HLStats and Mithos

Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
98
Im only posting this because every time I play someone mentions it to me, and I mean every time. Yes I know I was passed up for 1st place in HLStats and yes, usually points and ranking are very important to me (its the reason I play online games and thus my fun).

However, I no longer even look at the HLStats page, its a bogus point system. As soon as I found out you dont need to play well to get points and only need to constantly build as an engineer (no offense zoomer, I have seen you play and you are good) I stopped caring about it.

Thanks to everyone who who was concerned about my position on HLStats though!
 
Stats are for noobs... :) Play to have fun. I learned this when I tried keeping up with the punch kills on donner in dod:S :)
 
Don't worry, I hate all engineers and their stats don't count to me! You are still #1! haha. ::mutters... even if you always are heavy and have a healbot::

Edit: just looked at points and that is kinda message up. hs and backstab is only 1 point. But building a teleport entrance is 2? and building a sentry and/or dispenser is 5? Always wondered why people put sentries on sniper tower in 2fort, easy 5 points. Kepp placing them and jump ranks quick.
 
HLstats got the best of me in my CS days, i was always trying to beat everyone else but ended up not having fun because of competition.

I could care less about rank or points on TF2, Im in it for the community and thats what makes this game so fun!
 
I had 50 melee kills yesterday, and it did not count them...I hate disconnections :( ruin my every 50 streak..kills, melee, etc.
 
we have stats!?

.... j/k but seriously i think engy's and the points are deserved. it is the most boring class to play IMHO.
 
I have a dumb question, how do all of you get your stats to show up like that?

THanks!

chavenous
 
[quote1197578122=2sl0w]
we have stats!?

.... j/k but seriously i think engy's and the points are deserved. it is the most boring class to play IMHO.
[/quote1197578122]


My theory is a bit different. People pick engineer because they need the game to shoot for them. No aim what so ever on their own. But, thats just me being grumpy and bored at work.
 
[quote1197581698=Blindsfell]
Stats are for noobs... :) Play to have fun.
[/quote1197581698]

I completely agree, my stats aren't too good and I really don't care. I just play cause I love TF2. :)
 
Hmmmm. ;)
I play for fun and on Dustbowl Engy's are a necessity.
The stats associated with that class are a by-product of the game programming, and it's a class I like to play.
I could honestly care less what my rank is.
That said, I did smile when I saw the #1 next to my name. :D
The e vs. eG scrim went great, with the e's victorious.
I look forward to some smackdown with the eGO's.
 
[quote1197585782=Blindsfell]
Stats are for noobs... :) Play to have fun. I learned this when I tried keeping up with the punch kills on donner in dod:S :)
[/quote1197585782]
this is one of my least favorite comments. people say to ignore stats and just have fun, like I said, points for me equal fun. its the reason i play online games. i didnt post this because Im not 1st anymore, i posted it in hopes that now when i log onto the game, people will stop telling me i was passed up on HLStats :)
 
[quote1197587243=VoiDeD]
[quote1197581698=Blindsfell]
Stats are for noobs... :) Play to have fun.
[/quote1197581698]

I completely agree, my stats aren't too good and I really don't care. I just play cause I love TF2. :)
[/quote1197587243]

Same here...
 
yea the engy building is cheap, but if you play well then your rank will go up even faster than just building stuff.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top