Custom HUDS

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Yeah it's pretty neat to have a custom hud. I like the ones that have numbers in the boxes like garm3nHUD's (4mp version, a bunch included in one archive). I'm using QuartzHUD KuG version right now. I'd say get garm3nHUD, look through the 12ish or whatever they have in the archive, try em all out and see what you like. garm3n is a great place to get a bunch of unique huds. If you need help installing, you can message me on steam and I'll gladly help you out, I've been dealing with custom huds for about 1000 of my 1337 hours on tf2.

Some other things to google: PVhud, Brosel HUD, EVE HUD. Those are some of the big names that I've tried and used a bit.
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Yeah it's pretty neat to have a custom hud. I like the ones that have numbers in the boxes like garm3nHUD's (4mp version, a bunch included in one archive). I'm using QuartzHUD KuG version right now. I'd say get garm3nHUD, look through the 12ish or whatever they have in the archive, try em all out and see what you like. garm3n is a great place to get a bunch of unique huds. If you need help installing, you can message me on steam and I'll gladly help you out, I've been dealing with custom huds for about 1000 of my 1337 hours on tf2.

Some other things to google: PVhud, Brosel HUD, EVE HUD. Those are some of the big names that I've tried and used a bit.

Oh, following up on this, you can experiment and make your own custom HUD with bits and pieces from multiple huds made by diff. people. (assuming you know what each file does. you can figure it out just from the filename though)
 
Oh, following up on this, you can experiment and make your own custom HUD with bits and pieces from multiple huds made by diff. people. (assuming you know what each file does. you can figure it out just from the filename though)

I'm prolly gonna make a custom hud of my own soon once I figure out how that stuffs works, it's more than just piecing together huds, there's scripting involved and various files to move just one object, so I wouldn't recommend just tossing huds together willy-nilly
 
btw, have some screens of my hud. Quartz HUD KuG version

F18404BF9A6B97DCF3E6BC0BCA21CB93B489B383

includes custom (currently kunai) model. Remove the flower and you get the YER (which is what I used to have the flower on)

99494CEAE34A3E54215B4C774CFF46F16BC8744D

Hit numbers look visible and nice

FE3D52F2502781E93034D9390D5E323CD9D11B5C

Kill icons are always good to see.

EDIT: Overheal gives the boxes a green glow, kinda like the color of my class icons in my sig. Red glow/ Green glow (under half and overhealed respectively) also change your HP box's color, and overheal makes your box slightly bigger
 
I don't see the use of it...
Tell me why I should use a hud, what does it add?
 
I don't see the use of it...
Tell me why I should use a hud, what does it add?

It's a customization thing; so it is mostly an aesthetic option. Some people say that it makes some information more visible and easier to read. I like it because mine eliminates some fluff that isn't needed in the regular hud, and keeps info closer to my center of vision, while still keeping it out of the way enough to fight well.
 
Eve is the hud I used before my current one, and for a minimalist tf2-style hud that isn't completely redesigned, it's one of the best, and it's a good choice.

I've switched to the box-style because it just looks cool to me. I'd probably adjust the positions a bit when I make my own, but my hud will be based on the quartz hut my screenshots show.
 
I customized my own HUD. I really didn't wanna mess too much with the default HUD, but I did like having certain things visible. So most things aren't that different, but there are few strange changes, I guess.

I used Flame's HUD guide to learn about a lot of the parts, but honestly, there are a LOT of things you can change and it grows all the time. (I REALLY wish I could tilt elements or set them at an angle or perspective. I really want a tilted or skewed kill feed.. it would be soo cool)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top