Key binds commands

Fluffy

Forum Fiend
Joined
Nov 28, 2012
Messages
674
I have never once figured out how to use keybinds properly. So can you guys give me an example and tell where i can put it.

One of the key commands i want is that when I get a reflect kill, i want pyro to say no.
 
I have never once figured out how to use keybinds properly. So can you guys give me an example and tell where i can put it.

here's an example of a basic bind

bind KEY "COMMAND"

so if I wanted to make my t key shoot for some reason I would type this into console (or put it in a config file)

bind t "+attack"

One of the key commands i want is that when I get a reflect kill, i want pyro to say no.

This is not possible as you can't make binds run when certain events occur, however you can bind a key to use a voice command like so

bind KEY "voicemenu 0 0"

replace the numbers with what voice command you want to issue
No is 0 7
 
or you could make a keybind that also plays the no command when mouse2 is pressed when reflecting

the bind would go in pyro.cfg and might look a little like this

//retro's reflect nope script
alias "+nope" "+attack2; voicemenu 0 7; -attack2"

alias "-nope" "-attack2"

bind "mouse2" "+nope"

and then I'd put this in your other class script files just in case

unbind "mouse2"
bind "mouse2" "attack2"

and I can't guarantee this would work since this is off the top of my head
 
the -attack2 needs to go in the "-" alias

//strabes' reflect nope script
alias "+nope" "+attack2; voicemenu 0 7"
alias "-nope" "-attack2"
bind "mouse2" "+nope"

other class script files:
bind "mouse2" "attack2"
 
Please be mindful of how you bind voice menu commands. The SMAC will kick you if you are spamming the voice menu by holding down a button, ex. the mouse button.
 
Type into console... "Bind p explode.. then when you press p you will explode :thumbup1:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top