SkylineGTR is also a valued member of the Newsletter Team. I asked SkylineGTR what his favorite part of his role as an application processor for the PSC was. His reply was that it lets him help the community. It keeps him busy and he appreciates the opportunity to help provide the welcoming atmosphere for which eGO is famous.


If you want to find SklineGTR on the servers I suggest you look for him playing Team Fortress 2. He’s currently practicing his air-blasting skills as a pyro. He gets a big kick out of all the cartoon ways TF2 finds to portray a players last moments on earth. Well, at least until they respawn.


SkylineGTR would like you to check out Storm's recruiting contest. He suggests that any eG or eGO member who would like to give back to the community should contact one of PSC’s Advisors and see how you can join up.


SkylineGTR’s closing comments were that he was happy to be the PSC member of the year because it’s good to have your efforts appreciated. He wishes the Member of the Year for 2013 the best of luck. Who knows, it may be you.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By DoomTree

Greetings eGO Battlefield (BF) players. February's newsletter will be different than normal. As many of you know, the Members of the Year for 2012 were published last month. So, for the February BF newsletter, I bring you an exclusive interview with the BF Member of the Year, Mr.SaJoRa! Please enjoy.

Q. When did you first join the BF Division, and what are some of your fondest memories being in the BF Division?

Mr.SaJoRa (A): The time I “explored” the BF Division, if that’s what you want to call it, was about the time when BF3 was open for the beta test. Being a Battlefield fan and having played all the games before it was obvious I was going to play BF3 (I had it pre-ordered too). The game itself was awesome already and I was bored of TF2 (the Division I joined first). Some time between the beta and the actual release date I completely switched to the BF Division and never left. There are a lot of great memories I made during my time here and it is hard to pick the best one. It is always a blast to play with all the guys while being on Vent at the same time. I think one of my best memories was when we had a big tournament going for Bad Company 2. It was my first tournament with the Battlefield games and the team I was in won with good teamwork. We shared some jokes on Vent. It was a fun experience and one of my best memories.

Q. Being awarded Divisional Member of the Year is a high achievement in the eGO structure, what was your first reaction when you found out you were chosen?

A. I heard about it while I was on Vent. Legend made an allchat and said the thread with the members of the year is up. I didn’t check it right away but some other people in my channel did so they were like “congrats sajora”. I didn’t understand at first and when they told me I thought they were just joking around with me. When I checked and saw my name there I was just speechless and happy. It was and still is a great feeling to be awarded Divisional Member of the Year. I am glad I can help out my Division and lately I am very proud of them because our BF3 servers are doing so great. It is what we all worked hard for the past weeks and months.

Q. Why is eGO important to you, and what has inspired you to dedicate so much time to the eGO community?

A. To keep it simple: I just like to get on and have a nice talk and good time on games with friends. When I joined eGO I didn’t want to get involved too much into the community because my old community I was in for a few years fell apart. But once I was in eGO I got to know a lot of people, started talking to them on Vent and very soon this community was another home for me. It is not just a responsibility to keep the servers clean and friendly, it is also a pleasure. It is a good feeling to see how new players enjoy the server and the community and how they want to be involved more and more. There is nothing better (in-game) then getting on, talking to friends, making jokes, laughing while playing the same game. This is why I like to be in eGO and dedicate time to the community.

Q. I see that you are also a member of the TF2, OP:X and MC Divisions as well. Was BF your original eGO Division, or did you start off elsewhere? If so, why did you switch?

A. When I joined eGO I started out in the TF2 Division and [was a part of it] for a pretty long time. I went all the way up from e to eGO in that Division and had an awesome time there and made a lot of good friends. But as time passed by, some people left and the game itself got boring for me. We had a few problems with the Black Mesa server. I have played all Battlefield games so, as you can see, I was waiting and pretty excited about the release of BF3. The boredom phase from TF2 and the release of BF3 were around the same time, so I decided I would switch to the BF Division since I was planning to spend a lot of time on it and as you see I never left and I am proud to be part of it.

Q. What are some of your non-gaming hobbies?

A. My time outside of the gaming time is pretty limited due to work and school. After work I only have a few hours left to do things. In that spare time I have I just like to go out with some friends and see someone other than the people at work. Depending on weather and light I may run around outside with my camera ready to get some cool pictures. Sadly I didn’t have too much time for this lately but I am trying to get back into it. Besides friends and photography, I like to cook (yes I can cook) for family and friends, work out a bit or just read a good book and relax.

Q. If you could have 3 people, living or dead, over for dinner, who would they be?

A. -Steve Jobs Why? I read his biography and have much respect for what he has built. You can like Apple products or not, but no matter how you like them you have to admit he built one of the most famous and valuable companies out there. I would just like to see how he really is (if he was alive) and what he thinks is important in business.
-Obama. I know a lot of people don’t like him too much nor the way he is making politics. Politics aside, I personally would like to talk to him and hear what he would really like to do if he could.
-Angela Merkel. Once again a politician so you can see I am somewhat interested in politics, especially in my own country (Germany). Keeping it simple: I just like the way she handled the things that came up during her term.
There are a lot more I would like to talk to and hear some of their stories but these are the 3 of the top of my head.

Thank you Mr.SaJoRa for the interview, and congratulations once again on your accomplishments.

BC2 Servers
BF3 Servers
Event Calendar

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By Quaffer

I was fortunate to find Drizzle! in Vent, where else but in the Call of Duty rooms. Think back to last month and you may recall that Drizzle! was awarded Call of Duty Member of the Year for 2012. He says, and I quote, “I feel pretty good about it.”


Drizzle! hails from Wall, New Jersey. That’s near the coast, a little South of Long Island; close enough that Sandy did a number on his power when it blew through. If you are looking for him though, I suggest you check out the Capture the Flag events. He’ll be carrying an AK74U with a folding stock and a banana clip, or he may find you while looking through the scope of his M40A1.


He’s been working with Dr3am and BmXImDead on the CoD recruiting drive.
We’d like to encourage you to check out the Call of Duty events and to congratulate Drizzle! again for being Call of Dutie's Member of the Year.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By Jay_Jay

Greetings all. I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday period. Whether you?re back at school or work, you?ll no doubt want to know of the latest gossip related to CS:GO. Late last month it was announced by Division Councilman, ?The Judge? that new forum achievements were in effect. Speaking with a few CS Division members, it was made clear to myself that the most sought after achievements were ?Arsonist and Don?t tase me, bro?. Both involve the taking down of a leadership member of your choice with either a Molotov or taser.

Also in CS:GO related news is the latest update which caused some issues on a gun game server. Some of the updates include a new game mode, weapon price changes, and specific weapon adjustments that effect how some weapons operate. Various minor bugs were also fixed.

Finally, I am privileged to interview CS:S Member of the Year, who I?m proud to say is a fellow Australian. Ladies and gentleman may I present, XavierB of CS Division.

(Jay_Jay)
So, XavierB, you?ve won the gold for Australia as it were. How are you feeling after being awarded Counter Strike's Member of the Year title?


(XavierB)
I honestly feel like all of the work that I've put into EdgeGamers over this past year and a half has been appreciated all at once. It feels great to be in the ranks of 'MOTY' and it makes all of the hard work well worth it.

Tell us how you got started in CS. What?s been your motivation to be so successful in the Division?

I got started in CS through playing hundreds of hours of Jail on our Jail server. Certain things in my time have kept me motivated such as striving for my G and my O, gaining certain awards and wanting to help out the clan and CS leadership. In regards to admin training, I like to see the admins of the CS division be well educated and making a minimal amount of mistakes in our servers, so I strive to have them trained as best they can.

You?re one of two Advanced Admin Trainers for CS Division. How?s that working out for you?

It's going great at the moment. It's quite a busy time around Christmas and January, but we have been managing well.

You?ve been awarded with the Trifecta of recruiting awards. When you, yourself, first joined eGO did you ever think you?d one day have mastered the art of recruiting?

When I first joined eGO the main thing I was focused on was playing Jail, I never thought that I would actually get my G let alone anything else. But as time came to pass I wanted to help out my clan more and more and here we are.

What?s been your most memorable moment in the CS Division?

Probably the most memorable moment was when I was promoted to eGO in the Jail server by iamevilbear. At the time there was nothing else that I wanted as much as my O and it was suddenly awarded to me after my recruiting efforts in a CS:GO recruiting contest.

Well it sounds like you?ve had an interesting tenure with eGO so far. All the best for the future.

Thank you.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By DoomTree

Hello DoDers, your February newsletter includes an interview with the Member of the Year for 2012, GamingRobot32. Enjoy.

Q. You were chosen as the recipient for the Day of Defeat (DoD) Divisional Member of the Year award, how does this accomplishment feel?

(GamingRobot32) A:It makes me happy that DoD leadership felt I deserved the award.

Q. What are some of your best memories from your time in the DoD Division?

A. Its hard to pick specific memories that I would consider my best because every day in DoD was a great time. Be it chatting in Ventrilo, events and realism, or just hanging out the server. Its the people in the division that make the best memories.

Q. When did you first join the DoD Division, and what have been some of your proudest accomplishments, besides Member of the Year?

A. My proudest accomplishments while being in eGO have been the great success of my idling tool within the eGO community, becoming a part of the Tech Division, getting the DL commendation award and gaining Veteran Level 2 status.

Q. I see you are an eGO for several divisions other than DoD. Was DoD your original division, if not, why did you switch?

A. My original division was TF2, then later I switched to DoD division. I switched because I wanted to help with Plugin development for DoD events.

Q. Do you play non-eGO supported games, and what is the significance of the 32 in your name?

A. I mainly just play eGO games. The 32 comes from reading hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. So its 42 - 10 = 32. It has nothing to do with 32bit.

Q. What are some of your non-gaming hobbies?

A. Outside of gaming I do a lot of programming and robotics/embedded systems.

Congratulations GamingRobot32.

DoD:S Server
Event Calendar

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By Quaffer

I regret to report that eGO is reducing EVE status from a full division to a supported game. In spite of many efforts we have not been able to sustain the membership activity that eGO expects of our divisions. The official eGO EVE corporation will continue on as before but the EVE forums have been moved to the General Gaming forum.

As to the game itself, you may be interested to know that:

EVE online will be ten years old this year.

The EVE Online: Retribution 1.1 update is to be deployed on February 19.

EVE online is offering a fourteen day free trial. Go here to check it out.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By: wewo

I hereby nominate Hexi for another award - Most Controversial Interviewee.

Q: Hi Hexi, congratulations on being the 2012 Minecraft Division Member of the Year. Tell the truth, were you surprised or did you expect the award?

A: I didn't even know this award existed until I got it. My real award is seeing people in Minecraft enjoy the PVP arena, shopping mall, ender farm and everything else my friends and I have worked hard to give them.

Q: Why do you think you were chosen?

A: It doesn't matter why I was chosen! You think this is special to me? You think this gives leadership power over me?! No, I'm not some social handicap or 40 year old virgin who wants to unimpress girls by showing off some "clan award" that means "You're such a loser" to women. Saying things like "I'm a DL in blah blah blah" means "I'm a total loser" to all the women I am interested in spending my life with.

Q: um, okay, tell us, when and why you joined eGO and why the Minecraft Division?

A: Actually I started in CS:S with Blindy and Boktai. They both bailed on me, Strat Division accused me of cheating due to my amazing ability to find diamonds. So I flipped my desk, shouted "HoneyBadger don't Cheat!", switched to Strat Division and showed them the awesome that is a CounterStrike: Source player.

Q: I guess that makes sense. I hear you live in a castle, do you have servants? Please tell us a little about your castle.


A: No, I have three castles, there's the Mountain Castle, Nether Stronghold and the castle we live in. The castle we live in is home for a few members of the Sexi Cartel. The basement houses our farms and the other levels of the interior castle are homes for each member of the Cartel. The outside walls house one of our villages and we are currently working on adding other content since we have a lot of room remaining.

Q: Alright, a straight answer. If you could have only one member of eGO as a roommate in your castle who would it be and why?

A: If I could only have one member of eGO as a roommate it would be Sajora. Sajora is a great guy and completely dependable at all times. I think Battlefield should seriously consider promoting him as he is unwavering in his dedication to the values he upholds. I'm glad he is a member of the Sexi Cartel and lives in our castle.

Q: Cool, you're getting the hang of this. Now tell us about you, how old are you, where do you live, do you go to school or work, married?

A. I recently broke up with a girl who turned into a zombie and smashed my router. It was a really hard thing to do. I was with her for over three years of my life, but once she turned zombie I had no choice but to leave and I wont lie.. it cut me deep. As shallow as I try to be.. I'm not, and I really loved her so it shattered my heart to have to leave her.

Like I said earlier.. she smashed my router and I decided to move and when I did get back online I just wanted to be with my bros in Minecraft community and try to heal. However, as soon as I came around, leadership started going off on me. They were like "where you been omg wtf emo emo emo!" and I was like "chill you're acting crazy" and leadership was like "selfish selfish selfish". So I jumped up like "fox all this emo crap!", quit the Event Coordinator team, told leadership I'm done foxing around with them, flipped my desk and decided I was done with this crap. I just had my heart practically ripped out of my chest and the first thing my supposed leadership "friends" do is come at me? Thankfully my real friends understood and saw me as something more than someone to be used up and tossed out.

Q: Thanks for clearing the air. What hobbies do you have? What kind of music do you listen to?

A: LOL, are we even going to bother posting my responses at this point? I seriously doubt it.

Q: You bet I am, unless leadership finds out before its too late. Any final words of wisdom you would like to share?


A: I heard a quote from the movie Lord of War that has always stuck with me. "People say evil prevails when good men fail to act. What they should say is... evil prevails."

Wow Hexi, it was very interesting chatting with you. Thanks and congratulations.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited:
picture.php


By Jay_Jay

Hello my fellow gamers. I trust we all had a wonderful holiday period. Last year, eGO was able to accomplish many goals that benefited the whole community. While we all have played our part, there are a few people from each division to whom we owe special thanks. I would like to now point the spotlight in the direction of OP:X's Member of the Year, Dutchoper72. I caught up with "Dutch" to find out a little bit more about him.

Hi, Dutch. Thanks for finding the time to chat. So how’s it feel to have the prestigious title of OP:X Member of the Year (2012)?

It feels good to get this award and it is an honor to get it.

Tell us what you accomplished in eGO last year.

Well it was kind of a crazy year for me. I left the Day of Defeat division after my favorite map server was removed, and the game just does not feel right anymore. So I decided to move on. I was actually going to leave eGO after this, but several members talked me out of it. After that I was very active in OP:X. I supported all the games they brought in when I was there and I tried to attend every event. However, since OP:X supports so many games it was kinda hard to help out in each one, also some of the games didn't suite my taste. The commentary to the OP:X member of the year award credits me as being the definition of a PC gamer, which is very true because I own close to 500 PC games on Steam alone. I tend not to stick to just one game because I like to explore everything. Be it Dinosaurs in World War II or fighting aliens on another planet, that is what I do most of the time. This also helps me write a lot of articles for the News Team. All the games I write about I have either beaten or played a large portion of them. The biggest thing though was the switch to OP:X from DoD:s.

500 games? Whoa! Any strange titles in your repertoire or really insane games?

The games that I have played sometimes do have some interesting moments, but I would have to say the most insane game I have played would be Psychonauts. I have never played a more out of the world game. Sure I have played Dinos in World War 2 or Dinos in space games. Yeah, I fought Demons in multiple games like the Doom series and countless others. I have a couple of time travel games; in one of them you fight in the Civil War with an assault rifle. A lot of indie games have some interesting concepts, but nothing close to Psychonauts.

Looking over your awards showcase I see some pretty impressive decorations. What’s been your motivation?

Nothing really. I tend to jump around a lot in games and if help was needed I was there. I use to hunt for awards, but not anymore. No matter how many medals or awards I got, I never had a good feeling after receiving them. So I just kinda did my own thing and if I get it, I get it, if I don't, I don't. Not sweating it has actually gotten me more awards. The other thing is, I'm usually in front of my computer 90% of the time, well... doing nothing, to be honest. Most of my friends left for college out of state so I really have nothing to do around outside so I became a Chair potato (The couch is nowhere near my computer). I'm really lazy in real life too, but I do have a job and I am going to college for multimedia so I’m not 100% lazy. My motivations, though, are the friends I made in eGO. I have traveled across a lot of games with them and I always had a good time so I continued to do so.

Like me, you left DoD:S for OP:X. How does it feel to join the 'dark side'?

Well I would never call OP:X the 'dark side', because that one would be DoD:s due to the fact I joined eGO as a Teamfortress 2 member, so I guess OP:X would be the burnt side, if you view it in toast terms, which means you have the light toasted side the darker toasted side then the burnt side. Of course you could go further with the side that has a hole in it and etc. etc. (and yes I was talking about toasted bread). However DoD:S was my second division, so OP:X is my third. Of course during those times I still jumped around all divisional games. As for the 'feeling' I would have to go with curious. I always like seeing what the next day brings. Sometimes it is bad and sometimes it is good, while others are off the wall. Every day holds something interesting.

Throughout your tenure in eGO I see many articles bear your name. Do you consider yourself an avid columnist or just a devoted writer?

I would have to say neither. I look at it more as being a free-lancer. eGO was not the first time I had to write articles. I wrote book reviews for the local library, resulting in my getting prizes and the article published in the newspaper. I have also been on the front pages of my local newspaper, but not for a while now. Some people have the talent to write and others have either art or video making. An interesting fact is that every game review article I write is for a game I have either beaten or completed over 75% of the game. I rarely write about pre-orders, unless it’s something I have done research on and I am very highly interested in.

Thanks for your time Dutch. Best of luck to you this year. You’re already off to a great start.

Thank you. It was fun to answer your questions.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php


By wewo

Goyan-Tanuki, the TF2 Division Member of the Year for 2012 was patient enough to discuss his award with me and shed some light on who he is. He is humble, and a man of few words, but I managed pry some extra ones out of him.

Q: Hi Goyan-Tanuki, is it ok if I call you Goyan?

A: Yes, it is perfectly fine to call me Goyan!


Q: How did you come up with the name Goyan-Tanuki?

My first name Goyan was given to be in middle school when I first met my group of friends; we are all into anime and had Japanese nicknames. My name is an edit from the name of Gohan just with the h dropped and the y added. As for Tanuki I added it later to my name because Raccoon dog's are cool.


Q: Raccoon dogs aside, your name sounds familiar, I've seen you in DOD:S servers, haven't I?

A: Indeed, I do frequent Anzio when the time is right. I love the atmosphere of that map.


Q: Can we continue to expect your presence on DOD servers occasionally?

A: Of course, it's always a favorite pastime of mine.

Q: Well, back to why we just had to grab you for an interview, you must have had some year in the TF2 Division, being named member of year, followed almost immediately with a promotion to Advisor. How does it feel?

A: Man it felt like something out of a dream when I first entered eGO I would of never imagined achieving Member of the Year and Advisor.

Q: Your Division obviously has high expectations for you, what do you plan on doing in 2013 to make them proud?

A: I plan on keeping my divisional servers populated and more fun than they have ever been.


Q: Which TF2 servers do you play on most often?


A: Dang that's a tough question, I would say our CP Rotation server is the one i enjoy the most.

Q: What is you favorite class? Which event is you favorite and why?


A: My favorite class is the Demo-man. As for my favorite event, I enjoy the TFC night's where we play old TFC maps in TF2. I enjoy it because TFC maps were always the most interesting to me.

Q: Can you post a link of your finest hat? BTW, why is everyone in TF2 obsessed with hats?

A: Here is the link. Why everyone is obsessed with hats will, I believe, remain one of the few mysteries of the universe.

Q: What are you going to do in 2013 as an encore to 2012, you have a reputation to uphold now o.O

A: I plan to keep coming up with more creative ways to keep our servers populated and make it even more fun as well.


Q: Please describe the most fun you have ever had in eGO.

A: I think the most fun I've had in eGO was when I got each of our servers filled in a span of five minutes. Yes, I said each server.

Q: What do you do for fun outside of eGO?

A: I hang out with friends, Go to Anime cons, and just overall enjoy life.

Q: Tell us something about you that very few people know.


A: My middle name is Archimedes named after the Mathematician.

Q: Cool name, it sounds like a Greek god to me. Anything else you would like to add?

A: Hat Division Forever!

Oy vey with the hats. Thanks for taking time to meet with me, and congratulations.

[Link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232806"]Return to Front Page[/Link]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the structure of this article.
When you're inactive you can keep up to date due to your guys work.

But one thing you could improve is talking about new members.
You could do interviews with 1-2 members and ask them why they joined the clan and how they like it right now ? What do they think is bad/good? This doesn't only help us understand what people on our servers like, it also helps us improve if they think something just isn't right.

Other then that, appreciate the content keep up the good work guys!
You definetly won 1 reader more :)
 
But one thing you could improve is talking about new members.
You could do interviews with 1-2 members and ask them why they joined the clan and how they like it right now ? What do they think is bad/good? This doesn't only help us understand what people on our servers like, it also helps us improve if they think something just isn't right.

Hey DunkinDonutss,

This is an interesting idea. I suggest you dropbox this so that leadership will see it better. It could get lost and not seen here.

dropbox: http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=852
 

Latest posts

Back
Top