If ever DoD gets a huge update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikado

Rookie
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
81
What are new things would you like to have? Do you want to have more official maps along with new armies that fits the map? (For example: Soviet Union vs Germany on Stalingrad.) How about more weapon variety per class? It may not be an upgrade, but a sidegrade to prevent weapon imbalances. One of the things I'd like to see are new weapons, like the Sten SMG or the Grease Gun for the Assault class.

Are there things in game that you want to change? What would your reaction be if Valve decides to have a new version of DoD? Just like what they did to the Counter Strike series by releasing CS:GO.

I am curious to know what you guys think.
 
well this has been brought up before I would be awesome but I really don't ever see it happing but hey its always good to hope right ;)
 
I would love to see flamethrowers but I think that Day of Defeat is the hated stepson of steam and they just don't want to update the game nor make any new versions of it.
 
DoD:s won't be going anywhere nor will it ever get updating with add-ons. A new DoD would have to be made to be honest just because DoD:S is very broken, and it keeps on breaking due to updates to the source engine.
 
Such a shame i think, dods has so much more that can be added (guns, vehicles, game modes), but it seems the developers are either retired or working on other games.

I miss couple of the guns from 1.3 :(

If I remember correctly, there was a game mode in 1.3 where you capture a flag and then you had to bring it back to spawn. When you get killed it will stay where you died for others to pick up. I loved this a lot and will make a map for this!
 
I would love to see flamethrowers but I think that Day of Defeat is the hated stepson of steam and they just don't want to update the game nor make any new versions of it.

There is a plugin that allows that if you guys are interested on using it for an event.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=701086

Always wanted to try this for a different hl2 mod that I used to help run, but never got to. It should still work though!
 
Honestly, I think it would be awesome if DoD:S got an update similar to CS:S did with CS:GO. Bring some of the weapons from DoD back, touch up on the paint work, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
 
New graphics and new countries... Pretty much most of the different countries that actively participated in the war along. With their known weapons and more maps, Along with a single player storyline...

We should do a partition and get alot of signatures. On how many that wants this update and send them 2 steam. I really don't think that people know how many thats still playing the game and enjoying it
 
A shotgun class. It can hit multiple targets in only close quarters with high damage and gets entirely useless over range. Think of it as a k98 class for close combat only.
 
If I remember correctly, there was a game mode in 1.3 where you capture a flag and then you had to bring it back to spawn. When you get killed it will stay where you died for others to pick up. I loved this a lot and will make a map for this!
Its called CTF, or more so old school CTF. Played a lot of unreal tournament. DoD:s CTF is more of sector control.

Oh and Dino D-Day has a shotgun class, and flamethrower class. Did i mentions its DoD:s but with Dinosaurs which are playable?
 
All I want for DoD:S are all the weapon classes from the original DoD. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top