I realize...

Mr. Monday

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
1,814
... that you all like Egypt. However, take a gander at this:

04E8E8B654B044C4D1186BEF0C503A177C3D23CF


That is not cool. Egypt does not fill. This has been made obvious by the past week or so. I've had people message me and tell me that they've been trying to fill it for a couple hours or more.

The other servers DO FILL, and in a FAR shorter time than that. Egypt should be left until last, so the other servers can get filled. Lately, the only ones that have been are Harvest, Dustbowl and 2fort. That's it. VM, Payload and Hightower are NOT getting filled because everyone is screwing around on Egypt.

Sanctified mentioned something a week or two ago about me "doing my duty [as an admin]" and helping to fill Egypt. What I see here is a complete dereliction of that same duty.

THIS IS WHY we can't have nice things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How about another ctf map? Maybe turbine, but I do not know how well it will fill.
 
How about another ctf map? Maybe turbine, but I do not know how well it will fill.

I think we had a 24/7 Turbine a long time ago and I don't think it did well

in my experience Turbine fills but empties back out pretty quickly since it's almost always a steamroll or a stalemate
 
right I forgot we had a CP rotation once maybe a KOTH rotation?

My guess is that a KOTH rotation would just turn into another harvest.

Could we just put it to another general vote? Or give Egypt more time, to see what happens?
 
I have seen Egypt full and stay full a few times. And I personally would love to keep Egypt as a server. But it would be a good idea to change it so it can fill more often. I am not sure which map, but we should keep the all speak thing on a server, it brings in more people.

*cough* 24/7 Black Mesa *cough*
 
Last edited:
I have seen Egypt full and stay full a few times. And I personally would love to keep Egypt as a server. But it would be a good idea to change it so it can fill more often. I am not sure which map, but we should keep the all speak thing on a server, it brings in more people.

*cough* 24/7 Black Mesa *cough*

I would love a 24/7 Blackmesa but of course it's going to be shot down because it isn't quickplay supported honestly I wish quickplay wasn't such a big factor in what maps we run Mesa was able to support itself for quite a while but it fell because of a server change at a bad time
 
I for one shall not fight to save egypt, as egpyt never fought to save me that one time I got attacked by a badger.

Also, it is going to be really hard to replace it with something that would fill, because it would appear to me that our community likes things that the rest of tf2 community either hates, or just doesn't know enough about to like, aka egypt, black mesa, turbine, arena.

Perhaps we should do a fun-style server, like dodgeball/prophunt all the time.
 
I for one shall not fight to save egypt, as egpyt never fought to save me that one time I got attacked by a badger.

Also, it is going to be really hard to replace it with something that would fill, because it would appear to me that our community likes things that the rest of tf2 community either hates, or just doesn't know enough about to like, aka egypt, black mesa, turbine, arena.

Perhaps we should do a fun-style server, like dodgeball/prophunt all the time.

You never asked for help form Egypt when you were being attacked by dat badger.. And good idea with the fun server, although we have tried that in the past with the event server and that didn't work. also prophunt/dodgeball servers don't fill up fast or well. So it would be a good idea to stick with normal servers.
 
I've noticed that control point maps do not fill well in general. I suspect that this is because in quickplay, Valve suggests the Control Point mode for advanced players only. This may deter many newer players from trying it out in favor of payload and other modes, since they are recommended for all skill levels.

Maybe change it to a rotation of comp maps?

I would love this, but there aren't many comp maps that are quickplay compatible.
 
To be honest, changing the server to a different map every other week isn't going to get us terribly far. I agree sometimes servers just won't fill but the Egypt server hasn't even been around for that long, I've seen it filled. After all the other servers are filled and an FFTF announcement is given out and plenty of people are passionate about Egypt it's not too hard to fill.
 
I was never suggesting that we should change it. Wwat I was suggesting is that we fill the OTHER servers FIRST instead of screwing around on Egypt.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top