Hello to all, I am Spindoc

spindoc

I made one post
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
25
I just joined E a few days ago and have to say that I know I made the right choice coming here. I had been playing on the TF2 servers and made the call because of the people from E that were already on the servers.

I have been playing TF2 since it was released and previously competed on some of the pro ladders with a team. While I may no longer be competing, I still thoroughly enjoy playing the game still.

I am an IT Systems Admin in the Dallas area and build systems for fun on the side. I look forward to playing with you all and playing some TF2!

Spin
 
Welcome spindoc! Glad you decided to join us. I too play competitively like you used to, and build my own computer. Also, Texas is dabes state ever. :D
 
Since release...? Jeez, that's a long time. o-o Anyway, welcome!
 
Welcome to eGO!

I've been playing since release as well, and these eGO guys are alright :)
 
Oh?

I was not aware of that.

This genuinely made me ROFL in regards to the cost of my computer.

I must admit, that 7TB of HDD space is full now and I am currently reworking how I handle my file server at home. I'll most likely make a dedi file server and shrink the footprint of my main rig down. It SUCKS carrying a 85+ pound rig around if you need to move it. :)
 
This genuinely made me ROFL in regards to the cost of my computer.
You'll have to forgive Honourbound's zeal. He is only trying to do what's right. With such a large organization as eGO, it is not uncommon for a player to join one division and later change to a different division. Also, as life happens, members activity will wane. Occasionally a few of these people will either change back to this division, or will renew their commitment to gaming and return to eGO. In such times of joy, it is a long-standing TF2 tradition to welcome these prodigals back with wide arms and open hearts. We do this by creating a "Welcome back X" thread wherein the cost of the returnee's laptop is disclosed and then heatedly debated. Details of the rig should never be given, as part of the celebration is in members attempting to validate the stated cost by speculating upon the price of it's possible components. In your case, admitting to 7TB of storage would render such banter moot. It's far more enjoyable to have a member suggest that part of the returnee's exorbitant price point could be due to an insane amount of HDD space. This allows other members to brand the first a pernicious noob and offer forth competing hypothesis such as multiple monitors, high-end TV tuner cards, and BOSE headphones. The tradition demands it.

Again, welcome to the only division with hats.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top