Daily Reminder: Go See Pacific Rim.

Sexy Beast

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2,641
pacific_rim_poster_a_h.jpg


Seriously, go see this movie. It is the only non-sequel non-adaptation movies to come this summer. There is a lot riding on this, people take notice of the success and failures of films with $190 million budgets. The ramifications of its failure will be felt far and wide. While its success could bring more original IPs to the summer movie docket and will also insure that director Guillermo del Toro will continue to direct whatever his crazy talented little heart desires.

Also its a good movie and you should watch it. Don't pirate it because that "cam" rip wont do the film justice. Just go and see it. You're a bad person if you don't.
 
Would you recommend it in 3D? There's this new theater that opened up where I live and they are showing it in IMAX 3D.
 
Would you recommend it in 3D? There's this new theater that opened up where I live and they are showing it in IMAX 3D.

I didn't see it in 3D so I can't give a recommendation one way or another. I've heard mixed things about the 3D though. Like the live action was converted in post-production, but the big scale action scenes were done in native 3D.
 
I've heard the name on the radio several times but I have no idea what it is, or what it's about.
 
I've heard the name on the radio several times but I have no idea what it is, or what it's about.

Basic plot synopsis:

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot and an untested trainee who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

The film comes off as a live action version Big O/Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It's campy as all hell, but still a well made movie that packs in tons of entertainment value.
 
I heard this movie was a good movie to go see.. But my lazy butt has not moved to go see it.. lol.
 
I saw the movie in 3D, but it was the first time I was watching a movie in 3D IMAX, so I can't really tell you if the 3D was awesome or not considering it was my first time, but imo it was awesome.
 
The film comes off as a live action version Big O/Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I read somewhere that it was originally going to be the live action Evangelion movie.

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Angels, started rising from the sea, a war began that would decide the fate of humanity. To combat the giant Angels, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Evangelions, which are controlled by 14 year old kids who have psychological issues. But even the Evangelions are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Angels. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a boy with daddy issues and a girl with an inferiority complex and mommy issues. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

See how easy it is to transplant the two?
 
Last edited:
I read somewhere that it was originally going to be the live action Evangelion movie.



See how easy it is to transplant the two?

Naw, this was never slated to be an Evangelion movie...though yes, it's pretty obvious where they got their inspirations from.
 
Last edited:
So I got wrangled into see it again tonight, in IMAX 3D. Yay I guess.

IMAX 3D? I'm so jelly.

While you don't go see Pacific Rim for the plot, it still has the impact to become the best film of the summer. I support Sexy Beast's recommendation.
 
I didn't see it in IMAX 3D but it was still pretty good, I just wish the 3D glasses werent tinted. If you want to see it in 3D, go to IMAX.
 
I didn't see it in IMAX 3D but it was still pretty good, I just wish the 3D glasses werent tinted. If you want to see it in 3D, go to IMAX.


I normally don't like 3D, but it was pretty good in this movie. The theater I was in was mostly empty though...kind of depressing.
 
Would you recommend it in 3D? There's this new theater that opened up where I live and they are showing it in IMAX 3D.

I would recommend it in 3D. Just not in the front row... That was a baaad choice.
 
The story never sold me on seeing it.

But this alone sold me to go see it.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIfIi6R1Ys[/ame]
Love when they put that much detail on sets to really bring it to life.
 
Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus + Dragon Wars + Transformers + Gundam???
 
I normally don't like 3D, but it was pretty good in this movie. The theater I was in was mostly empty though...kind of depressing.

Same here but I saw it at 1030ish, so I wasnt too surprised
 
Naw, this was never slated to be an Evangelion movie...though yes, it's pretty obvious where they got their inspirations from.

and with that little tid-bit of information, I will be getting my ass to a movie theater:biggrin:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top