Casual Beginner Comp Official (for now) Thread

danimals

Poster
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
135
Hello dabes division!


Just wanted to give you a sort of update thread or almost reminder to tell you that our Casual Beginner Competitive group idea is still around, and that we're still trying to get it off of the ground, as we've only had a few workshops, scrims, etc.

Now, normally, it would be hEY filling you in on CB news, but as you may or may not know, hEY is going to be away from TF2 for quite a while (:crying:), so I'm filling in for him on this.

Now, for those of you who are new and don't know what it is, keep reading and you'll see in a moment. If you do, scroll down to the bottom.


What we aim to do is 3 things.

1. Provide "workshops" to eGO that are being taught and lead by coaches who have experience in the competitive scene, and can teach very basic things when it comes to how to play 6's and Highlander. So far we've had a few of these workshops, and they've gone very well thanks to coaches like Slither and Puke-N-Snot.


2. In-eGO "scrims" that allow for members of the group to form teams and go up against each other to make use of the skills they've learned through the workshops. This could either work 1 or 2 ways, and what you suggest may change the way this goes. We could a) do scrims directly after workshops depending on who shows up or b) hold scrims on a separate day.


3. CB vs. Lobbies, where we form a lobby open to the public and take what we've learned through the workshops, etc. This would be like scrims, except instead of an eGO vs eGO type play, it would be eGO vs the public.



OK
We will take in any new eGO members who want to join at all times and will always be open to anyone who would like to participate, whether they're "regulars" to our events or not. Contact hEY or I and join our steam group, which I will put a link to shortly, if you are interested in "joining" or coaching for CB. For now, we will keep up to date on this thread if you need anything.

Hope to see you with us!
 
If this grows into a thing I smell a Member of the Year award.

I'm really glad someone can do this, even if I can't be involved.
 
Good stuff. I'll be showing up to some of the future events.
 
Looking forward to this taking off with some consistency, it fills a gap in eGO ( in my opinion )
 
coolbeans2188 said:
Can I join in as sniper?


Although this isn't really a team and more of a learning group, I'll definitely try to reserve sniper spots for you if you ever come out to when we have scrims, etc. Hope to see you out with us during events!!

UPDATE:

If you haven't already, join our steam group, where we will keep up to date with scheduling, meetings, etc.

I'm currently trying to schedule a vent meeting to see who can come out and when most people are availible so they can come to as many events as possible, so be on the lookout on this thread and the group page.
 
Although this isn't really a team and more of a learning group, I'll definitely try to reserve sniper spots for you if you ever come out to when we have scrims, etc. Hope to see you out with us during events!!

UPDATE:

If you haven't already, join our steam group, where we will keep up to date with scheduling, meetings, etc.

I'm currently trying to schedule a vent meeting to see who can come out and when most people are availible so they can come to as many events as possible, so be on the lookout on this thread and the group page.

Thank you
 
Hey Trauma, not sure if I can transfer steam group ownership to you, but you now have all powers as an officer haha, so abuse away! Great job carrying this on, super excited for this to work :D
 
Hey Trauma, not sure if I can transfer steam group ownership to you, but you now have all powers as an officer haha, so abuse away! Great job carrying this on, super excited for this to work :D


That's fine. That's all I need to make things work out. ^-^
 
-Trauma-, just let me know what you need & I'll do my best to lend a hand to this great experiment
 
-Trauma- first I have to say I love your signature. Second, if you need any help I am offering you my services (with a fee of unusual hats of course).
 
-Trauma- first I have to say I love your signature. Second, if you need any help I am offering you my services (with a fee of unusual hats of course).

Unusuals? Me? Hahahahahaha. No, but I'll definitely contact you if you're interested in helping. Would you want to do something on the lines of coaching or organizing events?
 
MARK YOUR CALENDERS.

We will be having an introductory meeting on Ventrilo this Wednesday, June 12 from 8EST/7CST-9EST/8CST.

This will be much like the one we did when we first started this, so you don't HAVE to attend if you know what this is all about. However, if you are new or need to learn more, please attend! See you there!
 
Back
Top