NEWS: Cross Platform Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendle

Fire Bringer
Board Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
1,860
If you didn't read the front page news, Team Fortress 2 servers will be cross platformed.

What are your thoughts on this? I think its going to be huge!

And who is going to own the playing field? XBOX or PC, obviously I know the PC but who knows with the XBOX kings out there.
 
Its going to be flippin huge!! thats all i can say. . . theres like 400 servers already. .. insane
 
They already do this with other games, such as Final Fantasy XI where they cross platformed between a xbox360, playstation 2 and pc. PC users have more of a advantage with releases of 3rd party software that enhance the game play.

Even still, with no enhancements, I'm already use to playing FPS games on the PC. Unless they have a mouse and keyboard, they should prepare to "Cry some more."
 
so with this cross platform thing. people on xbox can play againt people on a PC? theres kind of an advantage using a PC cause its so much easier to aim with a mouse than with a joystick.
 
Controllers do have their users though. While I am helpless if I dont have a mouse to aim, there are alot of Halo players who have mastered it, not to mention the other fps games

Besides, the more the bloodier
 
yea , i have played fps with controls and i tell ya its not easy after being used to the keyboard = )

but its goint o be a great experience playing with people on 360's
 
PC owns Xbox users in test after test.

asdw for the win!
 
I like using either of them. I was used to controllers first and never really got into pc gaming till I got battlefield 2. But I do think pc has an advantage with more buttons.
 
The only downside to this that I see is that we will get all of the noisy Halo kids screaming at us every time they die.
 
I am horrible with a controller but my boy rocks with it. So its just what you get used to. I had a clanmate in TFC that used a trackball and was spectacular with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top