A spy script I've been working on

strabes

Active Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
269
Hey guys,

Many of you know I wrote and use a disguise script that rotates between sniper, engie, spy, scout, and pyro. I've had it for a long time and it works quite well. One issue I've always had though is switching weapons while disguised to make my disguise more convincing (e.g. spies almost never run with gun out but that is the default weapon when you disguise as spy).

So, today I updated my script. Each time the random disguise button is pressed, it disguises me as one of the above classes. Mouse3 is bound to lastdisguise. That way I can switch to whatever weapon I want, hit mouse3, and it automatically changes my disguise to that class's weapon for that slot without me having to worry about which class I'm disguised as.

Here is the script (UPDATED 5-25-13 5pm)

bind "f" disguise_random
bind mouse3 lastdisguise
alias disguise_random "disguise2"
alias disguise2 "disguisesniper; alias disguise_random disguise7"
alias disguise7 "disguisepyro; alias disguise_random disguise9"
alias disguise9 "disguiseengie; alias disguise_random disguise8"
alias disguise8 "disguisespy; alias disguise_random disguise1"
alias disguise1 "disguisescout; alias disguise_random disguise2"

alias disguisesniper "disguise 2 -1"
alias disguisepyro "disguise 7 -1"
alias disguiseengie "disguise 9 -1"
alias disguisespy "disguise 8 -1"
alias disguisescout "disguise 1 -1"
 
Last edited:
You can set key to re-disguise as your previous disguise (Options -> Keyboard), and pressing that while already disguised will switch your disguise to the weapon slot you have out at that moment (Example: you're disguised as an engineer with a shotgun, switching to your knife and hitting re-disguise will pull out a wrench). That way you can switch weapons as you please without interfering with your random disguise bind.

Of course, this will only help if I understood what you're trying to do, haha
 
That is just fantastic strabes! I knew you were good at spy but I didn't know this good!
 
You can set key to re-disguise as your previous disguise (Options -> Keyboard), and pressing that while already disguised will switch your disguise to the weapon slot you have out at that moment (Example: you're disguised as an engineer with a shotgun, switching to your knife and hitting re-disguise will pull out a wrench). That way you can switch weapons as you please without interfering with your random disguise bind.

Of course, this will only help if I understood what you're trying to do, haha

lol how did I not think of this? I'll just bind mouse3 to lastdisguise, then it will always work. thanks wron. Updated in OP
 
Last edited:
51798f9243.png
 
Am I the only one who's gotten used to switching to another wep then pressing 'b'?

>.>

Default ftw.
 
Guess this is a good time to dump the disguise script I use.

alias e_scout "disguise 1 -1; play vo\scout_yes01"
alias e_sniper "disguise 2 -1; play vo\sniper_yes03"
alias e_soldier "disguise 3 -1; play vo\soldier_yes04"
alias e_demoman "disguise 4 -1; play vo\demoman_yes01"
alias e_medic "disguise 5 -1; play vo\medic_yes03"
alias e_heavy "disguise 6 -1; play vo\heavy_yes03"
alias e_pyro "disguise 7 -1; play vo\pyro_moveup01"
alias e_spy "disguise 8 -1; play vo\spy_yes02"
alias e_engineer "disguise 9 -1; play vo\engineer_yes03"

alias f_scout "disguise 1 -2; play vo\scout_no02"
alias f_sniper "disguise 2 -2; play vo\sniper_no01"
alias f_soldier "disguise 3 -2; play vo\soldier_no02"
alias f_demoman "disguise 4 -2; play vo\demoman_no03"
alias f_medic "disguise 5 -2; play vo\medic_no01"
alias f_heavy "disguise 6 -2; play vo\heavy_no03"
alias f_pyro "disguise 7 -2; play vo\pyro_no01"
alias f_spy "disguise 8 -2; play vo\spy_no03"
alias f_engineer "disguise 9 -2; play vo\engineer_no01"

bind f1 "e_scout"
bind f2 "e_soldier"
bind f3 "e_pyro"
bind f4 "e_demoman"
bind f5 "e_heavy"
bind f6 "e_engineer"
bind f7 "e_medic"
bind f8 "e_sniper"
bind f9 "e_spy"
bind f10 "disguise 8 -2"

alias f_disg "bind f1 f_scout; bind f2 f_soldier; bind f3 f_pyro; bind f4 f_demoman; bind f5 f_heavy; bind f6 f_engineer; bind f7 f_medic; bind f8 f_sniper; bind f9 f_spy"
alias e_disg "bind f1 e_scout; bind f2 e_soldier; bind f3 e_pyro; bind f4 e_demoman; bind f5 e_heavy; bind f6 e_engineer; bind f7 e_medic; bind f8 e_sniper; bind f9 e_spy"

bind f11 e_disg
bind f12 f_disg


The F1-F9 keys are used for disguising

F1 Scout
F2 Solider
F3 Pyro
F4 Demoman
F5 Heavy
F6 Engineer
F7 Medic
F8 Sniper
F9 Spy

The F10, F11, and F12 keys are used for other stuff
F10 Remove disguise
F11 makes the F1-F9 keys disguise you as enemy team
F12 makes the F1-F9 keys disguise you as friendly team

Also when you disguise it plays a sound of the class you're disguising as (only you can hear it though) when disguising as an enemy the class says "Yes!" when disguising as a friendly the class says "No!"
 
Am I the only one who's gotten used to switching to another wep then pressing 'b'?

>.>

Default ftw.

Yeah that's what I do :P. I always press B then B again, cuz a sniper never runs with its weapon :P. Always try to be the "demoknight" or pyro axin' ppl. But I suck, I'm too obvious for general public.
 
Yeah that's what I do :P. I always press B then B again, cuz a sniper never runs with its weapon :P. Always try to be the "demoknight" or pyro axin' ppl. But I suck, I'm too obvious for general public.

I hardly switch weapons... I'm just used to *fake death -> uncloak behind enemy -> stab* then rinse and repeat

And if I'm not using the YER, I either forget to disguise until it's too late or disguise as soldier
 
Eh, I don't even worry about scripts, I have one of these, and I just have each of the keys bound to a disguise. It works rather well.
naga02.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top