English Speaking Servers?

Soupy

Soup Kitchen
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
1,561
I always understood that are servers are English only. Was on Dustbowl and I believed that a player was using profanity in German. I explained that our servers were English only. Am I wrong? He ignored me and said I wasn't an admin anyways. How should I handle this type of situation? next time?
 
Get one of us on steam or vent or in team chat type"# we need an admin", profanity is still profanity and I know I've admin people cursing in Spanish in the past.
 
If I'm in TF2 or ingame if it this happens again just send me a PM ASAP, maseratis given some good advice. Could always add some friendly Gs and Os you are familiar with and like on your friends list.

You are not in the wrong so do not fret, you did as best you could with what you knew at the time.
 
Our servers are NOT english only, and using Russian, German, Spanish, ect is not against the rules. That being said, if people are chattering away in foreign languages over voicechat it can be disruptive. If it is in text chat, I often slap their words into google translate so I can make sure they aren't being abusive under the radar.
 
Our servers are NOT english only, and using Russian, German, Spanish, ect is not against the rules. That being said, if people are chattering away in foreign languages over voicechat it can be disruptive. If it is in text chat, I often slap their words into google translate so I can make sure they aren't being abusive under the radar.

Sanctified is correct. We allow other languages, but not if they are dominating voice chat. If they are dominating, and I mean dominating, voice, you can mute them and explain to them as needed.

In regards to not being an admin: as was said, you can put a # in team chat to send a message to all admins across any of our TF2 servers. If no one responds, or you would rather get someone directly, steam friends and ventrilo are both excellent places to get in touch with admins. There are people on at just about any time of the day, whether it be late at night or the middle of the day.
 
I assume you're referring to kilroy.

He's done this before. Unless you absolutely know that it's profanity, just don't bother. Kilroy has a bunch of german phrases on binds.
 
Back
Top