Are you Car Savvy? Save me!

Dan Hunter

Active Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
348
So i have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler and it is a beauty.

Unfortunately the other day one of the Door Pins/Bolts fell out and i replaced them with some new bolts i picked up at an ace hardware.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWtKy4fOMt0[/ame]


http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=COfuz8-t37gCFREV7AodDH8ACQ


Would this work to replace the pins? Or is there something better?

Also my price range is very low. Maybe 35$ tops.

I appreciate your help.
 
http://www.wranglerforum.com/
Do a search over there, it's a pretty common problem from what I understand. I haven't had to mess with mine yet though.
http://s709.photobucket.com/user/IrateDonnie/media/jeepsideview.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
When you put the new bolts in did it knock out the brass bushings? If the bushings are still there you might need a bolt that's just a hair bigger.
The part you posted might work but I'm not sure, it looks like it would work to me. I think it just replaces the bottom nut with a clip since most people just leave the nuts off if they take the doors off a lot.
 
Last edited:
The part you found would work. But these are readily availible on ebay for various prices [ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-38447-Door-Pin-And-Bushing-Kit-/261243309607?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AJeep%7CModel%3AWrangler&hash=item3cd3508e27&vxp=mtr[/ame]
 

Latest posts

Back
Top