Half Life 2: Episode 2 Reactions, Thoughts, & How Much you've completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.... Episode 2 was pretty much win. The Strider battle at the end was hectic as heck. Strider+Hunters+throwing mines=Epic win&lulz.

I got a bad feeling at the beginning though. It was the first HL2 game I had played, and all I had seen from my brother's playing it was epic out door battles shooting down gunships and chucking roller mines all over the place.... And then 10 minutes in, I'm crawling underground in a nightmare version of Shelob's Lair dodging an unkill-able antlion Guardian and poison goo being launched at me, while crawling through tiny gross passages, squeegeling antlion larva between my toes to get health. I was glad when we got back outside in the sun. It was still fun, though that kind of enviroment creeps me out. Good "puzzles" too.

I'm kinda wondering what the heck those monster flying grub-looking things are. Is that gonna be the "boss" characters in EP 3? They dont look particularly useful in an offensive situation.
 
The "advisors" I think is what those are. I don't think they're meant to be offensive, I think they're more what the combine uses as...well, it's advisors. The brains behind the forces, the organizers, the ones who --- while not wonderful on offense, are still dangerous because of their "mental" powers. You saw how ruthless they were with whatever that pulse force thing they had was, pinning you against the wall, helpless while they stabbed people in the back of the head.

I think they'll probably be the ones that you don't want to run into alone, pray that Dog is ready to pounce on their back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top