How to know if you're doing a good job as a Sniper?

headshots are overrated.

Go for the kill. Sometimes that means the head, sometimes that means a much easier and more reliable body shot.

There's a reason that pro leagues consider the Croc-o-Style kit too powerful to unban.
 
headshots are overrated.

Go for the kill. Sometimes that means the head, sometimes that means a much easier and more reliable body shot.

There's a reason that pro leagues consider the Croc-o-Style kit too powerful to unban.

Croc-o-style will forever be banned in leagues. Preventing yourself from dying from a headshot is massively retarded. That one pick can make the different between the game, just as a rescue ranger can make the difference between saving a sentry or not, and a vita-saw with a slight uber advantage upon spawn, that extra 4% can get you the uber quicker and win the fight.

But onto sniper, don't let people bash on you for not getting headshots. Hell, even the plat snipers and off-class ESEA players don't always get headshots; if you have a shot on a lit player and can get them without the headshot, TAKE IT. That pick could be the one pick your team needs for a push.

Stick with the stock sniper, always. Nothing is better than the stock sniper. Jarate+Bushwacka combo is viable, but not always. If you're alone somewhere and worry about getting bombed by a demo or solly, or perhaps that pesky scout won't back off, roll the SMG to deal damage and make them back off or just noscope with the sniper. Never sit behind a wall, charge, and walk out. This is one thing I remember as a definite thing NOT to do when I used to snipe. You're like a big fat chicken flapping it's wings saying "SHOOT ME!" when you walk out slowly.
 
I don't know about anyone else, but I find stock sniper good for any range (especially close). I absolutely hate the huntsman.
^ this.

Though, I can't seem to land any hit at extra long range.
 
The main concern with the bodyshots is that the time you spend scoped leaves you very vulnerable. Tunnel vision in general is incredibly dangerous, the scoping magnifies that issue. Unless you can account for all enemy players being either dead or in front of you, I'd always assume a scout or spy is ready to jump you from behind.
 
But onto sniper, don't let people bash on you for not getting headshots

Well, don't let people do that unless you use a weapon made for headshots
My friend uses a Bazaar Bargain on an all kritz server to constantly get body shot kills ( unscoped/uncharged rifle krit damage is 150 )
That is just plain fail
 
I was a good sniper till the spys came at me. Hard to sniper when you are always fighting off spys. So I became a spy and learned their ways and found their greatest enemy. Not the natural enemy the pyro but the demi god the engineer and his demon spawn the mini. Which can't only be stopped instantly by a sniper from a safe distance.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top