- Joined
- Jul 8, 2009
- Messages
- 4,834
And with great news! (At least for me)
My disappearance in August did not go unnoticed (or so I hope at least ;_; ). August marked the beginning of marching band for me. Long, grueling, 12 hour days in the blazing Texas heat (come at me Australia ily seph). August and September flew by, with 2 hour rehearsals every day after school and homework to keep a VP busy. Octobor hit, and the weekends were whisked away by marching band competitions. Sweeping the contests we went to, my band quickly flew through the contests. We performed moderately okay at the Bands of America Super Regionals, placing in finals, but not placing quite like I'd had hoped. We continued to work for Grand Nationals, and we left last Wednesday for nationals. 18 hours on a charter bus sucks, and I hope none of you have to go through that. Ever.
We managed to make it to the finals at last, and took home a solid middle placing in the finals bands. To top it off, there was an amazing retreat at the end with an awesome video that the BOA staff put together, and it was just a great season all around. With marching season finally at a close, I can relax for another 7 months before marching again. It's good to be back.
P.S. I left two pictures out for minor confidentiality from the public. PM me on steam if you wanna see an awesome field shot.
The Lucas Oil Stadium we performed at (3 TIMES!)
Some sweet merchandise
And to bring it on home...
My disappearance in August did not go unnoticed (or so I hope at least ;_; ). August marked the beginning of marching band for me. Long, grueling, 12 hour days in the blazing Texas heat (come at me Australia ily seph). August and September flew by, with 2 hour rehearsals every day after school and homework to keep a VP busy. Octobor hit, and the weekends were whisked away by marching band competitions. Sweeping the contests we went to, my band quickly flew through the contests. We performed moderately okay at the Bands of America Super Regionals, placing in finals, but not placing quite like I'd had hoped. We continued to work for Grand Nationals, and we left last Wednesday for nationals. 18 hours on a charter bus sucks, and I hope none of you have to go through that. Ever.
We managed to make it to the finals at last, and took home a solid middle placing in the finals bands. To top it off, there was an amazing retreat at the end with an awesome video that the BOA staff put together, and it was just a great season all around. With marching season finally at a close, I can relax for another 7 months before marching again. It's good to be back.
P.S. I left two pictures out for minor confidentiality from the public. PM me on steam if you wanna see an awesome field shot.
The Lucas Oil Stadium we performed at (3 TIMES!)
Some sweet merchandise
And to bring it on home...























