Msg to all pet owners

Angoron

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
226
So my dog got put down today because of aggressive bone cancer in his leg :(
The good part was he was a rescue who had been abused, and we gave him a good home for 8 years.

My message to all pet owners: Go give your pet a big hug, or a big kiss, and always love them like family because they won't always be there :'(
 
I always wanted a dog (German sheperd + golden retreiver) but i never got one :(
I am sorry about your dog mate :'(
 
Aw man that's horrible, I know how you feel. A few months ago we had to put my beautiful 10 year old doberman down because he had lumps all over the place and he started to just lay around the house and cry. The vet said he had stomach problems and had less than a month left so we had to put him out of his pain. Just think about the great life you gave your pup and how much he brought your family together :) I'd love to see any pictures you have of him.

View attachment 7318

Here's my festive quality dooger just as he began to get sick. You can see some of the bumps on his paws/side of his chest. He always loved when we dressed him up and played with him. His name was Carson :blush:
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry, man ;~;

I took your advice, though. Spent half an hour petting my cat while he laid on my chest and purred.

Lowered my blood pressure, too. Always helps.
 
Sorry for your loss, Angoron. :(

I can't imagine losing my cat. I'll cherish each moment with her, just as I'm sure you cherish all those moments with your dog.
 
My dog was my best friend when i was growing up. I had him cremated when he died. My cat is a sterile feral that we adopted. Sorry for your loss. I love animals.
 
Sorry Angoron, you're right you gave that dog a good home.
 
I always do my best to hug my kitty... gives me peace of mind when some of my past gerbils lead long happy lives, that's all you can ask for really. Sorry angoron 8 years is great for a doggy :)
 
Sorry Angoron. I had a dog from about the age of 5 until I was 13. Sweet dog, but because we couldn't be with him all year 'round (we travel a lot) we gave him away. Poor thing, first thing his new owner did was neuter him. I loved every minute I had with that dog, so again, I'm really sorry about your doggeh.
 
Thanks for the responses guys. Just love your doggies and kitties and fishes. They're the best kind of friends. I have my last final today so I can probably play tf2 early today :)
 
Sorry for your loss bro. It hurts putting an animal down
 
Sorry about your loss, I know what that feels like, last year I lost my cherished cat to cancer mine was scheduled to be put down but did not make it through the night and he died in my arms.

always love them like family because they won't always be there :'(

This is the best advice for pet owners ^^^^ it makes me smile when I think about him. All the good memories you can create with a pet!
 
I am old enough to be on our (married 27 years) set of pets. Unfortunately, of our first 5, three met tragic ends, one just disappeared (but was quiet old) and the last one also got cancer and had to be put down.

Of our 'replacement' cats, a brother and sister adopted in 1997, only the sister is still with us, and she is, sad to say, not too far behind her brother, Magic, who quit eating in April (right after I was laid off - April was fun) and had to be put down.

479966_10151330940922191_1845610857_n.jpg

Magic

Our 'replacement' dog (I don't say replacement to be cold, they were just adopted soon after our first animals passed) I had to put down in May. We had a great day together, and I could see her youthful spirit, but I had to be compassionate and not let my feelings prolong her suffering. It was a good day.

486723_10151025007847191_1584650132_n.jpg
CorysLastWalk.jpg

Cory

We currently have two rescues (Boston Terriers) and my Boston, Oscar is 10, and that is old for a Boston. The other Boston has adopted my youngest son as his owner.

1009790_10151476352087191_45622944_n.jpg

Oscar

We have a red Boston that we have been fostering for almost a year. I am not sure he will ever adjust to normal life after spending 2 years in a kennel as a stud at a puppymill. His name is 'Red' if anyone is interested and he would be a great dog for a woman that can spend time with him. Here is Red's facebook page.

Scraps is a 3 year old Schnoodle, we got from my mother-in-law. He was the runt and she gave him to us. He is a great little dog, and he is my wife's dog.

285423_10151026247577191_1699164874_n.jpg

Scraps

Finally, BK (Barney Killer, Barn Kitty, Basement Kitty). He is a large tabby that won't come out of the basement, accept at night and only if you are the only one awake and there are no dogs around. He is about 13, overweight and and friendly, under the previously mentioned conditions. :)

Thanks for this thread, and sorry for your loss.

freshmeathead
(let me know if the images don't show up. most are on facebook, and I may not have set them all to public.)
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this, But you are right... I treat my dog like family every moment he's around. A Dog waits and depends on you. With a short lifespan, every day should be a good day for them.

I hope you keep your dog in your heart always, I don't know what happens after this life, but I expect to see all my pets that passed after I do.

Keep your Chin up!
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top