Best soldier loadout?

Baconsentryoftheday

I made one post
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
7
I often ponder this question, what is the best soldier loadout out there?
Well, we should take a look at the maps FIRST. If your on a big, flat, sort of map, the Black box, mantreads, and disciplinary action AREN'T going to help you out. On a small, area with heights on it, this will help out. Lets say you have a Direct hit, Righteous Bison, and Escape Plan in your loadout. Well, this would help. But the REAL question is, what is the best overall loadout? I mean like, one that can be used on big and flat, small and bumpy maps? Give me your answer and analysis (Of why you think its the best, analyze why its the best). I like the Stock rocket launcher, gunboats, and escape plan. The stock rocket launcher lets you put some harassing fire at a distance, and is good at close quarters. The Gunboats lets you rocket jump to high places, and to close the distance. The Escape plan, well, lets you escape to health, friendlies, etc.
 
Strange rocket jumper + Strange gun boots + unusal Ghastlierest Gibus

I kid I kid

Default rocket launcher + gunboots + Market Gardner
 
For Lolz : Rocket Jumper + Man treads + Market Gardener
For Serious D: : Normal Rocket Launcher + Shotgun or Righteous Bison + Escape Plan
Honestly this is the best and most generic way you can go this setup ALWAYS works no matter what the map is and is the only load out I use other than the troll Soldier.
 
Last edited:
6's

The Original
The Shotgun
Whatever

Highlander


The Original
The Buff Banner
The Disciplinary Action
 
6's

The Original
The Shotgun
Whatever

Highlander


The Original
The Buff Banner
The Disciplinary Action

The original is the same as the stock launcher but I get why they would like it as the stock launcher takes a lot of room on there screen, BUT you can hide weapons by doing something in game right?
 
The original is the same as the stock launcher but I get why they would like it as the stock launcher takes a lot of room on there screen, BUT you can hide weapons by doing something in game right?

Yes you can, in fact I do when I play in non-pubs. But the real difference is that the Original shoot from the middle of the screen, where the stock shoots from the left. It's just easier to aim for most people.
 
Yes you can, in fact I do when I play in non-pubs. But the real difference is that the Original shoot from the middle of the screen, where the stock shoots from the left. It's just easier to aim for most people.

Is it? I never use the original but I might try it out sometime.
 
Not saying these are the best setups, but here are the ones I use:

Roaming: Stock RL + Gunboats + Escape Plan

Great mobility, 3 rockets left to take out a target after rocket jumping above them


Pocket: Stock RL + Shotgun (Reserve Shooter in pubs) / Buff Banner + Disciplinary Action

Whip the medic and teammates to move up faster, use shotgun / buff banner when necessary
 
Last edited:
Roaming
The Original
Gunboats
The Escape Plan

Pocket
The Original
Shotgun
The Disciplinary Action
 
Trolling:
Direct Hit/Rocket Jumper
Funboats/Mandreads
Escape Plan/Market Gardener

Serious:
RL
Shotgun
Escape
 
Since I've found few times where I've had to finish people off with great danger to myself, I decided to be credit to team and go Stock/Banner/Escape Plan
 
Black box. All day, erry day. Add gunboats and escape plan to taste. Season with rocketjumping and let simmer for 400 hours. Delicious.
 
I use a lot of Stock RL + Gunboats + Market Gardener even when im playing in the Intermediate matches for 6v6
 
I use original/stock and bison/shotgun interchangeably depending on how I feel and almost always use escape plan
 
Stock/BlackBox + Gunboats + Escape Plan is my favorite.

Stock + Shotty + Disciplinary action is good for pocketing, though.
 
Personally, if you want to adapt to a certain TYPE of map or setting, a tunnel or small of area, The direct hit, Righteous Bison, and equalizer.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top