so why did you close the eve section of the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was explained at the last clan-wide meeting. The reason was something along the lines of "the group was getting smaller and smaller".
 
lol... Yeah I saw that coming 100 miles out.

Post will prolly be deleted but meh dont really care.

The corp was doing reasonably well when suddenly, there were whispers that upper management, IE council, wanted to enact some rules as to the way we could conduct ourselves within eve online.

Was this true? Dunno. I was more plugged in than most but never really found out. Thats because no one talked about it. When asked, DLs didnt know and council stayed quiet. This led to some mistrust. There was a rumor that we were going to be moved to another division. Something which every single member of ego hated the idea of. Was this ever confirmed or denied? Not for a very long time. This led to the image that the line members were no responsible enough to handle that kind of information. (not saying this is a fact, this is just how I, and other members felt.)

Then things just kept piling up higher and higher until a few members decided to form their own corporation, taking 9 of the 12 leadership members with them and almost the entirety of the eve corp with them as well.

After this an off color joke by me was blown out of proportion and my leadership was removed leaving no leadership within eve. Seeing that the eve division was just going to crumble from there on out, I packed my bags and left.

Another leader was moved to eve, one who basically was afk 90 percent of the time because of his two kids. Then eve was shut down because "there was no leadership representation."

I knew it was a matter of time before the forums disappeared as well. So if you want your answer. Flat out, there were/are a few members of council who simply did not think that eve fit well with the community. (Something which they openly said in leadership meetings and in ventrilo) Killing the eve forums was simply the final nail in the coffin. Btw you can still read the old forums if you know the link, you just cant post in there. (Something which im sure will be corrected soon.)
 
lol... Yeah I saw that coming 100 miles out.

Post will prolly be deleted but meh dont really care.

The corp was doing reasonably well when suddenly, there were whispers that upper management, IE council, wanted to enact some rules as to the way we could conduct ourselves within eve online.

Was this true? Dunno. I was more plugged in than most but never really found out. Thats because no one talked about it. When asked, DLs didnt know and council stayed quiet. This led to some mistrust. There was a rumor that we were going to be moved to another division. Something which every single member of ego hated the idea of. Was this ever confirmed or denied? Not for a very long time. This led to the image that the line members were no responsible enough to handle that kind of information. (not saying this is a fact, this is just how I, and other members felt.)

Then things just kept piling up higher and higher until a few members decided to form their own corporation, taking 9 of the 12 leadership members with them and almost the entirety of the eve corp with them as well.

After this an off color joke by me was blown out of proportion and my leadership was removed leaving no leadership within eve. Seeing that the eve division was just going to crumble from there on out, I packed my bags and left.

Another leader was moved to eve, one who basically was afk 90 percent of the time because of his two kids. Then eve was shut down because "there was no leadership representation."

I knew it was a matter of time before the forums disappeared as well. So if you want your answer. Flat out, there were/are a few members of council who simply did not think that eve fit well with the community. (Something which they openly said in leadership meetings and in ventrilo) Killing the eve forums was simply the final nail in the coffin. Btw you can still read the old forums if you know the link, you just cant post in there. (Something which im sure will be corrected soon.)

I would respond to this, but I'm not even going to waste my time trying to deflate an ego that is clearly inflated to an immeasurable degree.

With that said, I'm going to lock this thread.

Aneruen, if you'd like, please PM me on the forums and we can have a conversation about your concerns.

Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top