Empires Mod (anyone tried it?)

DCL

Rookie
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
84
I spend a large chuck of yesterday night playing it. And honestly, before i had realized it, i had dropped six hours into the game. Its definitely a game that rewards team play by offering unlocks and skills, it meshes real time strategy and first person action. You have a team commander, whom is in the command trailer, for lack of a better term, the trailer can be moved, but if destroyed, is a loss for the team its on. The vehicles, you have five chassis types, are customizable anywhere from weapons to armor, engine, warheads (nukes are nasty). The class types you have are engineer (whom can built an sg, later on two of them with high teamplay, radar, like sg missile or machine gun, but radar and camera. walls, which are often a great stepping stone for offensive squads to cover behind, they can also with a skill upgrade, revive teammates.) Its a solid game ive found, if anyone on there plays it, im just DCL over there. and the link is http://www.empiresmod.com/ and i do recommend taking a good look at the wiki, it helps a good bit.
 
You've persuaded me to download it. I've never touched a mod before, but hopefully this will be as good as everyone says it is.
 
I forgot to add the other class types, rifleman, grenadier, and scout. riflemen are general purpose attackers, and the only class to get a unique special of half stamina damage when shot while crouched or prone (they are your soldiers and heavies of tfc.) the grenadier is your anti-vehicle trooper, and has the mortor cannon in addition to the guided rocket, and has mines. the scout is a combination sniper and scout, they can operate alone, and sabotage enemy buildings.
 
Freeflow you would ask that. :P

I played Empires 1.071b a while ago, and I'll say it wasn't that great. But I've heard alot of good things from people who have played the newest version, so I'm downloading it right now to try it out.
 
The scout has a sniper rifle as a weapon choice. each class has different weapon options that can be changed at a barracks, or when you next spawn.
 
The rifleman for example, has two rifle choices, or a machine gun (which gets much better accuracy from a prone position.)
 
Installing it right now. I tried an early version of it a year or two ago and was disappointed, but perhaps they've improved it. I've been hearing too many good things to ignore.
 
I played it yesterday and I have to say its REALLY FUN. :D

[quote1196628083=IrshCarBomb]
Does it play anything like BF2? It sounds a lot like it.
[/quote1196628083]

It plays like a cross between Natural Selection and BF2, there's still squads and a commander.

I think the coolest thing about Empires is how you can customize vehicles depending on what technology has been researched.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top