Dabes Anime Go Players?

Silligan

Active Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
308
Considering this is the Dabes Anime division, I was wondering if we have any Go players? I'm looking for a new Go buddy to play with, I need to get back into practice before I go back to my club next month.

EDIT: And if there's anyone here who knows about it and wants to learn, I'd be happy to teach!
 
I've played Go about 3 times, and not enough to know if I'm good or bad at it.

For those that don't know what it is:
GobanPic.jpg
 
Hahaha I should've explained what it was. It's a Japanese board game that's approximately 4,000 years old (some say the oldest board game that exists). It's based on strategy, each player takes a turn putting a stone on the board. The board starts empty and each player takes turns placing stones on the intersections. The aim of the game is to surround intersections (territory), at the end of the game, the person with the most territory wins. Hikaru no Go is an anime/manga all about Go, so if you want to check it out, it's very entertaining.

EDIT: Ezekiel, we should play sometime!
 
I have read a few volumes of Hilary no Go. Cannot remember how far I got, but that's probably because game/sports manga don't keep my attention for too long. Heh.

I don't remember much about how to play the game, but maybe I will try it out.
 
OOOOOH I used to play this a lot when I was a kid.

I don't remember the rules at all.
 
Last edited:
Hahaha I should've explained what it was. It's a Japanese board game that's approximately 4,000 years old (some say the oldest board game that exists). It's based on strategy, each player takes a turn putting a stone on the board. The board starts empty and each player takes turns placing stones on the intersections. The aim of the game is to surround intersections (territory), at the end of the game, the person with the most territory wins. Hikaru no Go is an anime/manga all about Go, so if you want to check it out, it's very entertaining.

EDIT: Ezekiel, we should play sometime!

So it's kind of like Othello? We used to play that all the time when I was younger... and I would get my butt handed to me. Every. Single. Time. I'm like Inigo Montoya - I have no gift for strategy. ;)
 
So it's kind of like Othello? We used to play that all the time when I was younger... and I would get my butt handed to me. Every. Single. Time. I'm like Inigo Montoya - I have no gift for strategy. ;)

It's similar to Othello but the idea and form of play is different. Go is much more complicated and takes time to learn well. The rules are very simple (about 4 rules I think) but the actual play and learning how to win is hard. The rules are, no moving a stone once it's placed (when beginning it's alright to take back a move), no putting stones in an eye (I'll explain that another time)...that's pretty much it...I might remember the rest later....

As for anyone who is interested in playing, message me and I'd be happy to play! I'll explain everything more in depth.
 
Thought you meant.. CS:GO..... dunno what the board game thingy is....... Ill stick to my Killer/Kinder bunnies.
 
Back
Top