1st Beginner Comp Workshop Class: Intro to Competitive

hEY

Famous
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
527
Hey gaiz.

It's me again. I'm making a new thread to make it extra confusing and hard to keep track of what exactly is happening! YAY!!

This Saturday at 7PM PST / 9PM CST / 10PM EST we'll have our first planned event together to prove the doubters that we can actually plan things! Maybe!! Slither will be hosting a workshop to introduce the Competitive Format of 6v6, or 6s! He'll go over how the format works, how it differs from normal TF2, and give a general overview of what each class is expected to do in game. Come join us and learn things together!

Also, please thank Deathmane for his extremely generous decision to let us use a server for TF2 and other such cool things! (He's got ridiculous amounts of Ram, so.. if you want other games installed.. ya know)

IP: 137.135.68.129:27015 (Things aren't totally configured yet, Deathmane is again doing all the work haha, but the server is up and that should be enough for tomorrow!)


If you haven't joined the steam group, please do! It's not entirely useful, because I'm totally not on top of it, but I'm sure it'll get better as time goes on!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cbTF2Comp

</Excitement>!
 
Last edited:
Awesome to see this is going so great! I may be there as well.
 
Kool & glad to see this is progressing.

How ever I won't be there for this one, teamfortress.tv newbie mixes (6v6) are Saturday's starting @ 8 pm CST & since this is a "introduce the Competitive Format of 6v6" I'm already covered.

But I'll make others I assure you

Thanks to Slither & Deathmane :thumbup:
 
If you guys need help, let me know! i should be on.
 
I'm sorry, but I cannot attend, because my computer's hard drive got attacked by a virus and I need a full reset...

Good thing I have steam installed on an external hard drive
 
I'm sorry, but I cannot attend, because my computer's hard drive got attacked by a virus and I need a full reset...

Good thing I have steam installed on an external hard drive

ouch, good luck with that. Don't worry, we'll be having repeat classes as well.

In fact, we're tentatively scheduling the Intro to Highlander on Wednesday, so get your comp fixed before then :p
 
I'm a lazy lazy child and I don't really feel like staying up till 10 to learn the basics. I've got a fairly good grasp on things and I have to get up early tomorrow so I must politely decline on coming. I'll see if I can make it to any of the other meets in the future
 
Hey, I can't make the meeting, but I know a lot of the basics. I'll try and make the Wednesday training, but I have church. No promises, but I'll try. Sorry guys.
 
Our first night of Casual Beginner TF2 Competitive was a HUGE SUCCESS!!

Big thanks to Slither and Puke-N-Snot for teaching the basic class rolls of 6v6, showing rollouts, and coaching during our own scrims!

Make sure to join us for our next event! Details will be posted on the forums shortly!
 
Sorry to those who needed a recording, my comp blue screened in the middle, so my recording has errors. Really sorry! But, we'll be planning on a repeat / followup class next week, so be sure to come on by!
 
Back
Top