Au reviour Magus

DeeLuxxed

Dabes Spah
=(e)=
Joined
Jun 29, 2012
Messages
1,026
Hey guys -

First of all, I would like to apologize in advance for the melodramatic-ness in this thread, but this is more of a gift to my friend.

Today I was talking over Facebook to a good long-distance friend, named Jeremy. You may know him as Magus. We got onto the conversation of EdgeGamers, and how he feels very sorry for leaving the Gaming Organization he dedicated a lot to for over a year without a trace, not even a goodbye. To copy and paste: "I miss everyone there, and I feel bad for leaving so suddenly. I got into a couple arguments and disagreements with people, which really pushed me over the edge (no pun intended), and I left that night."
He also told me it was a number of things that drove him to leave. One of which was growing tired and bored of TF2 (which is what sparked the whole Sandvich thing, in hopes of finding a new interest in the game), lack of time to focus on other things, and some other things I have edited out for the sake of niceties.

And finally, lets remind ourselves of Magus's legacies to this division. Magus was the non-official leader to the Recruitment Host's for over half a year, and held the title to the second largest pool of recruits in the entire Organization, with only Lucas15 beating him out for first place. Additionally, Magus was a key aspect in the creation of Recruiting Classes, an event that has been taking upon with the CS Division. And finally, Magus spearheaded the movement of retention, and has since been the recruiter of many different O's and G's, some you may know today. Magus was, and still is (to me), the best recruiter in the history of this division, and one of the best EdgeGamers Recruiters of all Time.

But most importantly, he was my friend, and he was a nice and funny guy, looking forwarding to meeting new people everyday. And even though he was pretty much certifiably insane, he was a huge factor in all of 2013 and made the division a better place.

Thanks for reading. Jeremy wishes everyone here a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
 
This post makes me sad.

Jeremy was a great friend of mine, and I'm sad to see him go.

Recruits of Jeremy, live on with his legacy.
 
I'm going to miss my buddy Jeremy. :( Time to make a Facebook division.
 
Jeremy, if you ever log back in and see this, you are one of the great friends i've made here in eGO, like Dee said you did a lot for this division and it was awesome having you around. I will miss those random moments of brilliant insanity that made coming here entertaining. Hopefully you keep in touch and wish you the best in your musical aspirations IRL.
 
Hopefully Jeremy stops by every now and then. He was a great friend and member of this community. We'll miss him, but I'm sure he's being just as awesome in whatever he is doing now. :)
 
Back
Top