Your role?

Ken the Kitsune

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
1,014
Not talking about classes or anything, but whether your more offensive or defensive. I'll give an example. Me, I'm not the type of offensive person. There is a rare occasion when I actually do kill one intently. Like say I'm a pyro. I constantly check our flank and watch for spies with my homewrecker instead of ambushing. Spy, I don't go for stabs when there's an engineer. I simply go to their spawn and take out their teleporters before I try anything else sense that means less pressure on my team. I don't go for kills, and whenever I do, they are quick assassinations of a high value class with a knife or protecting myself with a needlegun while running backwards towards my team.....right, the question.

What role do you do? Are you the person constantly looking to rip a hole in the enemies offense/defense or are you the type of person who wants to help support your teammates and such. Or a combination of both? idk
 
Depends on what class I'm playing but usually I'm super offensive. Like, to the point where it's bad and kills me. I don't know what retreat means, which is why I love baby face blast scout :D Get to confuse the enemy really well and either kill or annoy them! When I play medic (kinda my main) I don't usually attack unless I don't have anybody to heal. I suck at spy and just die all the time. And yeah, those are my main classes. I'm offensive :3
 
I'm pretty offensive. Oh... wait... you mean in game. Hrm, it all really depends on my class, honestly. As Heavy I typically charge into the fray, gun blazing. Same can be said for Pyro and Medic (though with him its my medigun blazing). However, if I'm one of my less good classes I usually hang back to protect points a lot more.
 
It depends mostly;

For attack/defend cp and payload:
on offence I prefer to go for the objective taking out sentries as needed. On defense I go for strictly kills and hop on the point if anyone is on it.

5 point cp and KotH:
I like to put as much pressure on the enemy team as possible through what ever means possible and I only go for the point if it's needed.

Edit: Oh and if sanctified is in the server but on the other team, I make it my mission to hunter him and/or radio.
 
Last edited:
I've always been offensive. That reflects really badly on my score, because I tend to rush into unknown situations and get myself killed.

That being said, I love playing defense on Attack/Defend Maps. More kills!
 
I like destroying the enemy but I usually do so in a methodical, fairly careful manner. I prefer defending verses offense, since that allows me to easily dictate when and where I fight.
 
Last edited:
Like everyone is saying, it depends on the class I play too x)
I mostly play spy or engie though so that's pretty much defensive as I'm not very offensive being a spy
I just wait for kills to pass by and //try to make sure they don't get to our side or reach intel :D
 
Depends on the map. For example i always play dustbowl and i always like being on red (defense) but when i am on defense i am always on offense... For example our team is getting pushed back because blue is good, I rocket jump or dead ringer myself behind blue and massacre them. I am not the type of person that just backs away i always run to the front. Might cause my life but usually makes red push back to a better defensive place and blue loses ground by retreating >:D
 
I'd say I'm typically more offensive, even though my preferred class is Medic and I love supporting my team.
 
I usually chill around healthpacks.

Alternately, I'm mostly defensive. I'll stay near the point or try to keep them away from it (until we've pushed them way far back. Then it's time for Spawn Door Integrity Assessments).
 
Oh, ok, because I literally never play scout, solly, or heavy since I don't know how to be offensive. I never push with an uber push because I'm always looking behind everyone making sure spies or a surprise demoman isn't about to catch us by surprise. I have no offensive abilities whatsoever, but I thrive at defensive and support
 
I prefer being on blue than red, i dont like defending.
 
I mainly play soldier and scout, so im the guy that gets all up in the other teams face and is constantly going for kills. Whether or not I succeed is a story for a different time. I hate being defensive, I love the action and lots of kills by being aggressive.
My motto is spoken in the great words of the soldier and Sun Tzu "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!"
 
Last edited:
i usualy do whatever i find the silliest, sometimes that means sitting around with sentrys, sometimes that means murdering people with fire
 
I don't know, playing the objective? Pushing the cart, capping and defending the point, it's pretty amazing how easy it is to get top score without getting a single kill on certain maps.
 
I do what I want, whether that is an insanely aggressive medic or demo, camping sniper or engi, or whatever
 
Back
Top