CS_ITALY: The Haters VS How it is played

arkitek

I made one post
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
10
Hey everyone, it's =(e)= ARKITEK!

I wanted to give my 2 cents on how CS_ITALY is meant to be played in accordance with the rules that eGO has in place for Code of Conduct and specific to CS_ITALY.

I see terrorists complaining and harassing good CT players simply because they get killed by them, stating that a CT good player should get banned for not having rescued the hostages. Well, one should not get banned for not having rescued the hostages if one has made an attempt to rescue them while resulting in the killing of all terrorists left on the map. For a CT to win the round, he must rescue the hostages and that can be made by possible by actually taking the hostages back to the extraction point or by killing all terrorists.

If a CT is the last of his team and he has 1:30 seconds to complete the objective of rescuing the hostages, he can take the 1:30 seconds to do so if he keeps pushing forward. It is not because you died at his hands for having decided to rush him and failed that he now must rush out into the open, pull a Leroy Jenkins and become an open target for any terrorist to get a free kill. There is such a thing as being competitive and a player should be allowed to take advantage of the time he has left to attemps to rescue the hostages.

I understand and support the idea that a CT should not be allowed to wait it out in the market, not making any attempt to push forward in rescuing the hostages and just waiting for terrorists to come and try to kill him. That CT obviously has the advantage of surprise and simply wants to bait the terrorists into coming to him...and that's where and when you empower this CT. The terrorists should not go and try to kill that CT in the market because once you've failed, you simply give that CT more reason to stay there, especially if it ends up giving him the win once he has killed at the terrorists. If the CT is able to win the round by pulling all terrorists to him and killing them one after the other...well, he just won the round. And, in my opinion, you have no right to complain.

I believe there are two ways of dealing with this situation. The first is to mount an offensive with the remaining terrorists and go kill him but that requires teamwork and good communication. The second is for all remaining terrorists to fall back to the hostages, protect them and wait for the CT to come for them. If the CT does not make an attempt, his teamates will let him know, an admin will be informed and that CT will get a warning (maybe further discipline will be given).

In my opinion, if you decide to rush into the area where the CT has barricaded himself, you are simply empowering his tactic that can result in him winning the round...don't do it. Yes, you will complain about his tactic but by you giving into it, you are simply acknowledging that his tactic does succeed...stop rushing in.

Pushing forward and attempting to complete the objective of rescuing the hostages does not imply that a CT must rush at all times, it does not imply that a CT must throw himself out in the open for you to get a kill...it only implies that a CT must use every tactic possible in pushing forward and attempt to rescue the hostages by either physically escorting them to an extraction point or killing all the terrorist WHILE pushing forward in that attempt.

The CTs have 3 minutes to complete the objective of rescuing the hostages...3 minutes is not a long wait even when you get killed in the first 20 secondes. Much of the complaining is done by terrorists that have been killed namy times or killed many times by the same CT. It is not because a CT is good and getting many kills that he is not attempting to complete the objective...

Relax
Have fun
Enjoy the game

arkitek ;)

PS: I am more often a Terrorist than a CT on ITALY...just so you know! But I am tired of all the complaining, especially from players that do not understand the concept of pushing forward, the concept of tactics and the concept of falling prey to a bait.
 
Last edited:
well said arkitek, T's should play more defense when it is later in the round. Some get in the rushing mindset and dont get out of it so they keep running around like pacman in his maze looking for lil cts to gobble up. Especially if the teams have wittled to 4v4, falling back and camping the house is the safest bet.
 
psh... your normally a terriost.. get better come play ct side :)

:-p
 
very true arkitek. In the past few days I have seen quite a bit of ct's camping spawn till the very last second even though the rules clearly state that you must be out by 2:15. I hope something can be done about this. It makes it almost impossible to complete the objective if everyone is camping spawn.
 
How often do you see a rant from someone who plays EZ mode cs_italy?

It takes ~= :30 seconds to get hosties from house to CT spawn. That is getting to the house at about ~=:40 second to follow server rules.

If I am last alive on Italy, I typically sit appt until :50 which usually thins out the terrorists for the epic rambo push to house.
 
Here's what I think. I mostly play cs_Italy. and 99.7% of the time I play on Counter-Terrorists. Everyone who plays cs_Italy knows that CTs have HUGE disadvantages weighing against them. Teams are constantly stacked; due to this, it often happens that half the CTs leave, leaving uneven teams; the map is in an inclined, forcing CTs to run uphill; AK vs. M4.

All this considered, T's constantly rush, forcing CTs to back up to try to contain the rush. This sometimes causes for some CTs to still be in spawn by the 2:15 mark. Ts don't always rush of course, and when they don't they're camping at strategist spots, which is okay. But I believe is unfair to expect CTs to rush out and become easy targets. Like Arkitek said, there are two ways CTs can win this map, rescuing hostages and killing all T's. Why can't CTs choose how to win the map?

I'm not saying is okay for CTs to not attempt the objective. They should. Who wants to play versus a bunch of campers, right? But sometimes, is not wise to do so. We are all looking to win, not die, eliminate as many enemies as possible, and if the opportunity presents itself, attempt the objective.

What should 3 CTs do, for example, vs 7 Ts? Try to be heroes and rescue the hostages? Or walk through the map, towards usual Ts camping spots, and get as many kills as possible before loosing? Yes, sometimes 3 bad ass CTs defeat 7 Ts, but is not common. How often do you say start playing CSS to attempt objectives? How often do you start playing CSS to get as many kills as possible?

As you can see, I disagree somewhat with the rules as applied to cs_Italy simply because of the disadvantages a team has from the very beginning. But as a rule-abiding eGo member, I try to follow the rules.
 
I don't join Terrorist and grab a Scout and rush far side, killing a few CTs then rush CT spawn and kill the AFKs so I get a higher score, then pick up an M4 and make my way through Market then Apartments.

No no. Nooo sireee that's not how I play >_>
 

Latest posts

Back
Top