- Joined
- Aug 8, 2011
- Messages
- 213
Synopsis
Yugo Hachiken dreams of life separated from his family, so he takes the initiative by enrolling in an agriculture school. He thinks, with his talent in studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he attends. He is proven wrong very quickly. Raised as a city boy, he is forced to uncover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken, as he tries to keep up with his new friends, farmers' heirs, who are already accustomed to the harsh world of farming. With no clear goals or understanding of farming life, how will Hachiken survive this new, cruel reality? The story of a sweat, tear, and mud-stained youth begins!
(Source: MAL)
So I heard about this manga a few months ago since it was made by Hiromu Arakawa, the mangaka of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I never got round to reading it. I heard it was now an anime the day before episode 1 aired.
Has anybody else watched it? I have to say, I'm pretty impressed that something about farming, of all things, can keep my attention as well as this did. It's a slice-of-life, so of course it isn't for everybody, but based on the first episode it seemed like a pretty relaxing and funny show.
Also, we get treated to this guy, who appears to be related to the Armstrong family:





