- Joined
- Dec 30, 2011
- Messages
- 8
I know I don't post here much, but today I was going through my blog groups only to discover a poster managed to actually get to one of the lookout posts at Normandy and snapped some shots.
The full selection is here if you'd like to look.
This was the image that grabbed me at first. Made me stop scrolling quickly through everything. My first thought: "A grenade through that would - wait a minute."
I scrolled down and it took me a minute to realize that you could still conceivably visit Normandy. It was such a meat grinder, I am surprised. That and because so many things get torn down and rebuilt.
I get shot here every stinking time.
Maybe it would take too much effort to tear down. Maybe they want it all to stay as a monument. Maybe the world has forgotten or maybe the country thinks it's too gruesome for anyone to visit and has just cordoned it off.
All I know is I'm strangely glad the poster made the walk to this area to take pictures.
---end---
The full selection is here if you'd like to look.
This was the image that grabbed me at first. Made me stop scrolling quickly through everything. My first thought: "A grenade through that would - wait a minute."
I scrolled down and it took me a minute to realize that you could still conceivably visit Normandy. It was such a meat grinder, I am surprised. That and because so many things get torn down and rebuilt.
I get shot here every stinking time.
Maybe it would take too much effort to tear down. Maybe they want it all to stay as a monument. Maybe the world has forgotten or maybe the country thinks it's too gruesome for anyone to visit and has just cordoned it off.
All I know is I'm strangely glad the poster made the walk to this area to take pictures.
---end---

























