TF2 for xbox360? I believe today's STEAM news confirms it IS going to happen, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramatheson

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
650
TF2 for xbox360? I believe today's STEAM news confirms it IS going to happen, no?

If you read the latest STEAM news, it says the Orange Box releases for PC AND the 360 on the 10th.
 
Err... it's never been in doubt that the Orange Box was coming out on 360 and PS3. It's the cross-platform play that was tossed around just after the announcement of the package and ended up being scrapped months ago.
 
TF2 was planned to release on PC, Xbox360 and PS3 and [link=http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=news&id=691]it was announced[/link] over a year ago. They gave up on cross-platform support over 4 months ago.

Here's a quote from an old [link=http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=386]Shack News article[/link] about cross-platform.
Shack News said:
"Xbox 360 development is being handled by Valve, and PlayStation 3 development by EA UK. In Valve's offices, team members regularly play cross-platform multiplayer games, but the studio's Doug Lombardi noted emphatically that such functionality will not appear in the final versions. He explained that it introduces more problems than it is worth, and if Valve ever decides to go that route it would be in a game designed for it from the start."
 
Yeah SkarE0, but I heard that TF2 wasn't going to be cross platform. I was confused...it still is coming to 360, it just won't be cross platform. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top