This is Shocking

Cubey

Active Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
345
This got to be the most shocking thing I seen in these past two months, or more.

There is this website called "MetaCritic". It is the total average of all respected gaming critic websites, such as PCGamer, GameSpot, GameSpy, and so forth. It is big list. The highest rated PC Games by MetaCritic are Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and Bioshock at a near perfect 9.6, though this is not a surprise for these games - after all when Half-Life appeared it won every single game-of-the-year award at tha time.

But I was interested to see what are the highest rated games on MetaCritic not by the critics but by the players; as this is often a good measurement of figuring which which game is good too. In other words, the highest average player score. There are three games tied at #1 spot all with a 9.5 average score. Guess what one of those games are?

Day of Defeat!

Yes. I could not believe it. This is not based on one or two player votes, this is an average based on over 700 votes. It is pretty amazing that DOD is rated as the top game by player-votes.
 
DoD is a niche game, the grand public will most likely ignore it, but it was have avid and dedicated fans in return. This is why a new DoD might not release, it does not have mass appeal. It's a great game for a specific group of people.
 
DoD is a niche game, the grand public will most likely ignore it, but it was have avid and dedicated fans in return. This is why a new DoD might not release, it does not have mass appeal. It's a great game for a specific group of people.



Just glad I'm a specific group of people...
 
The cool hipsters play DoD:S :)

So people who don't play DoD:S are...

tumblr_ls96wi7Dop1qfu7u5o1_500.jpg
 
They should just release DLC's and call it Day of Defeat: Source 2. I'd be happy and quite content, but until then Valve has lost a lot of respect points from me.
 
I'd like to point out that those ratings are for the classic DoD, and not source.
I'd argue that they are two entirely different games, and have little relation to each other (probably just the name and setting). Don't get me wrong, DoD:s is good, just not much like the old one.

But anyway. I'll use this for a shameless come play classic with me plug. I play quite a bit still, leagues and crap. PM me if you ever want to play for nostalgia/experiencing the olden days/fun.
 
They should just release DLC's and call it Day of Defeat: Source 2. I'd be happy and quite content, but until then Valve has lost a lot of respect points from me.

Some people I know have been trying to use the CS:GO game to re-mod it into a new DOD game. I am not sure how much success they will have but remember that the original DOD game was fan-made.
 
Some people I know have been trying to use the CS:GO game to re-mod it into a new DOD game. I am not sure how much success they will have but remember that the original DOD game was fan-made.

That would be sick because cs:GO is really smooth and actually has decent reg.
 
They should just release DLC's and call it Day of Defeat: Source 2. I'd be happy and quite content, but until then Valve has lost a lot of respect points from me.

Red Orchestra 2 is pretty much a new version of DoD. Just play that :thumbup1:
 
Back
Top