S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat - MISERY 2.0

idk_lobsters

Play Minecraft!
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
3,216
I am an avid fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, and have played through all 3 games. In 6 days, one of my favorite game mods, built for the game Call of Pripyat is releasing a major update, MISERY 2.0

MISERY mod link

The images tab is the best place to scroll through all the features and content being added in 2.0, the oldest picture on 2.0 features is about the FN FAL.


CoP is my favorite game of the series, the AI is the most improved, the maps are large and missions alone are hours of gameplay within each one, and some of the general game dynamics are just implemented better than in the previous games.

I decided to try a mod out since I was bored of the original gameplay. MISERY stood out to me because the point was in the name, to change the dynamics of the game to make it much harder, not just in AI difficulty, but make resources expensive and scarce. I liked the mod, it makes starting the game a challenge, as it was hard just to make enough money to buy food and bullets, the mod was lucky enough to keep medical treatment free, it was worth it to just run halfway across the map to heal, medkits and bandages were nearly useless in the middle of a fight anyway, they were not instant and only gave minimal relief.

I am definitely going to switch to MISERY 2.0 when it is released, the amount of work put into it, the new dynamics, and new content make it look much better than 1.0. I will be livestreaming and possibly make a video of the 1st hour, see how far I can get!
 
Last edited:
Almost out! I've been waiting for this for a while too, the 1.0 version was pretty good but a few things really annoyed me like the scopes being stretched and looking fairly terrible in anycase. 2.0 they've changed that and added so much stuff, even someone who's played CoP as much as me will have fun :D
 
STALKER Complete's aim is to improve the look and feel of all 3 games in the series.

MISERY's aim is to improve the difficulty of CoP, and change the atmosphere to complement that.

Both are very reputable mods, I went for MISERY though because CoP is my favorite of the 3 series and was interested in the increase in difficultly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top