Clarification: Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
47
I did not wish to start a new thread, but between the time I typed a question and the time i hit send the thread was locked.
I am only creating a new thread because I feel that my question was not directly answered by the information remaining in the locked thread.
I appologize if this is bothersome to admins but please understand that it is important to make a topic / policy clear before locking it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I ask a question? This does not concearn me directly but I am curious if I am understanding the policy correctly.

If there are Three people (Bill, George, and Fred). Bill is in a clan called xyz. George and Fred are in the DOD:S clan and have the rank of eG. George is ONLY interested in being in the DOD:S clan, while Fred decides to become an =(e)= in TF2 as well.


Now, in DOD:S servers they appear as:
---------------------------------------------
[xyz]Bill. . . . . . . -since Bill is a visitor, and visitors may keep other clan tags on
=(eG)=George. .- since George has rank and admin in the current server's clan
=(eG)=Fred. . . . - since Fred has rank and admin in the current server's clan




But in the TF2 servers they appear as:
-------------------------------------------
[xyz]Bill. . . . . . . -since Bill is a visitor, and visitors may keep other clan tags on
=(eG)=George. . - since George is a visitor too, and visitors may keep other clan tags on
=(e)=Fred. . . . . - since Fred is infact a recruit to the current server's clan



This would infact, be correct right? Since eGO treats every clan and their members with respect especially a sister clan. Cirtainly this respect is extended to the clan members tags and their rite to wear those tags while on other servers. Since other clans members are not asked to remove their tags why would we treat a sister clan with any less respect? I have thought about this for a while now and I am genuinely trying to clear this up so please give it some thought before answering.

I will also post this same question on the DOD:S website as well to see what their policy is.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS WITH COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, OR GARBAGE. PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE ANSWER.
The last thing I want is for this to be locked or spammed instead of clearified.
And yes, I considered sending PM's but wanted the correct answer to be made public for others who may have simmilar thoughts.
 
As far as I know, the two clans are to be kept completely seperate.

Where as, George would have to remove his eG tag before entering the TF2 Servers.

I don't see why anyone would keep him from wearing the tag in both games, but he may get mistakenly banned, or kicked for wearing it on the sister clans servers. Only because some eG's or eGO's may not know that we have a DOD:S sister clan, which also means they won't know about the second roster. This being the case...

I may be wrong on this, and if so please correct me...

The tags should be kept seperate from eachother, so George SHOULD remove his eG before going on the TF2 Servers.
 
I appologize if I wasnt clea.r I do believe / understand that the clans are to be kept seperate, this I got from the other thread. The question is, however, why does George need to remove his tag, since, his tag is from a clan we recognize and respect. It seems disrespectfull to ask a member of another clan to remove their tag when they visit these servers.

I also understand, however, that there could be tons of clans with eGO as their name, and I am sure we would ask them to remove their tag for impersonating an admin. However, these such players do not come fomr any clan with a similar name, they come form our sister clan, where they have earned the rite to wear their tag by standards nearly identical to our admins here. Do we really treat members of our sister clan like rebels attempting to impersonate when only they are wearing the tag as they would if they played on any other server.

This is two clans, one organization (is that right?). I do see what you are saying a little bit though, it is tough with two rosters. I wonder how bigger clans deal with this? Maybe there should be one roster? Maybe there should be one website? One council? aww crap I am ranting again.
 
It just makes alot more work for council.
I do see what you mean though, about how it can taken as a disgrace. Perhaps they can put [TF2] or [DOD] at the end of their tag when playing in a Sister Clan they are not a member of?
 
When TF2 first started, the members of the DOD clan were allowed to keep their "membership level" if they started playing TF2. The council decided that they would allow that until the beginning of November. As it stands right now, I believe your scenario is correct. Although I can't imagine Fred having too much trouble rising back to an =(eG)=.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top