How many here get into real guns?

I think its a shame that people use them for killing (other than in self-defense).

It's hard to keep someone who uses guns for fun originally, but then wants to kill, from killing. And it is all too common - scarily.
 
It's hard to keep someone who uses guns for fun originally, but then wants to kill, from killing. And it is all too common - scarily.

Are you for real when you suggest that people who target practice with guns and enjoy them are more likely to then kill people?

All too common? There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S. yesterday who did not kill a single person. That is no "common", that is rare. You do realize that the suicide rate is way way way higher than the homicide rate? That is right, you have a greater chance of killing yourself than someone shooting you!
 
you play this game -it has guns for fun -do you want to kill for real now?

My point wasn't that people who use real guns makes them want to kill more often, my point was that people who use real guns are more able to kill with them.

Are you for real when you suggest that people who target practice with guns and enjoy them are more likely to then kill people?

All too common? There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S. yesterday who did not kill a single person. That is no "common", that is rare. You do realize that the suicide rate is way way way higher than the homicide rate? That is right, you have a greater chance of killing yourself than someone shooting you!

It's common enough in the US to be scary. If 10.3/100,000 (USA) people rather than 0.25/100,000(UK) are getting shot to death, it's more common.

It's a fact it's more common to be shot in countries with legal private gun ownership. You are 3 to 40 times more likely to be killed by firearms in the US than you are in the UK, France, Germany, Canada, Spain, Japan or many other wealthy country's, due to lax rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

The thrill of having a gun in my house isn't worth that.
 
Last edited:
We should keep away from the politics of guns before this thread gets closed. Suffice to say that there is no correlation between gun restrictions and gun-related crime - too many factors affecting the result. Take Mexico for example, or compare States with different degrees of gun regulation, you may see that the converse is true (i.e., greater rate of shooting in New York City and Chicago (Strict guns laws) compared to Houston or Atlanta).
 
Last edited:
The problem here is that everyone has an opinion and neither side is truly open to a change in opinion.

Mat, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics as we have all been told before. For every statistic you can show, I can show another and you will show one to combat that.

For instance, yes gun crimes are higher in a country where ownership is allowed. However, I could show you statistics about violent crime being higher in the UK than the US.

You then could come back with statistics on specific crimes saying that the UK definition of violent crime is different that the US definition of violent crime, or you could talk about population size or any number of other issues. Then I would respond with another statistic and guess what... neither of us would change our mind.

You also elude to having a gun in the home as a thrill. This is a grossly incorrect characterization for what I would suspect is the vast majority of gun owners but can only respond for myself when I say that isn't even close to why I do now and have always owned guns.

I see a bigger problem as training. Not enough people spend time training and teaching their family members to respect the guns in their home.

Now that we both understand that no one is going to change their view here today, can we please allow this thread to get back on track as some of us are actually enjoying this thread and wish to discuss...

that a Glock is an inferior weapon and should never be used as anything other than a paper weight... if you can, go for a Sig or Kimber. Now I know most guns will out shoot the owner, but I think of it this way... why give your daughter a Pinto to drive if you can afford something more reliable and safer like a Volvo.
 
We should keep away from the politics of guns before this thread gets closed.

^^ Lets try to stay on track guys...this thread is merely to discuss whether or you own or have owned guns. And if so, which ones ya got. :)
 
^^ Lets try to stay on track guys...this thread is merely to discuss whether or you own or have owned guns. And if so, which ones ya got. :)

Too slow Megs. Also, do you prefer your Chinese SKS or the old Russian? I have seen a lot of people turn the SKS into a good little brush gun for hunting here in the NorthWest.

Btw Meg, you are a cheater for unlocking a thread to say welcome back as you were already too late!
 
Last edited:
^^ Lets try to stay on track guys...this thread is merely to discuss whether or you own or have owned guns. And if so, which ones ya got. :)

Damn it, I'll get a decent discussion from this website eventually.

Although you guys said no to political discussion, you state that alongside your own arguments (wewo and Sumac) , hardly a fair way to end it. But FINE, I'll leave it, they aren't my highschools.
 
Btw Meg, you are a cheater for unlocking a thread to say welcome back as you were already too late!

LOL it's what I do :P

Too slow Megs. Also, do you prefer your Chinese SKS or the old Russian? I have seen a lot of people turn the SKS into a good little brush gun for hunting here in the NorthWest.

I prefer the Russian one I had, it was a sweet gun :)
 
Damn it, I'll get a decent discussion from this website eventually.

Although you guys said no to political discussion, you state that alongside your own arguments (wewo and Sumac) , hardly a fair way to end it. But FINE, I'll leave it, they aren't my highschools.

You guys can discuss all you want Matz...just don't want to see it get out of hand :)
 
But FINE, I'll leave it, they aren't my highschools.

Not a fair way to end it is right, nice emotionally charged comment there. I am more than happy to discuss this stuff with you, just send me a PM and we can do it there. CC Wewo or anyone else and we can do it through PMs.

Megs-

I always like the Russan better, just don't want to get stuck with a Yugoslavian model.
 
that a Glock is an inferior weapon and should never be used as anything other than a paper weight.
tumblr_lznt91uzrT1r3zat8.gif


why give your daughter a Pinto to drive if you can afford something more reliable and safer like a Volvo.


You trying to open another can of worms? :biggrin:
 
not really a gun person more of a fishing person and gun laws are very strict in Denmark
 
I've never liked my Yugo SKS and have regretted the purchase since day one. Either way with the price of ammo these days I rarely can afford a trip to the range.
 
never had a problem with my glock - cost less than a sig yes - but it has never malfunctioned on me - it does what its susposed to do everytime -pull trigger and a bullitt comes out. Its not pretty by any means, but works everytime perfectly. Oh and Mat, I understand that in a perfect world there would be no guns, but brother I'm telling you its a rough world out there and I'm packin my gun everywhere I go!! Maybe when you get old like me and abit wiser you will understand. When I was 17 like you I saw things different as well. You are on your own out there I'm telling you and if it takes guns to protect my family and myself then that's what I'm going to do! Anyway I respect your thoughts and I hope you never need a gun and don't have one -myself I'd rather have one and not need it..lol lol
 
Damn it, I'll get a decent discussion from this website eventually.

The point was that this was clearly not the place to bring up a debate on guns. It was obvious what the thread was about and it was also obvious what you were trying to do with the first comment you made.

Culture/gun culture in the UK and in the U.S. is totally opposite of each other, especially depending on what areas you compare (obviously :mellow:). You are too young to even be in college right now..... From my first year up till now I have lived about 1 mile off campus and walked to and from campus nearly every day. If you feel comfortable walking alone in College Park, Maryland at 11pm at night, you are either incredibly brave, have a death wish, or partially brain damaged. I don't carry a gun because it's illegal here, but I also wouldn't degrade anyone for doing so as long as they were responsible with it. Every single person has their own use for a firearm, no matter what you perceive those to be.

It's not meant as an insult or anything but obviously living in the UK I doubt you have very much experience with firearms to begin with....

Weapons have their uses, and I assume this thread was meant solely to discuss their fun ones. By the way, I don't understand the hatred for glock. Is it because they're ugly? :confused1::crying:
 
Shot a lot in the past, but these are the two that I own.

high_standard_supermatic.jpg


RUGER_MK111_FIBER2.jpg


Mine are customized and are not pictured above, but those are the models. High standard target pistol, and Ruger Mk. II.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top