How do you normally pay for things?

How do you normally pay for things?

  • Cash

    Points: 128 29.2%
  • Credit Card

    Points: 99 22.6%
  • Checking Card

    Points: 93 21.2%
  • Pay Pal

    Points: 35 8.0%
  • I'm broke and will gladly pay you Tue for a hamburger today.

    Points: 73 16.7%
  • Other (please explain)

    Points: 10 2.3%

  • Total voters
    438
I use just about all the methods stated above. 17 and still with no job its hard to always find a source of money to borrow from and payback later. #thelife
 
I use a intricate barter system that involves a variety of live animals and/or animal organs for the item/service I want to purchase.
 
For games on steam i give my friends who also have steam in real life to buy and gift me the games i want, i'm to lazy to buy a pre purchased visa,
 
Being homeless in L.A. I pay with cash I earn Busking. Except when I need to get;say the Premium DLC (and soon pre order BF4),then I get one of those GreenDot Prepaid Credit Cards.
 
Credit cards are too much responsibility to be worth it, and cash is too difficult to carry around. Unless I'm doing things where cards are not accepted, I use my checking card because my checks all go in the bank and I can do transfers from savings to checking on my phone.
 
Credit Card for 99.99% of everything. I have one of those rewards points cards, and one of the rewards is a Rolex. I pay the card balance off at the end of every month, so I'm not racking up any debt. But by running EVERYTHING through that card, the Rolex shall be mine!

If it is a locally owned restaurant I still pay cash. Having spent some time in the restaurant industry I know how hard it is. I'd hate to see someone's dream fail because the bank had to have their transaction fee. Paying cash means 100% of the profit goes to the business owner. Now, if it's a chain...eat the fee Chumpy. I wants my Rolex.
 
I like cash. I've always liked having actual physical money in my wallet to tell me I have the power to buy this chocolate bar that I really shouldn't buy.

But even so, I tend to buy most things online anyways, so I use my credit card for that, or in some cases Pay Pal depending on what it is. And gas I get with my credit card. It's just easier instead of going in to pay.
 
I have one of those "visa checking cards".

The VAST amount of my purchases go thru it.

I very seldom even carry any cash with me. Haven't for years.


Indeed, this..

I never carry anything valuable when I go out, one single key strapped to the inside of my pants for my house, my visa, and a shitty nokia phone.

If I ever do get robbed, it takes me 1 minute to call and cancel the card, they don't find the key, and they won't want the phone!
:D

Too bad my shoes are worth more than a modern smart phone..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top