WWII Games

mamas kitchen

Rookie
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
34
I didn't want to make a post promoting one game, so I ask unto you all if you have any other WWII games besides DoD:S that you also play.

I discovered War Thunder on Steam in Free-to-play.
- Full scale battles
- Air / Land / Sea (only planes available now)
- 3 levels of difficulty for easy learning
- Fast-paced
- Huge maps
- Engaging objectives

I also go back to Call of Duty 2's campaign for nostalgia.
What do you play?
 
Look into Red Orchestra 2, available on steam. They have some videos on youtube as well. It is not a well known game and that is real shame because it is wonderful and greatly detailed. The best way I can describe is it that it is like a more realistic DODs but more realistic and detailed. Huge maps, mostly infantry but it has tanks as well. The weapons are great, the game play is challenging but rewarding. It is one of the games where you have to compensate for your bullet drop and lead your kills into your sights, cannot just point directly on an enemy shoot and get a kill like DODs. You can lean up against an object to steady your aim for better accuracy. Little things like make it really fun, for me at least. I used to play the first one all the time.
 
Heh, I meant to put this thread into the DoD:S Division Forum.

And yes, I have to get into RO2. I loved the first.
 
I played Company of Heroes for a bit. I didn't get the second one because I didn't play the first enough to justify it, but they are both great games.

Battle Stations: Pacific is a great game for naval warfare.

Way back in the day there was Return to Castle Wolfenstein, set in WWII so technically it counts :P

Beyond that there is the Steam version of Memoir '44, which is one of my favorite board games. The steam version of it is excellent.

Oh, and who could forget Command & Conquer: Red Alert? Alternate timeline WWII but still tons of fun.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
 
i have played some, but on longer term they get bored, only playing dod now
 
I'm a fan of Dino D-Day, kind of like DoD/DoDS. The allies and axis have different soldiers, weapons, and dinos. They also have a flamethrower as a secondary weapon for a certain class, which DoDS sadly lacks.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top