Tf2 Map Making

Darkea

Active Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
360
Is anyone else going to be making maps for TF2?
Wanted to know if anyone else wanted to set up a steam group or IRC for chatting about map making for it; getting help from each other, or map ideas. :D
 
All your maps are going to be CTF with heavy Engineer bias.


I know it!
 
Wow, that was a quick replay laf lol
And nah, my first map I'm making is a CP map thats based on a James Bond/Dr.Evil volcano lair D:
Would fit into the game VERY well me thinks
 
That sounds intriguing.

Though, if there is actual lava to fall into, I'm out. That stuff kills me more than any one single game mechanic. In any game. Ever.
 
I curious how do you edit current maps such as Dustbwol? and what now.
The Map creators did'nt understand the concept of number 2 Team Fortress 2, pretty much the same thing as TFC but with new features and graphics.
They had no inmagination to map creating, there are literly no hiding spots, secert areas, and spots. Aside from nocliping you are not going to find that speical place :)

Back to my question, can current maps be edited to add new map features such as more then having an deathmatch in a big box lol

Why is it when Companys make maps they never think to make it interesting exciting to do stuff, interactive envirment! I have'nt play an interactive envirment friendly game in years! Duke Nukem now that was a good game :D in my opion of course :)
 
I'm pretty sure you can since I've played on acouple servers that have had edited versions of the map, though how to do it I'm not sure, I can look it up and get back to you on it though.
 
i just started a TF2 SDK mapping group on steam, not sure if you guys wanna join but feel free to!
 
Back
Top