Worst Habits

BoinkVX

Poster
Joined
Oct 5, 2013
Messages
186
Anyone currently or used to have any really bad habits in TF2? For me personally I used to play on 15 mouse sensitivity. It took me 1000 hours to realize that it was actually making me worse at the game because I was so used to it.
 
Because of playing with the Sydney Sleeper, I never go for the head as sniper.

It's also because of CoD, now that I think of it.
 
Using the stupid scroll wheel on my mouse to switch weapons. I need to switch to a mouse without a scroll wheel.
 
Rocket jumping when it is not needed and taking the health I need away because of it

*whisper* and being bad
 
Last edited:
Trying to airblast reflect EVERYTHING! Sentry rockets, scout baseballs, arrows, medic needles, medi-gun healing beams, natascha spam, short circuit lasers, machina lasers, teleporters, the payload cart, everything. It gets me in the mindset of stand and fight when I really should dodge.
 
playing tf2... i mean what?

hmm.. running out blindly from spawn
 
I actually....I don't know if this is a bad habit or not.

I hold down crouch when rocket jumping. It's the way I learned to do it and I taught myself to do that, so I could have a larger window to MG someone. I don't think it hurts the jump, but I'm really not sure.
 
As a Medic, I like to roll the dice on a crit melee kill when squaring off against Spies. Which is fine, I guess, but if I don't crit on first contact I'll just keep whacking away with total disregard for my surroundings. Either I get killed by something I should have seen or the Spy gets away with a backstab (I mean, he has a pretty big advantage so it's going to happen eventually). It's not a bad habit that crushes my usefulness but when I die doing it I'm pretty mad at myself because it's so dumb.

A secondary bad habit is probably riding the hot player a little too hard. I try to spread healing around but if there is a particularly awesome Soldier/Demo I tend to focus on pocketing them a little too much, at the expense of the team.

playing tf2... i mean what?

hmm.. running out blindly from spawn

A lot of players do that, especially at the start of a round... it's like everyone's bad habit.
 
Last edited:
Haunting engis as a spy is fun but with this habit I cant resist trying it on Idol every now and then and he usually predicts where I am at hiding resulting in a dead ghost.
 
I actually....I don't know if this is a bad habit or not.

I hold down crouch when rocket jumping. It's the way I learned to do it and I taught myself to do that, so I could have a larger window to MG someone. I don't think it hurts the jump, but I'm really not sure.

thats actually a good habit, crouching makes you go higher/farther in a rocket jump.
as for bad habits for me, i constantly spam voice commands (just because the voices amuse me) and i also swap weapons randomly

also boink, its good to get used to a mouse sensitivity and always use that exact mouse sensitivity in every game you play, but yes, 15 mouse sensitivity on tf2 is way too high (unless you use super low dpi/polling rate, but that's kindof a weird way to go about it)

personally i use levelcap's (big bf4 youtuber) mouse settings. i have a razor death adder at 900 dpi and 500 polling rate, and my tf2 sensitivity is 4.36 this means one full unzoomed 360 is almost exactly 4.5 inches of mouse movement left or right
 
Last edited:
Haunting engis as a spy is fun but with this habit I cant resist trying it on Idol every now and then and he usually predicts where I am at hiding resulting in a dead ghost.
LOL! I'll be just chilling, playing pyro buddy and covering a sentry's blind spot when suddenly Toxxie's spray will appear next to me. And the hunt is on :w00t:
 
Bad Habit for Soldier: Holding the W key while rocket jumping. I know I'm not supposed to, as I've been told this by many people who play soldier way better than I do. But I can't stop! @_@

Bad Habit for Medic: Running after Spies when I should just stick with my patient. I see a Spy, call it out, and no one goes after him. So I go after the Spy with my melee, and half the time I get killed.

Bad Habit for Pyro: Airblasting too much. Sometimes I airblast an enemy away from me instead if just using the M1 to burn them to death faster. Usually I can get them with my flare gun, but it would've been faster to just burn them with the flamethrower.
 
Last edited:
Soldier: what Kazoo said
Pyro: W+M1
Demo: self-detonation :(
Heavy: lack of aim skillz
Medic: what kazoo said, except I do it for all classes
Sniper: jumping after every shot
Spy: Dying excessively and never killing anyone
 
I overextend too often. This is what kills me faster, but I can't seem to be aware of it every game.
 
Hmm..... lets see..... When I get bored I krits weird classes. Scouts, enforcer spies, sydney sleeper snipers. Whenever I see a spy and too late to kill him, I simply heal him for the assist..... Whenever my patient keeps spamming E I tend not to heal them...... even though they are the only power class on our team, just find them annoying. I tend to pop when I feel like popping, instead of when my patient says to do so. Treating krits as a uber as in doing it in the last second unintentionally. (When I'm not medic) I tend not to help the engineers build while I'm doing nothing pre-round. Seriously, even upgrading their tele to lvl 3 would be a huge help, and can get back to the front before it starts. Purposefully running into taunt kills. whenever I see someone doing one, I just walk into it fully knowing what I'm doing. I am far from perfect XD
 
Oh, additional bad habit: not helping Engis build their stuff pre-round by either suiciding so they can have metal or being Engi and switching away. I kind of feel bad about it at times.

Bad Habit for Soldier: Holding the W key while rocket jumping. I know I'm not supposed to, as I've been told this by many people who play soldier way better than I do. But I can't stop! @_@

Bad Habit for Medic: Running after Spies when I should just stick with my patient. I see a Spy, call it out, and no one goes after him. So I go after the Spy with my melee, and half the time I get killed.

That's pretty much why I do it too... I kind of understand how players don't Spy Check religiously (it's a habit you have to develop) but it irks me when I call out a Spy, indicate who it is and where they are standing, and my teammates continue blissfully going about their business only to be killed by the Spy. So I go after the Spy and sometimes it's a face-palm-tacular experience since Medics aren't really made for killing anything.

Hmm..... lets see..... When I get bored I krits weird classes. Scouts, enforcer spies, sydney sleeper snipers. Whenever I see a spy and too late to kill him, I simply heal him for the assist..... Whenever my patient keeps spamming E I tend not to heal them...... even though they are the only power class on our team, just find them annoying. I tend to pop when I feel like popping, instead of when my patient says to do so. Treating krits as a uber as in doing it in the last second unintentionally. (When I'm not medic) I tend not to help the engineers build while I'm doing nothing pre-round. Seriously, even upgrading their tele to lvl 3 would be a huge help, and can get back to the front before it starts. Purposefully running into taunt kills. whenever I see someone doing one, I just walk into it fully knowing what I'm doing. I am far from perfect XD

Some random Spy asked me to Uber him out of the gate on Dustbowl once... I figured, what the heck, why not? He racked up 5-6 kills and the other team ran in terror. Doing unorthodox things works wonders occasionally (basically why single class teams can overwhelm opposing teams).

I've also been known to refuse to heal players who either a) spam the "e" button as if they are the only player on the team, or b) make unnecessary voice chat demands. Some Sniper (low on the heal priority chain for you non-Medics) who screaming at me for a heal on voice chat a month or so ago... he basically got no heals. Ever. Even though he was actually one of the better and more productive players on the team. You're not the boss of me, Mr. Sniper.

I overextend too often. This is what kills me faster, but I can't seem to be aware of it every game.

This is like every defender ever on Dustbowl when given the chance. You know you're in trouble when you're pounding the Blue team's spawn and you see the little capture icon at the bottom start to fill up. Usually some poor Engi who was the only body back on the point is rightfully screaming "THANXXX TEAM!!!111one" into his headset too. I feel bad but not enough to not push too far. Manifest Defensive Destiny!
 
Last edited:
Bad Habit for Pyro: Airblasting too much. Sometimes I airblast an enemy away from me instead if just using the M1 to burn them to death faster. Usually I can get them with my flare gun, but it would've been faster to just burn them with the flamethrower.

This is one of my worst tf2 habits as well. And on top of that, I feel so bad when I miss my flare shots :(.
 
Back
Top