What do you guys think?

frantic.^

Famous
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
472
Hey everyone,

Two good friends and I produced our first track together recently, and we'd love some positive criticism! Please - tell us what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/ghost_horse-1/ghost-horse-gallop

^ This is the link ^

And for those of you who might notice, our track is based on an amazing Yann Tiersen piece called Comptine D'un Autre ?t? L'apr?s-midi
 
Last edited:
Not bad. It's a little repetitive, but it seems like that's what you're shooting for. Polished production, though =)
 
I really love that pad running through the song and everything sits very nicely in the mix, you've got yourself a follower or two! If you don't mind me asking, what program did you use to make it?
 
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the feedback! Dodgy I used Ableton to make it. Just followed you (and friend?) back :)

I see the Static Hicks account has done remixes...Do you know anything about isolating/removing vocals from a track? I've always wanted to learn how to sample vocals without bringing the whole mix with it :/
 
Well I don't know a lot about isolating vocals from a track, I know you need to find an instrumental version and match the songs waveforms to cancel the sound of the instruments which depending on how well they match up can be pretty effective. That or if you're looking to do vocal remixes of random songs or not hugely popular songs then you can either find various downloads/purchase vocal tracks or you can use remixcomps.com to find a nice track you want to remix and possibly win some cool stuff/promotions.
 
Hey thanks Dodgy! I checked out remixcomps.com. Seems like a much easier solution to remixing than learning professional vocal removal. I think it will be great practice, and maybe if i'm lucky I might win a small one or something! Pretty exciting stuff.

If you have any interest I'll probably be submitting one for this one:
http://stateofmind.fm/blog/contest-remix-stutter/
 

Latest posts

Back
Top