Linux Mic and sv_use_steam_voice

Bastian227

I made one post
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
9
Using the Linux client, I play CS:S on your various servers. I'm not able to use my mic because of a server setting: sv_use_steam_voice = 0

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/33

I would like to request a reconsideration of that server setting.

If sv_use_steam_voice were set to 1, then everyone could hear my dying screams.

Thanks!
-Darren (Bastian227)
 
I too play on Linux. This is Sometimes a problem for me, but it usually does not happen.
 
I too play on Linux. This is Sometimes a problem for me, but it usually does not happen.

So, you're saying that on eGO servers, you can use your mic? For me, it looks like it's working, but no one can actually hear me.
 
Well, the last time I played on my Laptop, I Know people could hear me. I was having a conversation with some people.
Before that it would go in and out.
That was a while ago. I tested it today and it refuses to work.

Heres my setup:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
Mem: 4GB DDR3
Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000/NVIDIA Geforce GT 540M 1GB
(Don't Ask me how I got Bumblebee to work without crashing the game. I can't remember.)

Full Specs: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53SV/#specifications
 

Latest posts

Back
Top