Donation Drive Ideas

GardenGroveVW

USS VIN NUMBAH?!?!
Executive
Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
9,219
Let’s think of a different way of a Donation Drive. Yes the oreo and mustard was fun. But let’s drop it now.
It’s getting a little out of hand.

I don't want to see anything about people getting hurt. Let’s think of a different way.

Post your thoughts here.

Here is an idea. Let’s have a boxing match.
Blue team. vs. Red team.

Example
Player 1(Blue) vs. Player 2(Red).
Let’s say I bet a $1 on Player1

Anyone could bet. Even if it’s a .25, it doesn't mater anything helps the servers stay alive.

So let’s say Player1 won. I wouldn't have to donate because Player1 won the match.

So the people who bet on Player2 would have to donate their bet.

We could do it best out of 3. I think it would be interesting and something new.
 
I like it...how about a whole tournament? You could pick a player and bet say $1 per match. So if he won 2 matches and was eliminated it would be $2 etc...
 
This could work. But the only thing is. We need serious players. and there will be a set of rules laid out because we are dealing with money.
 
I agree the dares are getting a little crazy like Romantic Deaths ice cream thing that went a little too far I think. The boxing Idea is pretty good but I like this idea: We would have to have some one create a really long map and have races with scouts and have obstacles to jump over and clear gaps and stuff like that it would be like the betting thing you thought of before
 
Anyone want to make a map themed like the first level from super mario bros? That would be hilarious to watch scouts running through it.

Otherwise though, I would be willing to coordinate a boxing tournament similar to what I talked about above.
 
The scout race idea wouldn't work since there is no sprinting in TF2, so whoever gets ahead in the beginning basically wins. No way to pull ahead unless the leading runner stops randomly. It's possible to make a mario themed map but we'd need a mod that disabled damage so people can shoot eachother to slow them down but not actually kill them. :)
 
Morbid thats why he said make obstacles and gaps to jump over. Its really not that easy if you throw that in there. yes blazin I think The object of this is to get only donateing players involved with this
one. Keep me posted garden Im in.
 
the betting part is the only thing i have a question about. f you lose you lose your bet, which is sensible, but if you win you get nothing, putting no point into winng. Maybe if you won you could get credit for a free t-shirt. like if you bet $1 on red and red wins, you have $1 free towrds getting a shirt. If you manage to get around $15 in credit you get the shirt for no charge. thats my input.
 
or maybe to get credits toward a t-shirt u have to donate a minimum of like $10. That way eGO makes more money
 
If I can sell some tracks or CDs that I've made, I would be happy to donate at least part of what I get off of it to eGO.

I know! Let's host a battle of the e-Bands!
 
[quote1196313615=ihavenolife]
the betting part is the only thing i have a question about. f you lose you lose your bet, which is sensible, but if you win you get nothing, putting no point into winng. Maybe if you won you could get credit for a free t-shirt. like if you bet $1 on red and red wins, you have $1 free towrds getting a shirt. If you manage to get around $15 in credit you get the shirt for no charge. thats my input.
[/quote1196313615]

The point would mean the winner of the fight wont have to donate. Also keeping eGO's lights on is a big win in my eye's.
 
[quote1196342240=MostlyHarmless]
yes blazin I think The object of this is to get only donateing players involved with this
one.
[/quote1196342240]

My english still sucks...does that mean I can try and melee...?? xD
 

Latest posts

Back
Top