HLStats and Mithos

[quote1197672772=FiFth Streetz]
yea the engy building is cheap, but if you play well then your rank will go up even faster than just building stuff.
[/quote1197672772]
not true at all. trust me.
 
Heres how you go from middle of the pack to 1st... not saying who but... **coughfirstplaceCOUGH*..... This is a straight copy paste all i did was delete the server and map details. Note the time lapsed between each...


2007-12-15 02:04:34 Disconnect I left the game.
2007-12-15 02:01:29 Team Bonus My team received a points bonus of 2 for triggering "Point Captured".
2007-12-15 02:00:27 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 02:00:23 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 02:00:18 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 02:00:08 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 02:00:05 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 01:59:55 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 01:59:54 Action I received a points bonus of 5 for triggering "Built Object - Dispenser".
2007-12-15 01:59:28 Role I changed role to engineer.

and this is 1 instance of many.
 
no just by dropping the building on the ground weather its fully built or not it'll give you points
 
Yep and at my point everytime i die i LOSE 7 points. kills as soldier only give 1 point. so i need to hold a 7:1 ratio just to break even. Anyone here good enough to do that?

But, nothing is perfect, nice just to have them. Spy backstab is only 2 points. That should be higher, thats tougher to do then drop a sentry.
 
Yeah, doesn't work well for me. Yeah, the whole engi building is messed up. I'm normally an Engineer, but since the stats started, I've played as Pyro more. I'm not one for building and destroying to do it, because I think that's just cheap.
 
woo! Im finally top 3

[quote1197855791=Mithos Riot]
not true at all. trust me.
[/quote1197855791]

Hehe see, playing well will help~

This is the best ive ever done: Pure demoman.

30445491rq1.jpg
 
[quote1198000703=FiFth Streetz]
woo! Im finally top 3

[quote1197855791=Mithos Riot]
not true at all. trust me.
[/quote1197855791]

Hehe see, playing well will help~

This is the best ive ever done: Pure demoman.

30445491rq1.jpg

[/quote1198000703]
trust me, playing well doesnt help.... look at the point breakdowns. i was number one from day one of HLStats on the servers, now i am 4th and the three people above me (including you) have gained most their ponts from building objects. i will consistently play well, but i cant compete with engies and as Rain pointed out, i lose more points for dieing (ive seen people take up to 22points from me) than i do from getting a kill.

but thats not the point of this thread at all.... and my initial purpose has succeeded as i have not been told i am no longer first since i posted this :)
 
Well, it really depends on how much you play with a certain class. If you play very limited times with Engineer, and you have loads of points for building things, you're obviously abusing the system.

I'm one who enjoyed playing as Engineer well before these stats came up. I only build when I need to. However, since they have been in, I've spent much more time as Pyro, a class I didn't really spend much time playing as before the stats.

On another note, I never realized how low I've dropped since I haven't played since Friday.
 
seriously i could care less about stats, it often makes people too competitive
 

Latest posts

Back
Top