What's the story behind your name?

Well the story about my name was inspired by my personal hero and favorite scientists that went to MIT and the only scientist to make a great accomplishment without saying a word!
A true hero, and i heard he was a good shot w/ a gun.
 
My name, well back in high school I found a fascination with German culture, I found my self studing the german language, via reading German, and listening to German Music I.E Rammstein OOMPH!! E-Nomine, and Various others. While I don't speak it, I can very well understand it, meaning if some one were to speak to me in German I would understand key phraes, and be able to reply in English. My name translates into The (Die) Elite (Auslese), I figured I'll use it since Elite or rather Auslese is a very uncommen German word. Gets around those -this name is already in use- bits..
 
[quote1199086214=Hiphoppopatomus]
I have a huge sense of humor and one day over the internet I stumble across this video of the group called Flight of the Conchords. They were some dry humor and this had this one song called "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" I loved this band and I just ouldn't help but take the name the of Hiphop-popatomus. That dash is for most people who need a hint to take the joke. :-p I'm still waiting for the a Rhymenoceros.
[/quote1199086214]
Yo, did'nt I surgest that name, since your old name was which you used for A LONG TIME was Absent Light.
This guy is practically my bro!
 
Excellent thread! I've really enjoyed everyone's history.

I came up with my nick for playing on MUDs back in the early 90's. I wanted something that was unique and since I grew up being a huge fan of westerns and gunfights, it seemed good. Used the name ever since.

(Although, I've seen others using it and even though it is disappointing, I make myself feel better by saying "imitation is the highest form of flattery" . . hehehe)

Keep those stories coming!

6.
 
Officer Friendly is a program that ran in the states for a few years where police officers would go into schools to meet kids and help them become comfortable with the police. I love the name since I am extremely sarcastic and I love when someone goes "Officer... you are not very friendly..)
 
i dunno if i said this already....

do you remember in the move.. "THE MASK" where he jumped outta window of an apartment building and gets up and blows that little bicycle horn at the car thats honking at him? it went.... "AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" and blew the windshield out... it was kewl!
 
Well when I was making a profile in super smash bros melee a few years ago, the word "Lido" came into my head out of nowhere. After a while I put a "vix" on the end to get "Lidovix". I used that for a few years in all my games. The reason I have "vexer" on the end instead of "vix" is that my friends always teased my name every time I killed them by saying "LidoVEXED". Kinda stuck after a while.
 
Mine's not complicated. I like monkeys. Monkeys are funny. So, when I started playing CS:S, I became Monkeyboy. In playing TF2, I frequently found myself in small pieces after receiving unwanted attention from soldiers and demomen, and at the suggestion of Dangerdad and Bubbles, my name became Monkeybits.
 
Hmmm...lemme see if I can find it...
My last name is 13 letters long and French, and even by French standards is difficult to pronounce; so, we've always had a family nickname. With my grandfather, it used to be Molly. For my dad, it became Moose, and stuck. I'm the only one in the family that uses it anymore, but it's agreed that I'm the most fitting to the name.
 
I play a lot of Armored Core, its a sweet game i've played it since i was about 7 or 8. And my friend said that the way i would just laugh as i blew the crap out of things, reminded him of a jester. Stuck with it ever since.
 
Well I just chose this name for css because it was so gentric that I figured no one used it(still have yet to meet anyone with my name) also what I found is that something I kill noobs while others thing I am a noob. Plus something I relized is that people always type Thanks noob then relized how that sounded and say Thanks Noobkiller
 
Well i really dont know, but i think it was because i played Prince of Persia, and really liked the character. So i decided to be a prince. As for Abu, i think its a funny/cool name so i added it. I used the name in City of Villains and was complimented several times on the originality of it. So i decided to make it my permanent gamertag.
 
Back in middle school when I hung out with a wannabe gangster, he was into graffiti and his favorite thing to write was FT. So he said I should make one up and so i thought of GT and i guess GHOST just fit in with GT.

I'm happy i stopped hagging out with that kid, he was always getting into trouble.
 
I use to play with the name Bill..... cause my name is Bill. But then i was playin one day and watchin the movie suicide kings ,,,, WALKIN RULES. so i changed the name and have stuck with it since
 
i'm in the process of finishing up med school, and one of the things we learned about are metastases, which are advanced stage cancers... by the time they're found, you're usually out of luck.
 
Blood brothers album cover-
3acf1363ada03cec63ebe010._.L.jpg
 
That's creepy YoungMachete lol. Thats okay though.

I was actually trying to think of a World of Warcraft name for a Rouge (you know stabs people in the back) And I ended up trying Stib and it worked. It's short, easy to say, easy to spell, four letters, and no one else has it (I think :) )

Also my in-game Avatar came from this

[link=http://www.retrocomputing.net/racconti/umor/coniglio/pandora.beptuui.html]Bunnies[/link]
 
I have at last count somewhere above 30 aliases for different games and usually when I start a new game I like some sort of slight anonymity.
I always liked ninjas. And nothing struck me as funnier than a chicken doing martial arts. Hence ninja chicken was born. I never played under that very much even though i had used it on and off from '98 and so I started TF2 with this particular handle. In my gaming experience I've found that I prefer a more fun and entertaining name. Who wants to be killed by a Ninja Chicken?
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top