What's the story behind your name?

First time I heard "Master of Puppets" by Metallica back in 97, I was hooked. Song got me playing bass, guitar, singing, into metallica, metal, and music as a whole.
 
[quote1198476046=masterofpuppets]
First time I heard "Master of Puppets" by Metallica back in 97, I was hooked. Song got me playing bass, guitar, singing, into metallica, metal, and music as a whole.
[/quote1198476046]

He is also the Master, and we are his Puppets. You may think you have free will in eGO, but you don't!

MOPISGREATMOPISGREAT!

Hey! Stop making me say that you bully! I oug...

THORSUCKS!

Oh that's it! This isn't happe...

MYNAMEISTHORANDILIKELIVERANDONIONS!

I do not! Take that back!
 
Mine is based from the good ol days during the original half-life days, my dad (baddog) and my friend (tubmaster) and I would all sit and LAN it up every night, we all had our different tactics, mine was to take them out with me. It really pissed off my dad which was well worth the death because he takes his ratio so seriously, so that became my playing style.
 
I chose my name because it translates into "destroyer". I don't really care to say where I found it, cause people always tend to think I've gone off the deep end. If you know where the name comes from, I only chose it because of the translation, not because of any particular orientation or philosophy.
 
[quote1198510888=Thor]
[quote1198476046=masterofpuppets]
First time I heard "Master of Puppets" by Metallica back in 97, I was hooked. Song got me playing bass, guitar, singing, into metallica, metal, and music as a whole.
[/quote1198476046]

He is also the Master, and we are his Puppets. You may think you have free will in eGO, but you don't!

MOPISGREATMOPISGREAT!

Hey! Stop making me say that you bully! I oug...

THORSUCKS!

Oh that's it! This isn't happe...

MYNAMEISTHORANDILIKELIVERANDONIONS!

I do not! Take that back!
[/quote1198510888]

....Thor ol' buddy, I got you something for Christmas.

060905_ritalin_vlg_9a.widec.jpg
 
Mine is the spanish for Neophyte (n) - a novice or beginner. The only name that I've ever used. And that's what I felt when I played TFC for the first time and be snipped, gunned, and chopped. Felt totally "neophyte"....
 
"Dr. Ransom."

Well, Ransom is a name I've been using as an alias for a while now on different gaming sites. That came about because I named my cat Ransom. Why did I name my cat Ransom? I'm not entirely sure, to be honest--Ransom is just a cool word, I find, and has a lot of good meaning to it.

As for the Doctor, that too has a couple of parts to it. Firstly, there was already someone named Ransom when I registered. "Mr. Ransom" sounds silly, and I sure as smeg am not going to be "Ransom498." Also, I tend to be the medic, so it's only appropriate... Plus, in real life, I intend to be a professor someday. Yeah, too much thought involved. I know.
 
I love these origin stories. Kinda like finding out how Peter Parker became Spiderman you know?
 
Got my name from a Random name generator, used it ever since.

And John, yes... yes he is the greatest drummer of all time... Moby Dick ftw
 
First off, this name is my oldest 'nickname' that I use..... (currently use about 6)

Started out as Marvin, favorite cartoon char (started when I was like 5)

Added Dr because this is my intended profession.

Had to add more 'cause I ran into places that already had DrMarvin...So I added 42 (you shouldnt have to ask where this came from)
 
I don't have an interesting story about how Fangar came about, although I am noticing that while it's a nice MMO name, it seems a little out of place in an FPS.

I get questions like, "What's a Fangar anyway?"
So I should have come up with something different for TF2, but this has been my 'net name for at least 6 years.

I was playing Lineage 1 at the time and sat staring at the character generation screen trying for an hour to come up with something interesting. I was just putting random sounds together in my head and this stuck and the rest is history.
 
my current name (fejorc@) is just the initials of my whole name (FErnando JOse ORozco CAsadiego), I just added the @ because a friend go nuts when he saw this nick in a server and he tought I was a girl (lol!), I currently use in Lineage II other nicks: PHEX_FX, Kiretsu, Kreliac, Krankor, Katarami and Kijaro.
 
okay...

I love giraffes. I love also winter. So, my name is WinterGiraffe, but I come from finland. Winter is in finland ''Talvi'' and Giraffe is in Finland ''Kirahvi''. So, it's TalviKirahvi
 
Mine's easy for those who know comic books.

Groo the Wanderer (read more at [link=hyperlink url]http://www.povonline.com/Groo.htm[/link]) is only one of the best comic books out there made by the fastest cartoonist (Sergio Aragones). I've been using that as my gaming name since the old Bolo and Marathon days circa 1993.

-Groo
 
um. if anyone watched the show Portal off of old G4TV(games for tv) there was a show that used computer characters as characters, and one b.a. was named "The Drifter" yes. im super nerd
 
My name is taken from the coolest video game character ever created... unfortunaley he was kill in the same level he was introduced by a sniper... I hated snipers and loved the character so it is now my purpouse to kill all the snipers I possibly can then go out in a blaze of glory! The character is from gears of war by the way. Man I hate snipers, shooting you from far away before you can kill them and destroying any sentries that are built in plain sight.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top