New Computer, Ready to Rock!

1. I bought the Ivy Bridge stuff a week before Haswell came out.
2. The CPU/Mobo bundle was $40 cheaper than the Haswell/Z87 combo. I used the $40 to get a better GPU.
3. 4.7-4.8 GHz is pretty attainable. Most people can get to 4.5 no problem with an aftermarket air cooler. It just takes good cooling and a little luck from the silicon gods to get it a bit higher.
4. Intel seems to be more focused on the tablet/ultrabook market with this release, working much more with integrated graphics and definitely power consumption. I vastly oversimplified things when I said there is no noticeable difference in the desktop arena, but the reality is that most enthusiasts are disappointed in the cpu performance increase. I knew that Ivy had great reviews so went with that instead.

Yes, Haswell is better, no doubt about it. I just wouldn't see enough improvement in gaming and surfing the web to justify it. It cost enough already! :laugh:
 
If I remember correctly, the sabertooth has a pretty good onboard sound option already. Why the soundboard?
 
If I remember correctly, the sabertooth has a pretty good onboard sound option already. Why the soundboard?

I read some reviews and comparisons and the general consensus was that the card was still better, although not by leaps and bounds. I got it on sale for $40, so I figured it was worth it.
 
1. I bought the Ivy Bridge stuff a week before Haswell came out.
2. The CPU/Mobo bundle was $40 cheaper than the Haswell/Z87 combo. I used the $40 to get a better GPU.
3. 4.7-4.8 GHz is pretty attainable. Most people can get to 4.5 no problem with an aftermarket air cooler. It just takes good cooling and a little luck from the silicon gods to get it a bit higher.
4. Intel seems to be more focused on the tablet/ultrabook market with this release, working much more with integrated graphics and definitely power consumption. I vastly oversimplified things when I said there is no noticeable difference in the desktop arena, but the reality is that most enthusiasts are disappointed in the cpu performance increase. I knew that Ivy had great reviews so went with that instead.

Yes, Haswell is better, no doubt about it. I just wouldn't see enough improvement in gaming and surfing the web to justify it. It cost enough already! :laugh:

Nonetheless, it is still a great build and the 7950 is a great GPU (I have the Sapphire Dual-X edition). See ya in the battlefield, hope you'll be using at its full potential by playing the latest games and enjoy the four free games provided by Never Settle Reloaded.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top