Some Computer Problems

gimpy17

Rookie
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
95
So, my computer is having some problemos, its weird, something I've never seen before. I turn it on, all the lights turn on, the keyboard lights are on, my mouse lights are on, the fans turn on, everything. Basically it starts up as normal, but my monitor doesn't receive anything from the computer. The monitor turns on but just idles. I switched out monitors and I got the same problem. My brother is convinced my gfx card is out, but sometimes the computer will randomly start to work if I leave it on for a while, and it works fine. Then I turn it off, and when I turn it back on again, same problem. Or if I let the computer idle for a while, the same problem starts up again.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before, maybe its the power supply, I don't know, and before I drop a buttload of money on a gfx card, I want to see what you think. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Gimpy
 
Gimpy,
It sounds like a graphics card issue to me, but im no specialist lol. We do offer a tech support section within are community on for the forums.

Click HERE

They will be able to help you so you can get your system up and going again.. Best of luck!
 
I actually did have this problem a little bit back with my Dads computer, we thought it was the power supply but we couldn't really test that out. Whenever it would actually start up completely there was no lag or anything, the computer ran flawlessly. We ended up buying a new computer, but I'm sure someone can help you out in the Tech Forums lmao.
 
this is an input/output issue. it sounds like the communications are being interrupted and the devices aren't receiving the communications needed to function properly. everything in your pc talks to each other and if something is faulty, can interrupt your whole sync process.

in example, i replaced a mother board once and because i screwed in the screws too tight near the USB hubs on the mother board, the USB ports would not work. the screw interfered in communications to the usb hubs. this halted my whole computer at POST with usb errors.


this could be an issue with your graphics or it could be an issue with a failing power source, not giving enough power to your video card. without specs or tests, this thread is a sitting duck.
 
Back
Top