What's the story behind your name?

Ryder =FL=

Famous
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
557
I thought it would be very interesting to get the story on how we came up with each of our names online. So, if you got the time and would like to post it up do so...I'm interested and I bet some of our fellow clansmen/women are too!!!

As for the story behind mine. Well, I love Transformers. Watched it growing up and one of the factions in the show is a group called the Targetmasters which were humanoids in exosuits that would transform into the Transformers' weapons. That explains the Targetmaster portion. As for the Ryder portion, well I used to like this rap group called the Ruff Ryders and so I took Ryder up and it stuck ever since.
 
IDK.. I jsut used it once on Halo and have kept it ever since. It is my name on every singe internet and game! lol
 
Back at the end of higschool 99ish....

I drove a Sentra Se-R equipped with nitrous.... I'm chinese...someone coined china-on-nitrous.

I got into raves..and enjoying nitrous in a baloon....the name really stuck.
 
I liked playing as rain in ultimate mortal kombat 3. Had it ever since.
 
Me, my name means the following underlining story ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
jniscool.. Jeremy Notheisz is cool. do you guys get it.LOL. i made it up when i was 12 and it has made everything easy for me. One username for my primary email, one username for videogames. It all circulates to one box. Its also easy to remember.
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

The Norse God of Thunder, and arguably the ONLY god many Norsemen ever worshiped. He was a very humble Warrior God who conquers all of his enemies until Ragnorok (The Norse Apocalypse).

Some cool facts about Thor...
  • Thor once ate an entire ox in one sitting.
  • Thor once dressed as a woman and married a Giant to retrieve his stolen Hammer, Mjolnir.
  • Thor has a popular comic written about him, appropriately titled The Mighty Thor.
  • Thor is the English Translation of the original name, Donar, a variation of Donar is Donner which is a map in DoD:S that I happen to find incredibly boring.
  • If Thor is hungry he can eat his goats, Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr, when he is finished he can put the bones back together and they come back to life.
  • Thor once had many buildings, landmarks, and towns named after him that were destroyed after the Christianization of the British Isles and the Nordlands. (There are a few still there).
  • Norse Paganism in general, (Not just Thor), saw the creation of many current fantasy species. Elfs, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Trolls, Dragons, Manbearpigs, and Goblins

I can list some more if you want me to, I'm just too lazy at the moment.
 
I laugh a lot. And I'm an ass.


Been using the name since 97 or so. There are real life friends that I would not bet money on knowing my real name off the top of their head.
 
I actually don't remember how I came up with my name. I changed it about 6 or 7 years ago when I was 11 from "tylerdude" (my first name followed by 'dude') since I felt "tylerdude" sounded lame. Anyways, I've just used it for almost every screen name and in game name since.
 
I know most people hear dont even get my name, apparently, but in-game its Mein Kamphy Chair, and there's really no story behind it. -_- I just got the idea from a kinda similar name I saw in Wulfenstein: ET, and it stuck. o_O

Those who get my name generally find it hilarious, but like I said, apparently not many people do get it. =\
 
In most games i use the name Hiro. I've used that ever since ive been playing internet games. Although for Huma, i was reading a book called "The Legend of Huma" and i loved it. He was really just about everything i wanted to be, so i used his name. Not much to it. You should all read the book btw.
 
[quote1198416980=Mr Chair]
I know most people hear dont even get my name, apparently, but in-game its Mein Kamphy Chair, and there's really no story behind it. -_- I just got the idea from a kinda similar name I saw in Wulfenstein: ET, and it stuck. o_O

Those who get my name generally find it hilarious, but like I said, apparently not many people do get it. =\
[/quote1198416980]

It really, really makes me sad that people don't get your name. American ejumicashun FTL!
 
My name came from the series of books by douglas adams. HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy. They were disussing the entry in the guide about earth. and the entry for earth used to be "Harmless". Now it reads "Mostly Harmless" Its not funny unless you read the books or see the movie.
 
Mine is pretty obvious , NYPD = New York City Police Department (I am retired Police Officer), Sharpshooter = I am a sharpshooter with just about any type, make or model pistol and have won many awards over the years.
 
I am an big time Yankee fan. Out of 162 games a year I probably watch about 130 of them. I am borderline crazy when it comes to the Yankees. (and yes I hate anyone that lives in or near Boston)
 
well. i used to play Battlefield 2142, my name there was Lt.majorcrunch. so people would call me crunch, then it went to munch n crunch. then it was just munch. lol
 
Well, I had 2 names before this and I didnt like them, so one day back in Donner on DoDs, I was playing with another member "The cake is a lie" (yes, that was his name, wayyy before portal came out, dont ask, I have no idea how he knew of it before it came out) and a guy joined the game named "Target Security", and either me or him said it would be funny if I changed my name to Wal-Mart Security, so after a couple of days of thinking about it, I changed it. Glad I did :D
 
Last edited:
Tried to think of a good name back in the Quake I days, was a Frank Zappa fan. So my choices were Illinois Enema Bandit, St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast, Hot Rats, Peaches en Regalia, or Sheik Yerbouti, and thought that Sheik Yerbouti was the best, been using it ever since (roughly 1997).
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top