Doctor Who Fans of the TF2 Division...

I'm actually kinda hoping that the Doctor's newest regeneration will be the last and the show will end. They'd have to break a bunch of canon to figure out a way for him to regenerate again.
 
Well, it's hard to say what will happen at this point. We've seen how the Master was attempting to use the Eye of Harmony to gain extra regenerations.

That being said, with the 50th Anniversary, I would say that anything is game as they just brought Gallifrey from being destroyed to frozen in a moment of time.
 
they just brought Gallifrey from being destroyed to frozen in a moment of time.

Have to be honest. I don't care for that decision. Remember the episode where Rose Tyler goes back and saves her dad and those things show up and start eating everything? That was because one person that was supposed to die ended up living. In this episode we had all 13 doctors in the same place at the same time saving billions of people that should be dead. No consequences? He doesn't even remember? Makes no sense.

I did like how they worked the fourth doctor in at the end, though. He's the one I remember as a kid. Overall a good episode, but I don't like the whole saving Gallifrey thing.
 
I'm actually kinda hoping that the Doctor's newest regeneration will be the last and the show will end. They'd have to break a bunch of canon to figure out a way for him to regenerate again.
They already broke canon. The canon is that Time Lords can only regenerate 12 times, and Matt Smith is actually the 12th doctor. Since Peter Capaldi has already been shown to be the thirteenth, I don't expect him to ever actually die.

When I first heard that Gallifrey was supposed to have been destroyed, I always expected them to work their way around that and somehow let Gallifrey survive. It was a given. That being said, I also expect Trenzalore to not be the Doctor's grave. They're going to work their way around that too.
 



I feel that they're going to do something like working around the whole "12 regenerations" and throw in a 13th Doctor (or should I say 14th Doctor...). He'll stay for a bit and the series will die off just like it did in the 90s.

Speaking of which, I hate hate hate what they did with McGann to Hurt's "regeneration". I do not see why they didn't just make McGann the War Doctor and have him in the 50th. He seemed perfectly fine with this, and even joked about it on his Twitter. My theory is that they put Hurt in there for some extra cash, and throw some more pizzazz in to the special because "hey, we've got a big-time Hollywood actor in our special, now watch our special episode and buy 3D tickets!"

In conclusion, I loved McGann's Doctor and wish he was actually in the 50th instead of Hurt. This would also patch up the giant bleeding wound of the 8th Doctor's reign, as it was mostly made up of PROSEs and audio-episodes.

And one huge problem that still has not the slightest slice of solution is this:
BARROWMAN.

HE WAS NOT THERE AND THEY HAVEN'T REBOOTED "TORCHWOOD".
STILL AT A GIANT CLIFFHANGER AFTER MIRACLE DAY.
 
dDxe9bk.jpg
 
Bottom line: The canon has been shot to hell in a hundred different ways over the course of the show, but I'm OK with it. The show is awesome and I hope it lasts another 50 years and 13 more regenerations. It's the ultimate loophole for a never ending show. Whenever a supporting cast member gets old or is just done with the show you write them off. Whenever the main character gets old or is just done you kill him off and there's a built in mechanism to have another actor step in without missing a beat. Same with writers. If your head writer is ready to move on kill off the character and start fresh with a new writer and nobody will bat an eye at the sudden change of character in the main character. OK, that got away from me a bit, but you get what I'm saying. I don't know if I'll be ready for this show to end any time in the near future.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top