A Guide to Engineer

Scanty

I made one post
Joined
Mar 23, 2013
Messages
10
Hello Edgegamers!
Recently I made an Engineer guide, but I need to know if I did a good job or not. If you can spare a minute or two to check out my guide on my page that would be wonderful.
Thanks!
 
Ok, so I read the whole thing, and it has some really good information! I've never really played much engineer since I'm not all that good at it, so reading this will likely help me to get better.

As I said, there is a lot of good information, but it could use a looking over for spelling errors and grammar mistakes. No worries though, you just give it another once over when you get the time.

Other than that, I enjoyed reading it quite a bit!
 
As one who is known and feared as an Engie I find this guide a good start but not the different from other guides. You focus mostly on the arsenal of the engineer, not a bad thing but you only scratch the surface. The thing that truly separates a good Engineer from a great one that makes the opposing team curse is an engies ability to read the flow of battle and control it.

The Engineer class's main job is to control area on the map, this means they are the ones who can literally draw a line in the sand by either making a chokepoint with their sentry or bring their team to the front line with their teleporters.

Many engies just plop down their buildings with not much thought on how it will affect the battle besides kill some foes or prepare to hold back a push. Where with some thought they could see the enemy team pushing on a point and switch to gunslinger to help hold the point before sneaking behind the frontline to plop out a tele exit and give his team the chance to back cap the point drawing the enemy from theirs.

If you want to make a truly great guide look at all the different situations an Engie will face between the different map types and how they can control the flow of the battle with their guns and buildings.
 
"The gunslinger pairs well with any weapon, but try to avoid the wrangler as it is not really worth wrangling one of these tiny things."

False. I use this a lot, it works.

Basically, what Polish said. You are definitely covering the basics to the medium of what an engie should be, however, you are missing out on the most important factor: reading the battlefield. Your impenetrable defense could be destroyed in a second with a single class change on the part of the other team. The key to engie is to be able to read the battle and place your buildings in the most annoying place possible.

Other than that, not bad.

Oh, by the way, you aren't realizing the potential of the Pomson. While it does indeed have the least DPS, it doesn't have multiple pellets or a spread. If you hit, all the damage is done in full force. That is what makes the Pomson so OP.
 
Scanty & Kneesocks if you want to see what I mean by read and control the battlefield just add me on steam. I'll have you spec me and I'll tell you exactly how I see the flow of the fight and how I plan to control it with the carious guns in the Engineers arsenal.
 
Aye, pomson is like a shotgun with pistol accuracy, and when it crits, ooooh yummy. Also yeah I suggest you include more advanced things such as how to think strategically in building placement and how buildings relate to each other in different situations.
Also you forgot to explain how being a good engineer gets you ladies.
 
Now my life is even harder...why do you hate the pyro:(

Cause you don't take up the homewrecker and be a prybro to our buildings. The few times I've has a prybro as an Engie who really followed me around like a puppy smashing sappers, lighting up spys, blasting back rocks and stickies as well as uberd medics for me. Well lets just say that when you get a pryo that does all that for an Engineer you have just freed us of worry and now the opposing team has a force more scary then a heavy with an uber and a krit activated on him.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top